Zacharybinx34

Dayz - The engine of disconnected unresponsive controls

Isnt that occlusion what they are attempting to do with the network bubble thing? And yeah I was thinkin GTA4 ;)

Yes which is why SA runs better than the mod (but still bad in terms of games in general)

A2mod wasn't built to spawn and sync items all over a map like that

Edited by Frell

Yes which is why SA runs better than the mod (but still bad in terms of games in general)

A2mod wasn't built to spawn and sync items all over a map like that

It really does not run better than the mod. I have GTX 670 and i7 3770k and on lowest il get around 80 in the woods, in the city around 25-30.

Frostbite could never render that many trees/housings.

You see, in Battlefield only few trees are 3D.

The ones outside the map are just 2D, basically plain textures.

I don't see it rendering trees for 2 km ranges or things  like that.

Don't talk from your ass just because you know a few game engine names.

Yes it would. Its all about LOD and how many polygons each individual tree has. And look at all the other details you see in BF4 that are not trees, cars, buildings, players, explosions and other effects which would easily match up to DayZ, except it looks ALOT better. That said, there is alot of other things such as generating stuff in DayZ, and lets not forget that the server has alot to say.

The weighty movement is one of the main things I like about Arma 2. I can't stand the snappy movement of most mainstream shooters.

• Like 1

The weighty movement is one of the main things I like about Arma 2. I can't stand the snappy movement of most mainstream shooters.

You are a strange and silly little man then. 

I agree with that, personally I'm okay about Standalone movement/camera. Perhaps because I've played the mod for quite some time and got used to that. That being said, I dislike mainstream shooters and I hope they're not going to change controls just for complaining people, so they can do their 360noscope kills.

Ofcourse it could be better optimised, and I wish that happens some time in upcoming year. But ~25 fps isn't game breaker for me.

Oh, and stopping just to switch gun might also be a bit frustrating, but as long as every player experiences that I'm okay with it.

Also, no 3rd person camera servers would be nice.

Weighty != clunky

Weighty is red orchestra, which has COMPLETELY SMOOTH camera movement also.

No one is asking for it to made into a twitch shooter, they just want a smooth camera

i wonder why my thread,

stand alone dayz vs arma 3 breaking point was removed?

stand alone is yesteryears engine thats why

i wonder why my thread,

stand alone dayz vs arma 3 breaking point was removed?

stand alone is yesteryears engine thats why

It was moved to Off-Topic.  Because it was pointless.

Now the thing you do not seem to understand is that the game does not look that good (i think it does) because it has such a big world. Unreal engine looks nice, but it simply can not handle the scale that the arma engine can. 

When it comes to the controls though, i completely agree, but it it probably a hard thing to do given all scale and such...

Now the thing you do not seem to understand is that the game does not look that good (i think it does) because it has such a big world. Unreal engine looks nice, but it simply can not handle the scale that the arma engine can. 

When it comes to the controls though, i completely agree, but it it probably a hard thing to do given all scale and such...

Nether runs on Unreal engine and looks quite good atm. If they can really open up all the grey areas of the map I'll be really impressed.

They made Arma 2.5 engine, If they build this game from 0 it will take too much time, don't forgot it's not a big company with 100 developers, yea I know bohemia help them for a bit but still it's like a indie game, it's based on a mod

Scale makes no difference if you know how to properly manage memory and resources