Indickua

Feature to really help combat logging.

It does fix the problem he was describing which was players disconnecting during captivity.

As for the combat logging in general, rocket has said that they have a solution for it which has yet to be implemented.

The idea of glowing in the dark trying to log out will never happen, and should never happen.

Yeah sry I didn't mean it like that I should have elaborated, glowing in the dark would be really stupid I just meant if you was being held up or something now that I look back on that I think that is a terrible idea lol but I'm just enthusiastic about putting ideas out there to be thought about ya know. :)

Thats basically what i just wrote lol except i wrote it in-depth so everyone understood.

Yeah your the idea is good but I don't like the idea of AI it usually is OP in ARMA from my experience.

Yeah sry I didn't mean it like that I should have elaborated, glowing in the dark would be really stupid I just meant if you was being held up or something now that I look back on that I think that is a terrible idea lol but I'm just enthusiastic about putting ideas out there to be thought about ya know. :)

Yeah, I understood where you were going with it. Luckily it will no longer be possible to just disconnect out of captivity, so no indicators of any kind should be needed. Their corpse will be there for you to loot free of repercussions, as if they committed suicide.

Edited by James MacDonald

Yeah, I understood where you were going with it. Luckily it will no longer be possible to just disconnect out of captivity, so no indicators of any kind should be needed. Their corpse will be there for you to loot free of repercussions, as if they committed suicide.

Lovely :) looks like a cool update cant wait to get my hands on that Magnum.

Actually what Indickua mentioned isn't entirely mistaken I believe. I haven't tried this, but I can imangine people would log off while they're about to be hand-cuffed or as they're just being halted - And with a combat timer they'd be standing still for 10 sec, It'd be hard to know if they're typing or logging out. I do not blieve in glow in the dark, but maybe an emote.

-I do not believe that a player wanting to imprison his victims rather then end their lives should be punished because of it's longevity.

But then again, this might not be a issue at all - And simply adding that cobat thingy with a player near them could fix that as well it seems.

Actually what Indickua mentioned isn't entirely mistaken I believe. I haven't tried this, but I can imangine people would log off while they're about to be hand-cuffed or as they're just being halted - And with a combat timer they'd be standing still for 10 sec, It'd be hard to know if they're typing or logging out. I do not blieve in glow in the dark, but maybe an emote.

-I do not believe that a player wanting to imprison his victims rather then end their lives should be punished because of it's longevity.

But then again, this might not be a issue at all - And simply adding that cobat thingy with a player near them could fix that as well it seems.

Yeah, unable to log out within 1-20 meters from another player should fix them logging before you're able to restrain them. Unless you're yelling at them from afar of course.

Indeed thanks for acknowledging what I said, and also I didn't mean it as in glowing in the dark now I think that's a really bad idea but I was just enthusiastically throwing ideas out after I was reminded of the problem in game.

I have a SIMPLE solution to combat logging.

When you log out, in combat or not, your actual CHARACTER does not disappear in the game after 2 minutes. That way, finding a good spot to log out like in a bush or something is critical.

If the NPC is killed however that person gets all your gear and next time you log on you will be a fresh spawn

It's SIMPLE and adds more danger factor, if you log out in the middle of NWAF, well your screwed. But it's so easy to AFK for 30 minutes and not get killed, im sure logging out for 2 minutes wont matter.

When you log out, in combat or not, your actual CHARACTER does not disappear in the game after 2 minutes. That way, finding a good spot to log out like in a bush or something is critical.

If the NPC is killed however that person gets all your gear and next time you log on you will be a fresh spawn

It's SIMPLE and adds more danger factor, if you log out in the middle of NWAF, well your screwed. But it's so easy to AFK for 30 minutes and not get killed, im sure logging out for 2 minutes wont matter.

If this ever gets implemented 2 minutes is far too long. You don't always have the time to log out in a bush or far away from any player or zombie activity for many reasons apart from combat logging.

They used to have that system in but people would just log back in and loot the AI, there are multiple ways to overcome that but it easily becomes glitchy and there is better ways of doing it without AI and I think the dev team is on the right track with the latest update and will continue to improve, this post may be irelevant now :/ :)

HORRIBLE....but thanks for trying

HORRIBLE....but thanks for trying

lol love your frankness :P

Add a 7 second logout timer, logout in a safe place or die

Add server glue, must wait 5 mins to join a different server, must wait 15 mins to rejoin the one you just left

Only add server glue once game is guaranteed stable.

The opposite seems more logical to me