Max Planck

Oh, Heartthrob

I have a question about the new heartbeat mechanic. Can anyone explain what it sounds like and how close I have to be to hear it?

I had an incident yesterday where I thought I heard a players heartbeat, but it might have been his backpack or some sort of hobnailed boots... Sorry guy.

I was in the forest near NWAF, just minding my own business, when all of a sudden this guy comes darting through the woods making the weirdest sound. He went "Tink-tink-tink-tink-tink!", with some other noises mixed in as well. It didn't at all sound like the noise my own backpack makes, It was really loud and since he was in ghillie I would not have seen him if it hadn't been for the racket he made. Anyway, I thought it was a heartbeat, made a split second decision and shot him. Now I'm a murderer. Not how I planned.

So, any experiences with the heartbeat thing?

MURDERER!!!!

OT: Idk, I would like to know some more details as well.

Heartbeat could be potential for a new bandit detection system. I only heard it once but for 3 seconds cause the guy shot me. Other than that, no encounter.

You only hear it when they are really close, like under 10 feet. And from what i found last night , you can hear it if they are under you in a building as well. It sounds like a heartbeat, there is no other noise in the game that sounds like it. A guy i am travelling with killed a dude at Balota, we are all weaponed and medikitted up and taking no chances, he popped him and his mate.

Now whenever i am within that 10 feet radius (roughly) and looking at him i hear his heartbeat. He has two murders logged. I have none and he hears nothing on me.You are basically face to face before it kicks in

You only hear it when they are really close' date=' like under 10 feet. And from what i found last night , you can hear it if they are under you in a building as well. It sounds like a heartbeat, there is no other noise in the game that sounds like it. A guy i am travelling with killed a dude at Balota, we are all weaponed and medikitted up and taking no chances, he popped him and his mate.

Now whenever i am within that 10 feet radius (roughly) and looking at him i hear his heartbeat. He has two murders logged. I have none and he hears nothing on me.You are basically face to face before it kicks in

[/quote']

Thank you. I wonder if that means I have a heartbeat now.

I know it means that when you crouch run, you sound like a freight train stuffed with drunk singing people hammering on tin cans. I'm going to start walking more often.