winkl_bottom

Bleeding (Over Powered)

Bleeding is a bit over powered. I am dying many times by zombies attacking me through the floor of buildings. I was just in the Cherno grocery store, and two zombies saw me through the walls (or heard me rather), and were attacking me from underneath the building. Often, if you are ever hit by a zombie, you will start bleeding profusely, and it will not stop.

Personally, i believe there is too much bleeding, too quickly, and it should have a chance to coagulate instead of bleeding forever. If this is a simulation, how the body operates should be taken into account. The body is a miraculous machine, it is hard, and easy to kill all at the same time. A deep scratch, claw marks, bite marks, even some tearing of the flesh will not cause you to bleed out unless an artery is hit.

I doubt a zombie clawing, punching you, ect is going to cause a huge wound to open up for blood to pour out. Infection makes more sense than the mass amount of bleeding that occurs. As they will most likely cause deep cuts, broken bones, torn muscles ect. before you bleed out. These can be counter acted by keeping the  wound open, do not close, and exposing the wound to the sun for at least an hour (2 hours is best), or even distilling salt water, and using salt water to flush the wound to kill the bacteria.

I just think the decision to make the bleeding the main way to die by a zombie is unrealistic as cuts, clawing, ect. is very rarely going to cause you to bleed like a stuck pig. Infection makes much more sense, and infection also gives you time to attempt to raid hospitals ect. looking for blood test, anti-bacterial pills so on. 

Edited by milkyway12
  • Like 1

I agree some tweaks are needed, but I'd like to be able to tear a rag of my own shirt to bandage the plea.

If it's already possible, nevermind ! ( I know bandanas are tearable, didn't even try with my own shirt yet.)

Or you could stop being horrible at the game?  It really isn't that hard to deal with. Bandages are basically infinite and you regen blood.  Training wheels are not necessary. At least we aren't getting our legs broken from zombie swings anymore. You should try that some time.

It used to be that you randomly stop bleeding sometimes after being injured, but I'm not sure if that is the case at the moment.

Tear your own shirt up into rags and bandage yourself with them.  If you keep getting into situations where you're bleeding and you don't have any rags or a shirt to rip up, then you're not playing carefully enough.

• Like 1

I think zombies should do more damage per hit but have a lesser chance of making you bleed.

I think the bleeding is fine. You just have to react quickly to it. I have been playing since the SA release and have had no problems with it.

I have to agree that the bleeding needs to be toned down... especially based on what you are wearing... its like the humans in the game have tissue paper skin... if im wearing a rain coat it should damage the rain coat all the way then I should start being able to get scratched by the zombies... and it should not take 2 minutes of whacking at a zombie with a baseball bat to kill them... since the SA came out i have only died from zombies making me bleed out of every limb cause im trying to beat them to death with the baseball bat or a crowbar... its a bit much... hopefully the reworking of the zombies will make them a bit easier to land a critical hit on the first or second swing...

• Like 1

I think the bleeding is fine. You just have to react quickly to it. I have been playing since the SA release and have had no problems with it.

Yeah, as long as you get it bandaged up quickly it isn't really too much of a problem, but when I'm wearing a raincoat, cargo pants, a hat and gloves it doesn't really make sense for me to get a potentially fatal (if untreated) wound via being slapped while hitting a zombie with an axe.

More damage per hit with a lower chance of bleeding just seems more logical to me.

Hmmmmm... I haven't found bleeding in this game to be any worse than the Mod. In fact I seem to bleed a bit less. At least Rags are easy to come by so you can quickly bandage yourself up. BTW, I believe it was said that the chance of you bleeding can be influenced by what you are wearing. Even a t-shirt can lower the chance of you starting up bleeding.

I agree with Mosey, id be willing to take more damage from hits, and less bleeding as the bleeding just isnt realistic. The blunt damage possibly could. 

The melee is just so wobly and sketchy at the moment, and almost on every hit you receive you will start bleeding. Guns are rare, and ammo is even more rare. 

----

Rocket talks about all this realism he wants to add, then he should. Since we cannot be turned into zombies, your next biggest threat is infection OF the blood, not blood loss. 

Edited by milkyway12

I have to agree that the bleeding needs to be toned down... especially based on what you are wearing... its like the humans in the game have tissue paper skin... if im wearing a rain coat it should damage the rain coat all the way then I should start being able to get scratched by the zombies... and it should not take 2 minutes of whacking at a zombie with a baseball bat to kill them... since the SA came out i have only died from zombies making me bleed out of every limb cause im trying to beat them to death with the baseball bat or a crowbar... its a bit much... hopefully the reworking of the zombies will make them a bit easier to land a critical hit on the first or second swing...

I'm pretty sure zombies damage your gear when they hit you as mine seemed to be in progressively worse condition as I fought them today. Also, the zombies are attacking you with the intent to rip you to shreds and eat you so I think they use quite a lot of force.

Edited by xInfinityx

Or you could stop being horrible at the game?  It really isn't that hard to deal with. Bandages are basically infinite and you regen blood.  Training wheels are not necessary. At least we aren't getting our legs broken from zombie swings anymore. You should try that some time.

It used to be that you randomly stop bleeding sometimes after being injured, but I'm not sure if that is the case at the moment.

you see this guy ..on my other thread he does the same thing. its why i call him a fanboy. no matter what he says its " ok...learn to play "  but the bleeding is broken...you shouldnt bleed from a hit from a zombie attack like that . they should make bleeding something like the percentage of your health then you start to bleed .

Yeah there is too much blood or bleeding for zombie game! honestly is fine heck i went on a fist fight with one zombie i won only to pass out 3 secs later. Heck yeah walking dead style bra........Zombie and damage by them has to be 1 chalange 2 should be other survivers, which will be become number one. 

Edited by reapers239

I always thought it would be better to have zombies do more beating damage, as in broken bones, bruising, and concussions. To me, a flesh eating zombie doesn't work. Even if they do bite you, you wouldn't bleed out like it ripped out your jugular( unless it actually did :) ). I think players are enough of a threat for bleeding lol.

I would be ok with more damage per hit, but less chance of a bleed.

With that said though, I don't think bleeding is an issue really. You bleed out slower in SA than the mod it seems. And rags are easy to come by by making them from shirts. And yes you can take your own shirt off and make it into rags.

Or you could stop being horrible at the game?  It really isn't that hard to deal with...... Rant rant

You are a tosser. That is all.

My point is this, it doesn't make sense to bleed as profusely as you currently do. It's not realistic. 

Rocket wanted to put crapping and pissing into the game, so i would figure he cared about the damage aspect as well. Death from a blood infection should be your main concern after contact with zombies than bleeding to death; assuming zombies do not have super strength, but are slowly deteriorating. It really depends on the lore of the zombies in this game when noting what their abilities are. Considering the zombies look like regular dead people walking around, without any crazy claw or teeth mutations, they attack like a normal human would. Considering this, you wont bleed to death by being bitched slapped by a zombie or a human.

----

Let's try this. When you get knocked down by a zombie, and they start doing the eating animation, THEN make the bleeding occur more frequently as he is attempting to take bites out of you. However, the average slapping, clawing, ect isn't going to cause you to bleed profusely. It may cause an infection, though.

I think normal zombie attacks should have a 50% reduction in bleed chance, with the current bleed chance in the game occur only when knocked down, and they're attempting to bite you, ect. 

----

How to help with the reduction of natural bacteria and surface infection?

Sun tanning for at least an hour a day after taking a 5 to 10 minute dip in the ocean could seriously kill some bacteria, almost as well as soap removing the bacteria. Not to mention, you can easily make lye soap from animal fat that you kill by using ashes from a fire and mixing it up with the fat in a bucket and cooking it. Then pour the mixture into a preformed wooden block and now you have lye soap once it hardens inside the mold. You can wash infections and clothes with it like a regular bar of soap. 

Edited by milkyway12

I think zombies should do more damage per hit but have a lesser chance of making you bleed.

I think zombies should do more damage, 1 hit to start bleed and there should be more of them, they are so easy to ignore atm. It's just like the mod atm.

Bleeding is a bit over powered. I am dying many times by zombies attacking me through the floor of buildings. I was just in the Cherno grocery store, and two zombies saw me through the walls (or heard me rather), and were attacking me from underneath the building. Often, if you are ever hit by a zombie, you will start bleeding profusely, and it will not stop.

Personally, i believe there is too much bleeding, too quickly, and it should have a chance to coagulate instead of bleeding forever. If this is a simulation, how the body operates should be taken into account. The body is a miraculous machine, it is hard, and easy to kill all at the same time. A deep scratch, claw marks, bite marks, even some tearing of the flesh will not cause you to bleed out unless an artery is hit.

I doubt a zombie clawing, punching you, ect is going to cause a huge wound to open up for blood to pour out. Infection makes more sense than the mass amount of bleeding that occurs. As they will most likely cause deep cuts, broken bones, torn muscles ect. before you bleed out. These can be counter acted by keeping the  wound open, do not close, and exposing the wound to the sun for at least an hour (2 hours is best), or even distilling salt water, and using salt water to flush the wound to kill the bacteria.

I just think the decision to make the bleeding the main way to die by a zombie is unrealistic as cuts, clawing, ect. is very rarely going to cause you to bleed like a stuck pig. Infection makes much more sense, and infection also gives you time to attempt to raid hospitals ect. looking for blood test, anti-bacterial pills so on. 

Do believe it depends how many times they hit you and wear they do, so you may wanna look into that.

If you are dyng a lot from bleeding you're doing something wrong, I have yet to die from it.

It's about the realism. 

My point is this, it doesn't make sense to bleed as profusely as you currently do. It's not realistic. 

Rocket wanted to put crapping and pissing into the game, so i would figure he cared about the damage aspect as well. Death from a blood infection should be your main concern after contact with zombies than bleeding to death; assuming zombies do not have super strength, but are slowly deteriorating. It really depends on the lore of the zombies in this game when noting what their abilities are. Considering the zombies look like regular dead people walking around, without any crazy claw or teeth mutations, they attack like a normal human would. Considering this, you wont bleed to death by being bitched slapped by a zombie or a human.

----

Let's try this. When you get knocked down by a zombie, and they start doing the eating animation, THEN make the bleeding occur more frequently as he is attempting to take bites out of you. However, the average slapping, clawing, ect isn't going to cause you to bleed profusely. It may cause an infection, though.

I think normal zombie attacks should have a 50% reduction in bleed chance, with the current bleed chance in the game occur only when knocked down, and they're attempting to bite you, ect. 

----

How to help with the reduction of natural bacteria and surface infection?

Sun tanning for at least an hour a day after taking a 5 to 10 minute dip in the ocean could seriously kill some bacteria, almost as well as soap removing the bacteria. Not to mention, you can easily make lye soap from animal fat that you kill by using ashes from a fire and mixing it up with the fat in a bucket and cooking it. Then pour the mixture into a preformed wooden block and now you have lye soap once it hardens inside the mold. You can wash infections and clothes with it like a regular bar of soap.