Sign in to follow this  
desryachri

Blood regeneration?

Any self blood regeneration methods in game yet?

Tried eating 2 bags of rice, did not work lol.

Just wondering if anyone has discovered anything yet I know its alpher :P

In real life, your red cells would regenerate in about 4 to 6 weeks & your plasma between 24 to 48 hours, so after you are victim of a high blood loss, getting a Blood Transfusion Intravenous as soon as possible is the best thing to do, counting on natural regeneration may kill you even if you eat a lot / keep yourself hydrated...

I hope they'll make a realistic blood system / medical system in DayZ in the next updates. :)

Thanks! I will stay off until then, geared up well not worth loosing time and effort :)

Can anyone tell me is it possible to drain blood form a dead survivor? I don't kill on sight etc.. I know this would promote kos but I have come across a few dead survivors in the wild and scavenging their blood would be cool I guess?

Can anyone tell me is it possible to drain blood form a dead survivor? I don't kill on sight etc.. I know this would promote kos but I have come across a few dead survivors in the wild and scavenging their blood would be cool I guess?

I'm not so sure about that but I'll let you know when I walk by a dead guy  :P

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about that but I'll let you know when I walk by a dead guy  :P

Thanks please do! I'm all the way up north, survivors are few and far between :P

I'm lingering about east of Cherno. Hopefully getting more food supplies after the patch. 

I was pretty sure I was regenerating blood.

My screen got back a bit of colour.

I was pretty sure I was regenerating blood.

My screen got back a bit of colour.

Changelog

As far as I know, blood transfusion and eating do help gain back blood. But it doesn't really go back to normal as it should. Maybe it's a little buggy? After the blood transfusion my character had, he didn't get back any blood.

Yes by colour flickered a few times etc but the moaning and groaning etc remained an never seemed right.

Vitamins etc need indicators when yo use or if you try take medicine and you don't need it it shouldn't let you take then regardless because of the rarity.

Same with food or drink a I am full and cannot do this would be a nice feature.

Best thing to do is to wait till the next update gets pushed out imo. Doesn't seem all that safe to possibly lose all your items due to low blood + confrontation.

Best thing to do is to wait till the next update gets pushed out imo. Doesn't seem all that safe to possibly lose all your items due to low blood + confrontation.

thats what i am doing, it is hard for solo players at the moment no clear indication as to what is going on and it is almost impossible to work out what is wrong with your avatar.

It's very subtle I guess. Possibly infection might cause screen blurring and colour desaturation. Maybe check the wiki?

I think you can group up with others on this site. Helps a lot.  :)

You currently cannot take blood from a dead person, nor do I think you should be able to.

IRL blood would quickly clot and even if it didn't the red blood cells would quickly die do to lack of their own oxygen from a non-functioning pair of lungs. extracting the blood itself would also be hard without the heart bringing a new supply to the artery that you're extracting from.

I also think it would result in a lot more KoS moments which is something the development team is trying to steer away from as much as possible, there are already enough reasons to shoot a survivor without thirst for their blood being a factor.

I think vitimins, charcoal tabs, saline etc. SHOULD be difficult to understand and only through practice and failing will you learn what to use and when. This is TRUE immersion and a system I am very supportive of.

• Like 1

I also think it would result in a lot more KoS moments which is something the development team is trying to steer away from as much as possible, there are already enough reasons to shoot a survivor without thirst for their blood being a factor.

I think vitimins, charcoal tabs, saline etc. SHOULD be difficult to understand and only through practice and failing will you learn what to use and when. This is TRUE immersion and a system I am very supportive of.

Ah, I was too derp to think about that. At least with the blood transfusion thing, people will be forced to interact and help out others, yeah?

Or googling, but yeah. Having a really complicated medical system can come off as a huge turn off when it comes to the more casual players though.(not that I'm not supportive of it)