Sign in to follow this  
symptom

Complaints need to lighten up.

I get people are struggling with playing the SA, but remember it is in alpha. Can we wait to complain till it's at least in Beta?? I understand there are some things that need direct immediate attention, but stuff like bleeding and loot respawning can wait. I'm sure Rocket is well aware of these issues already. I've Ben playing since the DayZ mod came out, so maybe this adjustment is not so bad for me, cause I've seen worse. But people, we need to ease up on some of these complaints. Rocket isn't going to spoon feed you guys baby food. Play the game as it is for now, and try to enjoy it. There's tons to do. I've been experimenting with the medical supplies and trying to craft items. If you want to come check out what I do,hit me up on skype.

All I'm saying is, if something seems like it's not going your way or it isn't easy enough for you to figure out. Then ask someone. Don't complain about it. I don't want this game becoming too easy to play. Some of you need to make adjustments to your play style. Not every complaint will be a fix for the SA. Adapt or leave. There are more important things out there, than zombies are hitting you too hard.

• Like 1

Some complaints are valid, others are not. However regardless in what state the game is or what size the issue is, it is always nice for it it be presented as it informs of what we should or shouldn't do, what may break our game, what may reset our character.

As long as it's at least semi constructive and does not insult the developers in any way then I'm okay with it.

Unless it's about KOS. People need to shut the f*ck up about that.  

• Like 1

you're too kind. There is only one thing to say to the people that complain: Learn to fucking read

When you buy the game, it warns you of it being alpha and buggy etc, I dont know why they keep whining

At least the kids and the casuals will fuck off!

Yeah there was a disclaimer, and yes people ignored it. Now they need to chill out.

• Like 1

you're too kind. There is only one thing to say to the people that complain: Learn to fucking read

When you buy the game, it warns you of it being alpha and buggy etc, I dont know why they keep whining

At least the kids and the casuals will fuck off!

It can be slightly daunting for new players though...especially players who don't like reading.  There is literally no tutorial in-game...not that there needs to be mind you.  But players who haven't done any googling before playing the game and aren't DayZ mod vets will most likely be like, "What the hell?!" and even some DayZ mod vets.  It's also slightly befuddling because there are tons of guides on the DayZ mod that only partly apply to the DayZ SA Alpha.

I just put a semi-comprehensive survivor's guide together today for the DayZ SA Alpha specifically that I think addresses most of these issues, if people are willing to actually read it.

What bothers me is not the complaints about bugs and the like, but those complaints that are mostly centered around the thesis of "Game is too hard; accommodate me!"

Learn 2 play 'yall.

• Like 1

Yeah there was a disclaimer, and yes people ignored it. Now they need to chill out.

That's the main problem. People bought it without really knowing what alpha means. They bought it to "play" dayz.

I'm especially fond of the posters saying they've followed the development for the past year then post another thread suggesting something that already planned.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just because there is a disclaimer doesn't mean criticism should be censored in any way; that's the entire point of releasing a game in early access is it not? That being said there are helpful and unhelpful complaints, and also unhelpful responses to those.

The thing is, people who bought it with no mod experience should've read the disclaimer on steam. It was big and bold so you could see it before purchasing the game.

To you guys that this applies too....

Give it time. Try to learn the game mechanics as they are. It is not difficult to play. It is very fun. If you need help, hit me up. I am always willing to teach new people how to play.

• Like 1

Complaints is what makes good games.

People complained about text notifications? 

Rocket saw and fixed it.

If everyone kept their mouth shut how would you know what was wrong and what people disliked.

Granted, 60% of the complaints are invalid and the OPs shouldn't be useing a computer, but the 40% deserve their recognition. 

Now, about the people that think it's too hard and need it to be easier etc...

half of the fun of dayz SA so far, is learning and exploring the new stuff that have been added.

. The other half is surviving. Too hard? it's actually, finaly, a challenge. Zombies are rare, yes, and an easy shot, but supplies are too few, and ammo is not everywhere ( even if I got an ammo box with 300 stanag rounds). It's finally not the PvP chaos that the mod is. 

The thing is, people who bought it with no mod experience should've read the disclaimer on steam. It was big and bold so you could see it before purchasing the game.

To you guys that this applies too....

Give it time. Try to learn the game mechanics as they are. It is not difficult to play. It is very fun. If you need help, hit me up. I am always willing to teach new people how to play.

Rocket himself has even pretty much said not to buy this game unless you want to support the development.  Of course, he's underselling it but if you manage to buy the game without reading the various disclaimers you can't really blame anyone but yourself.  If this was an open beta or a launch, then yeah I might be more demand-y about stuff but it's not.