Sign in to follow this  
Snecard

Barracks in Balota

Please consider removing barracks in Balota. I got killed four times in Balota airstrip today and not just on one server. Standalone was meant to have more survival aspects than the mod had, but people can get an M4 right next to where they spawn? Kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think? 

• Like 4

Why would the devs remove the barracks because you got killed at them?  Quick tip, when going to dangerous areas, you have to extremely careful and cautious.

• Like 5

Why would the devs remove the barracks because you got killed at them?  Quick tip, when going to dangerous areas, you have to extremely careful and cautious.

It's not just me, a lot of people get killed there. It's on the coast, right next to a spawn point! What about all the people who play this game for the first time? Plus it encourages other players to kill on sight, even unarmed players. And the fact that you can get an M4, the biggest backpack and lots of other good gear right after you spawn is ridiculous. 

It's not just me, a lot of people get killed there. It's on the coast, right next to a spawn point! What about all the people who play this game for the first time? Plus it encourages other players to kill on sight, even unarmed players. And the fact that you can get an M4, the biggest backpack and lots of other good gear right after you spawn is ridiculous. 

If you want to avoid getting killed there, avoid it.

If you want to avoid getting killed there, avoid it.

Can you even read, boy?

also folks remember people are running to balota, server hopping for 10 mins and becoming fully kitted out.

if you want to survive, stay clear of those hot spots.

and play survival game up north west or something.

this is temporary until they fix the loot spawns...or lack thereof .

I recommend to delet all military base and make somthing like helictoper crash to find weapon (maby random soldier zombie with very low chance to spawn , in melee fight  you can destroy his items )

Having the barracks there is fine but I think they should do some fine tuning/tweaking to just those specific barracks.

Can you even read, boy?

Yes, I can.  There is no one forcing you to go to Balota.  It is your choice whether or not you want to take the risk to hang around there and try to loot.

Having the barracks there is fine but I think they should do some fine tuning/tweaking to just those specific barracks.

Yeah I don't mind the barracks, just the loot that's in them. Maybe adjust the loot table to those barracks to spawn some ammo and very rarely a pistol - that would be a lot better.

So let me get this straight.....Because you die in a certain place you want it removed? Nobody made you go to Balota so get over it. 

• Like 2

Yes, I can.  There is no one forcing you to go to Balota.  It is your choice whether or not you want to take the risk to hang around there and try to loot.

You obviously still don't understand what I meant - maybe cut that fringe, it'll help you see better. 

A lot of new people who haven't played the mod, will be playing Standalone. They will spawn on Balota and they will see an airstrip - the first thought that will come to their mind is to go and check it out. And they will end up with a bad first impression because of some guy who camped Balota and got an M4 from one of the barracks. This is not survival, this is almost like Overwatch. 

No panic, they will learn.

A lot of new people who haven't played the mod, will be playing Standalone. They will spawn on Balota and they will see an airstrip - the first thought that will come to their mind is to go and check it out. And they will end up with a bad first impression because of some guy who camped Balota and got an M4 from one of the barracks.

No panic. They will learn quick.

Edited by NoCheats

Yeah, I feel for your deaths, but if you like it don't go there, I for one find it useful. If I am a fresh spawn and spawn near there, I always take the risk of trying to find a useful weapon at the base.

Notice how I said "I take the risk" because, I know, I have a high chance of bumping into another player, especially people looking to camp the area, but it doesn't stop me trying.

Maybe, you could try petitioning Rocket, to change all the bullets to rubber ones.

You obviously still don't understand what I meant - maybe cut that fringe, it'll help you see better. 

A lot of new people who haven't played the mod, will be playing Standalone. They will spawn on Balota and they will see an airstrip - the first thought that will come to their mind is to go and check it out. And they will end up with a bad first impression because of some guy who camped Balota and got an M4 from one of the barracks. This is not survival, this is almost like Overwatch. 

Ok well this is the alpha and they will learn. Buy the time this game comes out they will know better. Some places need high end loot period. Get over it

However they will learn from that experience at Balota.  Real life wouldn't be much safer either if people were thrown into the same situation.  New players are going to need to learn quickly that you have to be very careful around other players.

Well the way loot spawns now its fairly unlikely new spawns will find anything at bolata barracks unless the server has just restarted.

Yep, they will get a good ol welcome to dayz, have a good day and learn quick to be careful and always watch your back.

also folks remember people are running to balota, server hopping for 10 mins and becoming fully kitted out.

Doesn't really work that way unless you happen to get there shortly after a restart. I've been to these barracks a dozen times and never found more than a pair of pants. It's all about timing right now.

lol people are so terrible at survial games.. or even any type of game were there is a gun in valved,  The minuet they cant PvE all day and not risk losing their cookies they jump on the forums and cry about KoS or this gun or that gun.. The fact is your just terrible and no one cares...

I agree that the barracks at the coast is pretty OP.

I have found an M4 in all of the 3 barracks before. For me, it's usually guaranteed that I will get an M4 everytime.

lol people are so terrible at survial games.. or even any type of game were there is a gun in valved,  The minuet they cant PvE all day and not risk losing their cookies they jump on the forums and cry about KoS or this gun or that gun.. The fact is your just terrible and no one cares...

AHHHH   it's PL......Run!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

AHHHH   it's PL......Run!!!!!!! 

lol :) We just dont play eVe :) thought we come here and take space :) 

Edited by +PL+ Faded