Sign in to follow this  
eamz

Gunsounds

in my opinion they sound ok but i have the feeling theyre not loud enough.  in dayzmod u hear some gunshots hundrets of meters and here its like 50-100? if not less. they sound more i dont want to say arcade but yeah not that realistig as in dayzmod. im the only one who noticed it?any tips maybe? is it cause its only m4 and mosin for now? turned up my effect sounds but cant hear any difference. still amazing game.

I feel like there are times where I've been right beside people and have heard nothing when they shoot. Haven't really tested it out or looked for the issue on the Feedback Tracker but if you can confirm it's an issue you should submit a bug report! I'd check it out myself as well, because I think you might be right, but I'm away from a computer capable of running the game :P

If you haven't seen/heard of the bug report system, the website is here! There's also a thread about it at the top of the General Discussion forum if you want to know more about the process.

I think most of the sounds are still placeholder at the moment. And they will change in future patches. The mosin sound dosnt need changing if you ask me though.

They're placeholders. Better sounds will be added

He's talking about the distance from which they can be heard though. Can the placeholder sound not carry over a more realistic distance? Not sure how placeholders work exactly.