Sign in to follow this  
Masterwitz

Not enough Food and Drinks --------------> KoS

So i played the Standalone quite a lot now.

The main Problem why everybody shoots on sight is the rarely food system.

So everytime i ran through the Coast citys theyre pretty much empty of food.

Yes there probably was somebody before, but yesterday i was in zelenogorsk the server 

restarted i joined back in.

After going through every building in Zelenogorsk i had enough food for the next 2 hours 

of running. 

----> You may say:" Wheres the problem dude its a survival game"

> Yeah iam ok searching for food but,

i packed everything of food that was in Zelenogorsk.

So one guy like me can empty a big city.

If iam at the coast im going to kill everybody i see as fast as i possible can, cause they steal

me the food and iam going to die. So the only way to survive is kill other players.

If i dont i will die.

______________> There must spawn more Food!

>there must spawn more food

there will be animals you can hunt.

dried and preserved foods like trail mix and MRE will be re-implimented

you can get water from any lake or stream you see. just go into mouselook and scroll.

Leave the coast. Problem solved.

this

except for the new town above berezino, that always has abundant civ loot because nobody has been there yet.

I usually tend to avoid encounters with other players but yeah I killed a few. Still I haven't had a hard time getting geared up as a fresh character, and I died quite many times during the past few days.

I just ignore the spawn or south shore and head north. For me there was always something useful to be found that other players apparently left behind, and I mean the houses with doors open already.

One time I was already starving to death but just kept going north and suddenly found lots of cans and sodas.

Sorry dudes, but as long as you got any item to open cans you shouldnt have any problems. I found like 5 times more food than i would need.

I'm finding too much food.. on a 40 person server, i'm late to the scene already (all open doors) and i still have too much food that i drop it for other items (kits etc)

Sorry dudes, but as long as you got any item to open cans you shouldnt have any problems. I found like 5 times more food than i would need.

not even.

if you have tuna cans you can survive indefinitely without any sharp item

+water sip

I suppose the respawning of loot as it works at the moment is discouraging some players a bit, be it the reason for KoS or not. 

I don't think most people KoS others due lack of sustenance, but rather because they can and want to, or just avoid the risk of getting shot instead.

i have all the time full stomach, every 6 hours i go to cherno and fed me like hell, there is alot food 

The biggest reason of KOS is lack of bigger threat. If you are trapped in a building by hundreds of Zs, would you kill other survivors who may watch your back/guard other entrances? Don't think so.

The biggest reason of KOS is lack of bigger threat. If you are trapped in a building by hundreds of Zs, would you kill other survivors who may watch your back/guard other entrances? Don't think so.

This exactly. Until the zeds become a real threat in SA at some point, players who just play to KoS might think twice before doing what they do.

But then again probably not :)

This exactly. Until the zeds become a real threat in SA at some point, players who just play to KoS might think twice before doing what they do.

But then again probably not :)

Griefers would still kill for fun for sure, but overall KOS would be greatly reduced.

I think there is plenty of food and drinks... But I do think that you have to drink and eat way too often! Its ridiculous that you cannot run more then 5-600 meters before you have to eat a full meal again. Same goes for thirst. I have to eat like 2-6 meals between towns.. this isn't always the case though, some times it seems to hold up longer(don't know why)...

I agree that the biggest way to stop KoS is to increase the zombie count. If firing a gun in the middle of Electro brings down 40 zombies on you, most people would perhaps hesitate to fire.

That said, the zombies aren't much of a threat considering they are pretty much incapable of hitting a moving target right now. Even if 40 were chasing me, they'd never hit me as long as I kept moving, and it's easy enough to break line of site on trees repeatedly until they give up on the chase.

Have to say, not happy with the food/water messages. They stress me out and instead of doing anything else, I just look to fill backpack. From full to starving into unconsiousness took 2h, which I also find short, (not sure, but I think thirst took longer to drop me). There should be more water bottles also. It is inconseavable that u have trouble finding a contenair to fill water in an urban environment...

this

except for the new town above berezino, that always has abundant civ loot because nobody has been there yet.

I came back to the coast after seeing Zelengorsk, Green mountain and a small village.

I saw green mountain luring in a soul and I took a screenshot with him running and green mountain in the picture :)

I ran back down and ended up ontop of Churno to see the new apartment blocks as well as the plane crash and now I'm almost at Elektro and hoping there isn't too many people with guns so I don't have to shoot anybody.