Perfectdark (DayZ)

yo fix loot!

Pointless thread is pointless.

Whats your issue? Unless you actually put forth something to discuss the mods will just lock and yard this thread.

Edit: not all servers wipe your character. Only some.

Edited by dancros

It's not even broken. I have found lots of loot on a full server without a restart and I don't do server hopping.

Don't blame the game, blame yourself.

• Like 1

They Are both correct here, so i'd advise you just go look harder for some loot.  ;)

It's not even broken. I have found lots of loot on a full server without a restart and I don't do server hopping.

Pointless thread is pointless.

Whats your issue? Unless you actually put forth something to discuss the mods will just lock and yard this thread.

Edit: not all servers wipe your character. Only some.

How about this. I spawned on the coast by Skalisty Island. Hit three houses empty except for a motorbike helmet. Figure I'll try Tulga as its inland a bit. Walk there as apparently my character is too dumb to run and hold a flashlight at the same time.

Get to Tulga and find two cans of food, and not a damn thing else in the entire village. Just found a can of soda which I dont need as I filled up with water at the well.

That only took FIFTY FIVE drinks!!!

55 drinks to be full.

Now Im passed out and I have not seen a single zombie.

I like survival but this is not gameplay. This is like that game the guy made up where you click on a cow and nothing happens.

How about this. I spawned on the coast by Skalisty Island. Hit three houses empty except for a motorbike helmet. Figure I'll try Tulga as its inland a bit. Walk there as apparently my character is too dumb to run and hold a flashlight at the same time.

Get to Tulga and find two cans of food, and not a damn thing else in the entire village. Just found a can of soda which I dont need as I filled up with water at the well.

That only took FIFTY FIVE drinks!!!

55 drinks to be full.

Now Im passed out and I have not seen a single zombie.

I like survival but this is not gameplay. This is like that game the guy made up where you click on a cow and nothing happens.

55 drinks and he wonders why he passed out lol.

• Like 2

55 drinks and he wonders why he passed out lol.

Maybe he drowned.

Just because you had a good run on a recently restarted server does not mean it is not a work in progress. Calling something broken in Alpha is pointless because a good deal of content is currently broken, but the current system is not ideal. Zombies only spawn once and loot only spawns once which means some players will find a great deal of good loot while others coming after that player will find next to nothing. It is a work in progress and pretending as though it is not "broken" is naive. It still needs work and I think it should be a priority, but since it is Alpha it is to be expected. 

I could care less if you have had ten lucky runs, they are still luck of the draw which for many players will be frustrating. 

Just because you had a good run on a recently restarted server does not mean it is not a work in progress. Calling something broken in Alpha is pointless because a good deal of content is currently broken, but the current system is not ideal. Zombies only spawn once and loot only spawns once which means some players will find a great deal of good loot while others coming after that player will find next to nothing. It is a work in progress and pretending as though it is not "broken" is naive. It still needs work and I think it should be a priority, but since it is Alpha it is to be expected. 

I could care less if you have had ten lucky runs, they are still luck of the draw which for many players will be frustrating. 

I'm expexing alot of changes simply because it's alpha :> so not going to complain as every comment made is to improve the game :) but it is indeed very frustrating with loot at the moment.

Thomas_Henry, on 20 Dec 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

They Are both correct here, so i'd advise you just go look harder for some loot.   ;) 

Um i must be doing something majorly wrong..

Today, i went to Chernogorsk,  i went to the shop as i'd not long spawned and instantly my character was saying "you need a drink" the bar was yellow.after running around Chernogorsk for about 15 minutes the bar is red saying "you really need a drink" I'm here screaming at my monitor saying "i've been in about 15 houses... and not found a damm drink so unless you're going to let me drink my piss shut up!"

anyway, i decided to say "fuck this, a big ass town like this and it has 4 cans of food and a bag but no damm water, if i stay in this town much longer i'm going to die before i even see a zombie or a bottle of water" i found a pond outside of the town and drank from it (why do i need to click F like 20 times to not be thirsty anymore?)

Anyway i decided to go back into a town, and there was a dude half in the ground, and half out of ground, coming for me with an axe (making zombie noises) so i just ran, he hurt me and i was bleeding, healed myself from the wound. anyway, i went to the only place i know that has blood, the hospitle, i went into the hospital around 5 times, and the flats next to it about 4 times, my total loot consisted of 2 rotten kiwis, 1 rotten orange (at 0%) and 1 bag of saline (spelling?)

​I do understand this is a survival game but if food and drink is that rare that you can just die by having no luck on loot, then the loot is in fact broken, don't get me wrong i've gotten lucky before and found like 1 can of soda and a few cans of beans, but it was very hit and miss, i either got loot or i got none at all, at no point should i need to run for 1 hour and 55 minutes to find only 1 can of soda out of a grand total of 40 houses (rage quit once i hit 40)

​It's alpha so feed back is welcome from the devs, Maybe loot isn't broken but there needs to be more constancy for the basics, else the game is a ticking bomb of "well i get lucky and find that 1 item. or will i die before hand" in a simulation game which will gain more players and zombies... you should never have "luck" decide your fate. effort and kill should prevail, Not dumb luck.
Edited by kinkaito

Not finding stuff in the most often visited town in the game...kinda to be expected eh?

Anyhting that´s bit further away, has stuff, far too much stuff.

Tulga is visited more than elektro?

Tulga is visited more than Cherno?

Tulga is visited more than Stary?

Tulga is visited more than Balota?

I could go on but your assertion is absurd on its face. There are a dozen or more towns that get more visitors. ESPECIALLY seeing as how in the mod there's basically no reason to go there. I assumed that there would be some loot there and I was initially hopeful as EVERY SINGLE door was closed. Those must have been some spectacularly well mannered fucking looters to take the time to close every door on their way out of town.

And water makes you pass out now? So, we spawn in dying of thirst and starvation but if we drink enough water till we are full we pass out? That's simply ridiculous. This game is starting to make no sense and I have been one of its biggest defenders. So how do you know if you have drunk enough if the first time you get a message that you are full it is already too late?

Not finding stuff in the most often visited town in the game...kinda to be expected eh?

Anyhting that´s bit further away, has stuff, far too much stuff.

most visited town? me and my friend was there for 1 hour and 55 minutes real time, we came across 1 player, to come across such little loot is very silly popular place or not, you need to get items to go inland, evermore so when you spawn with your water bar screaming at you for a drink, only a stupid survivalist would go deep inland with absolutely no supply's.

Basic rules of survival

1) get water

2) Cloths

3) plan

4) Weapon/tools (Protection)

5) food

one simply doesn't run inland with nothing.

Octarine and myself are in two different towns, two different types of areas of the map, spending different types of time in the areas and both have equal results. proving loot is to inconstant and needs to be changed :>

edit: Yes i know it's an alpha and it probably is/will be changed, still pointing it out to make a better experience is always a good idea, people simply saying "i got loads of loot" from a few lucky runs, doesn't show the whole picture, it only opens up the whole idea of "its to random and based on pure luck if you even get anything before you die (ofc you shouldn't get loot in every building that would be to easy)

Edited by kinkaito

one simply doesn't run inland with nothing.

I do it all the time in DayZ Mod, and I've done it now in Standalone. Familiar enough with the map to know where I can go to get stuff without having to mess with coastal towns, or worry about starving to death or dying of thirst while en route. Worst case scenario is I get shot by someone on my journey, but I can get shot trying to loot Elektro, too.

Edited by HammeredBarnacle

I ran from Kamyshovo to Berezino without food/water bottles because I knew it would be empty lol....

Try harder.

There are a multitude of topics regarding loot and the other problem you mentioned. I do not doubt that it is already on the bug tracker. Please do not make topics regarding issues that other topics already discuss.