Snusfylla

Stealthier option than tents

Hello

The idea occured to me when I found alot of different of storing cases, such as the protective case, ammo box and the med kit. 

The main idea is that you dig a hole around 1 meter (39.4 inches) long and 50 cm (19,7 icnhes) wide, and you can only fit 5 of those storing cases in that hole. All you need to dig the hole is a shovel, and maybe some twigs and grass to cover the hole up. This will make it a more stealthier approach of the storing opportunities that was in the mod.

And since it only fits 5 cases (open for balance suggestions) you can't fit that many items in there (and no big firearms?). Since it's well hidden you can place the hole down in the south without it being looted ASAP.  it will open up an opportunity to store some supplies that will help your later lives or friends that spawned on the shore.

Please excuse my grammar (English is my second language) and thank you for reading this thread.

TL;DR Storing cases in stealthy holes instead of tents.

• Like 1

Something like this has been in the the plans for a long time.

I think tents or some sort of way to stash your items is the top priority thing for now. Please rocket.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ  Give tents

I think tents or some sort of way to stash your items is the top priority thing for now. Please rocket.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ  Give tents

Fixing bugs is the top priority right now.

• Like 1

Fixing bugs is the top priority right now.

Well we still need the tents, and they keep adding guns :C Why rocket why?

• Like 1

This would be good if you could actually find the holes yourself...

You can ofcourse see them! they are just harder then tents to find if you don't know that they're there. the texture of of the cowered hole might be a mossy texture thats sticks out a lil bit.

Well we still need the tents, and they keep adding guns :C Why rocket why?

You don't have to always have the best of the best.

Don't become attached to gear incase of character wipe.

Just yolo it and say, I wanna throw out my M4 for this mosin, because mosins r sexy.

You can ofcourse see them! they are just harder then tents to find if you don't know that they're there. the texture of of the cowered hole might be a mossy texture thats sticks out a lil bit.

I would rather their be some sort of difficulty to developing these.

Or else you will have a server full of holes completely ruining optimisation.

In another way anything like this encourages hoarding which destroys the balance of loosing your gear when you die.

Before we get things that let you save loot, I think we need beards/ something to show your characters longevity.

I would rather their be some sort of difficulty to developing these.

Or else you will have a server full of holes completely ruining optimisation.

In another way anything like this encourages hoarding which destroys the balance of loosing your gear when you die.

Before we get things that let you save loot, I think we need beards/ something to show your characters longevity.

I think you guys got me wrong here, since the holes only can fit cases it cant fit any weapons. I personally just want some small storage place for food and medicine this is why i want this. I dont want to have 10 AS50's in a tent, that's just a game ruiner. Maybe the shovel goes from pristine to badly damaged under the process too so you cant just spam holes everywhere. And when i think about it, the holes are to big, they should maybe fit 2-3 storage cases. That is just my thought.

TL;DR Storing cases in stealthy holes instead of tents.

They can call it (insert your name here)'s "B" hole...and make it so if you happen to stumble upon someone else's "B" Hole you can store your junk in it or if their "B" Hole is full of shit then you can clean em out...and if it rains and your "B" Hole gets soaking wet then your junk is ruined. AND if you want you can expand your "B" Hole so that way you can fit bigger or more junk in it but it would also be easier find...endless possibilities with the "B" Hole!

Good idea, not sure if the engine can support terraforming like that.  I suppose the hole could just be an op-enable item you can "place."