Sign in to follow this  
BRKermit

Hmmmm some question's, Idea's and thoughts. Optimizing.

So basically #team'soon'to'be'famous is trying to get 10,000 zombie's max on a server without lag? With the current zombie pathing and animations/functioning, would make it almost physically impossible. Even more physically impossible with 400+ animal's, which all in all really isn't much in term's of wild life at all. The way I would do it is activate zombie's within a certain radius, and have them spawn in pack's, you don't need thousand's walking around/ activated if a player is near a certain location as that is what I would call "wasting".

In a zombie apocalypse, zombie's don't wonder alone only a very few usually do-- at the most. Zombie's move in massive groups, or small groups. (Since the idea of the zombie's was always on that main point) Anyways, the fact that zombie's (if they) keep appearing over and over would extremely drag the server's optimization down even further. Unless their in major city's which then would be realistic, and you would set a variable/trigger to refresh the zombie count so often, or on how many were killed. I would even add a variable/trigger to not even spawn zombie's at all in any town or city, until a player at-least walks around the bubble 100-200m's within the town or city.

More or less you wanna cut the fat off the old mod, and like you guys said, and are doing- rebuilding it with some old code's from the Arma mod with better optimized tweek's here and there.

In term's of wild life, I would have certain sector's of the map spawn so many, (Blocks of map) and well if there hunted... Their hunted. Animal's shouldn't just re-spawn somewhere else like in the mod, sometime's they even double in the mod. This would cut alot of un-needed performance already 50% used. So in another way it's like real life, every season there's more animals, and every restart is basically like a season. 

Loot spawn's, sigh. Now this, this would be a hard one. I really don't know how I would per-say let the loot's happen there's multiple way's you can trigger them in to refresh, especially one city/town at a time, basically like a string, so it would probably refresh the coast, and head up words and west. Since Berezino is also a coast'l city, so basically you'd refresh Kamenka, Balota, Cherno, Elektro, Kamyshovo, sol, and then Berezino, then kinda go from Berezino to NE, NW Kranostav, Novy, Stary then work around to the smaller ones. Which this would lead to better optimizing and less lag because it's not all at once, plus you'd have to work in the loot spawns for the military base's also on the map, any idea on how to do this, I wouldn't know. I'm not that experienced with ++.

Just afew idea's for the team I greatly appreciate and admire, anyway's. I need to fix stuff for the mod, I guess there's a new hack out I need to figure out how to patch. (Sighs..)

:beans:

This game doesn't have zombies it has Zeds therefor they don't act like zombies they act like however the devs want them too.

Edited by Weedz

i have no idea how this things work so i cant say much except for the zombies part. As i read it that would make tyhe zombie spawn exactly like the mod leading to the usual no zombies = no players here

Zeds.. are zombies... (Keyboard to face)

Troll much?

Edited by BRKermit

Zeds.. are zombies... (Keyboard to face)

Troll much?

Not really; The DayZ Zeds aren't really ´´Zombies´´.

Actually, if i may get all meta-speculative; Maybe they're called Zeds, as a reference to zombies because their behavior is similar to zombies in popular culture.

But no, the DayZ zeds are not really zombies and any ´´Zeds should do this because in other stuffs the Zombies do that´´ argument does not really apply IMO.

Not really; The DayZ Zeds aren't really ´´Zombies´´.

Actually, if i may get all meta-speculative; Maybe they're called Zeds, as a reference to zombies because their behavior is similar to zombies in popular culture.

But no, the DayZ zeds are not really zombies and any ´´Zeds should do this because in other stuffs the Zombies do that´´ argument does not really apply IMO.

Actually (Zeds) is short term for Zombie if anyone likes it or not. There not infected with rabie's, there dead. Their zombie's. Anyway's back on topic, plus I'd really like a developer to give feedback, or someone with experience behind coding.

Actually (Zeds) is short term for Zombie if anyone likes it or not. There not infected with rabie's, there dead. Their zombie's. Anyway's back on topic, plus I'd really like a developer to give feedback, or someone with experience behind coding.

Actually, no, that is not the case. I suggest you read up on the lore a bit (not that there's much)

You would actually be totally wrong. They are infected with something similar to 28 Days Later's "Rage Virus" which is a derivative of Ebola genetically manipulated as a weaponized bioagent. They are alive which is why you can kill one by shooting them in the arms and legs, it just takes more bullets. 

Anyway's, that's pretty cool they have the 28 days later sort of virus... one of my favorite movie's so to speak.. Anyhow, Then cross the topic off on the zombie optimization aspect of these ideas, and suggestions.