pope ramone

Few questions about servers

Loving the game so far, I am a new player with no experience of the mod. so excuse me if my questions are stupid.

So the server sync indicator I get that when It turns red it means you have lost connection with the server. Should you avoid doing any inventory management at that time? I ask because I lost a stack of decent loot after being disconnected, is there any way of avoiding that? Also what do the other colour indicators mean in terms of gameplay?

there seem to be 3 types; recruit, vet and hardcore.  does this have any actual impact on gameplay?

I've read that some servers tweak daylight times are there any other gameplay tweaks that can be made server side? How would I know what they are?

I would really appreciate server recommendations as no one on my friends list is playing. I don't want a server where everyone is a teenager and plays for 19 hours a day but I also don't want a kindergarten.  Ideally where it is light in the mid evenings (UK time) so I can play in SOME daylight. 

The chains are kind of us less ignore them. They stay well past when dsync ends. You need to jump servers to fins a daylight one. Only choice. You are going to have to leave UK servers as well.

Hello, I have another quick server question.

How do I check who else is on the server with me while I'm playing?

Thanks.

Hello, I have another quick server question.

How do I check who else is on the server with me while I'm playing?

Thanks.

While playing press P

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

Thank you so much, I appreciated it - hadn't spammed that far to the left of my keyboard.

Also if you find a part of the map and you view it. There is an option there to look at the current player list as well.

Wow my thread was stolen while my back is turned lol. Does anyone have any answers to

My original questions?

Edited by pope ramone

The chains are kind of us less ignore them. They stay well past when dsync ends. You need to jump servers to fins a daylight one. Only choice. You are going to have to leave UK servers as well.

Cheers man, but I was more asking what you can do when dsync occurs. If you are in the middle of Looting and the server crashes everything during that time is lost

Well the dsync is not associated with server crashes. You will just look weird to other players for a few seconds. If the sever crashes and you are looting you simply get put back in time where you were. Loot should still be there.

Edited by mintypie007