Sign in to follow this  
ZedsDeadBaby

No "Suggestions" forum for SA; are we supposed to post these on the bug tracking site?

Question for the DayZ team: Do you intend suggestions for improvements and changes to also go into the bug tracking site

Right now, the intent seems unclear. The site is called "feedback.dayzgame" implying the intent is to receive all kinds of feedback through the system, but much of the language and functionality implies you're only looking for bugs (e.g., fields like "Reproducibility," OS information and the link labeled "Report Issue").

If the intent is to receive feedback through the site as well, perhaps another link and a slightly modified form would help. Something like "Give Feedback" or "Provide Suggestion" and then a form which just provides for title, text body and category selection.

Please no. :(

Keep the feedback tracker for bugs if possible - there will be a Suggestions forum added shortly.

Says who? Serious question.

I asked Matt Lightfoot (DayZ Staff) to add one and he said he would add it when he has some free time.

As you can imagine the staff have a LOT of important work to do at the moment so they can't just drop what they are doing to attend to a minor forum issue.

I asked Matt Lightfoot (DayZ Staff) to add one and he said he would add it when he has some free time.

As you can imagine the staff have a LOT of important work to do at the moment so they can't just drop what they are doing to attend to a minor forum issue.

Never said they have to, but thanks for the answer.

Edited by xMarshall

Never said they have to, but thanks for the answer.

Oh, I know - I was just trying to explain why it isn't being done quite at this moment - didn't want anyone to be waiting for it to open or something :D

Well, if I were going to imagine things, I would imagine a scenario in which administration of the forum is not left up to someone who would be better left spending their time writing code.  ;) 

Hello there

The forum will be getting some love in the near future.

You could always make a suggestion thread and see if folk follow it.

Rgds

LoK

Well, if I were going to imagine things, I would imagine a scenario in which administration of the forum is not left up to someone who would be better left spending their time writing code.  ;) 

Haha - I see where you are coming from - I was just talking about this.

There are multiple administrators but people are in different timezones, sleeping or at work etc.

There are plenty of moderators on though, everything will be kept under control! (hopefully).