Sign in to follow this  
kragz

Why are people complaining about KOS like it's a feature issue?

KoS all you want. However I suppose quite many people are expecting more teamplay and friendly encounters in a zombie apocalypse setup.

But yea players are alot bigger threat than zombies atm.

Play with friends.

I really think that KOS is the easiest way to play right now, to eliminate a potential threat before it becomes an actual one, and that is worlds away from how DayZ should feel. There are plenty of reasons for this and at the end of the day it's up to the player to try the harder path and make contact first. KOS gets no respect from me at all,but confronting a player first and then deciding if that option is the right one gets it all.

In many ways it's so much more satisfying sparing a players life if possible rather than killing them.

Saw a guy in some city, he didnt spot me, started eating, rushed him from behind and split hes skull with a fire axe, while he was begging for hes life.

Had an m4 with 2 mags, 2 medkits and a ton of things.

Tears harvested, no regrets.

thats just a good example of mindless killing, wich is the reason why the moral of most players has gone out of the window.

then again, id never sit down and eat out in the open. always in a safe place with only one way in, while watching the door and turning the volume up so i can hear footsteps.

im just too paranoid to stand somehwere, like there wasnt any bloodthirsty maniacs playing this game.

Edited by miniboss

Saw a guy in some city, he didnt spot me, started eating, rushed him from behind and split hes skull with a fire axe, while he was begging for hes life.

Had an m4 with 2 mags, 2 medkits and a ton of things.

Tears harvested, no regrets.

I translated this as, "I didn't get enough love and attention as a child so now I feel the need to try and make others sad to fill the empty hole inside myself where self worth and respect should be." I read that everytime I see "Delicious Tears" and "Tears Harvested" or something similar. :)

I translated this as, "I didn't get enough love and attention as a child so now I feel the need to try and make others sad to fill the empty hole inside myself where self worth and respect should be." I read that everytime I see "Delicious Tears" and "Tears Harvested" or something similar. :)

Along those lines a DayZ PvP'er reads the "Im a friend, your a friend, were all friends who can share our food and water and meds!!" approach as "I don't get enough social interaction in the sun filled sky of the real world so lets huff and puff and shout friendly until our lungs give out". We read that everytime we hear someone cry about KoS.

• Like 1

And you surely deliver more of those tears :), quite the ironic avatar.

And fyi, people like you make KoS for the people who do it even more fun, so you are if anything making the case worse.

And you surely deliver more of those tears :), quite the ironic avatar.

And fyi, people like you make KoS for the people who do it even more fun, so you are if anything making the case worse.

If you look closely you will notice the iris has teeth. ;)

Along those lines a DayZ PvP'er reads the "Im a friend, your a friend, were all friends who can share our food and water and meds!!" approach as "I don't get enough social interaction in the sun filled sky of the real world so lets huff and puff and shout friendly until our lungs give out". We read that everytime we hear someone cry about KoS.

It's "I'm a friend, you're a friend, and we're all friends..." Contractions - taught in 4th grade. Maybe sooner. ;)

Again... I don't thing we all should get along. I think shooting someone who is 800 meters from you headed the other way with no gear is a bit stupid in that it does you no good and puts you at risk. BTW, that is KOS. I am not against killing each other, I am against E-Peen, "Did you see me shoot that guy who was never any threat to me for no other reason than to tell you I killed someone?" and to "Reap Tears". Although they would probably spell it "reep teers".

Edited by Mercules

KoS is a part of call-of-duty-deathmacth gameplay and is brought to DayZ by cod-kiddies. Extreme survival situation is not about running around gunning everyone. Not trying to offend but that's true.

I remeber Rocket said one time that he want to make 2 hives , one regular hive and one hardcore hive , I don't think the kids will go to the hardcore hive so It should be safe there from kids , lets hope

Why should you be able to dictate how others play? In a game that specifically allows such a degree of freedom.

Why should you be able to dictate how others play? In a game that specifically allows such a degree of freedom.

I know right, but I end up having to kill people I would otherwise ignore because some other asshat killed them on the beach as they spawned in for no reason so now they are not inclined to even listen to reason. It's beginning to dictate my playstyle. ;)

Right... so it's some other person's fault that you had to kill someone else on a beach... can we just blame Rocket for creating the game that led you to having to kill that someone on that beach to?

• Like 1

Right... so it's some other person's fault that you had to kill someone else on a beach... can we just blame Rocket for creating the game that led you to having to kill that someone on that beach to?

Well if you have been around long enough you would understand the point he is making. I started out fairly friendly and then learned not to trust people. Some of us are still capable of being friendly in the right situation, but if someone is in close proximity and you have been killed in similar circumstances more than 50% of the time only a fool would not learn a lesson and change how they play. Some people are friendly to the end and might give the person a chance, but most of us will just shoot the person due to past experiences. 

Here is a good example that I was a part of last night. As I said I tend to be friendly but my buddies are not. I saw a guy running around Staroye and he had a gun and me and the buddy had axes. He wanted to trade for some water but neither of us had any but there was a pond. We told him he could drink from it and we showed him where to get the option and when he went to drink we axed him to death. My bet is next time he comes across two people with melee weapons he will be much more cautious if not outright hostile. That is the progression of a DayZ player in a nutshell, starts off with guarded optimism and is beaten down to the point that they are either hostile or standoffish. Sure there are plenty of people like my buddies who will just kill for the laugh (and I admit I will join in on the maniacal laughter as we slaughter a guy shooting wildly), but most of the time you were killed by someone who probably started out somewhat friendly only to realize that being friendly often ends in death. 

• Like 1

KOS should stay in!

I generally dont kos but will always stalk a player for a good while before deciding to kill them or let them live!

Gives me a much better advantage as I can choose my shot wisely and way up the danger before acting.

It also has added bonuses, if they come across another player and kos each other I can pop a round off and get 2 inventories for the price of one!

Technically I dont kos as I dont randomly kill people, I plan and wait, but punishing it would ruin my lone wolf only out for number 1 play style.

Well if you have been around long enough you would understand the point he is making. I started out fairly friendly and then learned not to trust people. Some of us are still capable of being friendly in the right situation, but if someone is in close proximity and you have been killed in similar circumstances more than 50% of the time only a fool would not learn a lesson and change how they play. Some people are friendly to the end and might give the person a chance, but most of us will just shoot the person due to past experiences. 

Here is a good example that I was a part of last night. As I said I tend to be friendly but my buddies are not. I saw a guy running around Staroye and he had a gun and me and the buddy had axes. He wanted to trade for some water but neither of us had any but there was a pond. We told him he could drink from it and we showed him where to get the option and when he went to drink we axed him to death. My bet is next time he comes across two people with melee weapons he will be much more cautious if not outright hostile. That is the progression of a DayZ player in a nutshell, starts off with guarded optimism and is beaten down to the point that they are either hostile or standoffish. Sure there are plenty of people like my buddies who will just kill for the laugh (and I admit I will join in on the maniacal laughter as we slaughter a guy shooting wildly), but most of the time you were killed by someone who probably started out somewhat friendly only to realize that being friendly often ends in death. 

Very true, although I never started out friendly my self, I dont trust anyone besides my buddies, and when I dont trust someone I pop him.

Besides, the more people KoS"ing the better, more challenge, although it will never get boring to kill someone who is trying to be friendly.

Example: You have quite some gear that you shed some blood and worked for, you meet a simmiliary geared player and attempt to be friendly, because 2 is better then 1 right, 2 good geared players can do much more then a lone wolf. Run with him for abit, get to an open field, he tells you he has to drink so you stop and wait, and get a bullet in your head by hes buddy hiding in the woods. 

KoS is only logical, nothing else.

I try and watch my back and only return fire..but if I am fully geared and have an awesome gun with lots off ammo.. seems kinda dumb to let that go to waste.. BAMBI HUNTING!!

KOS should stay in!

I generally dont kos but will always stalk a player for a good while before deciding to kill them or let them live!

Gives me a much better advantage as I can choose my shot wisely and way up the danger before acting.

It also has added bonuses, if they come across another player and kos each other I can pop a round off and get 2 inventories for the price of one!

Technically I dont kos as I dont randomly kill people, I plan and wait, but punishing it would ruin my lone wolf only out for number 1 play style.

what ur doing is PVP and not KoS, no one has issue with what ur doing..

its the overwhelming amount of people that simply see ANY player and immediately shoot, or CHARGEEEEEE axe a flailing..

• Like 1

I find it funny how people say "You have to kill people for their stuff" No, Theres this one grand fucking thing that civil people do

Wait for it....

*Drum roll*

...............TRADE!

Besides, the more people KoS"ing the better, more challenge, although it will never get boring to kill someone who is trying to be friendly.

It actually doesn't become a challenge. I've been playing games that boil down to "Kill the other players." since the early 90's. Deathmatch games where you shoot everyone on sight. There is no longer any challenge related to that game play style for some of us. The challenge comes from other interactions which are not possible when most of the player base treats it like Quake.

• Like 1

what ur doing is PVP and not KoS, no one has issue with what ur doing..

its the overwhelming amount of people that simply see ANY player and immediately shoot, or CHARGEEEEEE axe a flailing..

See.. I disagree with Siberian on a lot of things, but he gets it. Killing is not Killing On Sight. 

Killing for items is not worth it anymore, almost all the items get damaged in the process. KOS is normally for your own safety and survival because they might do the same to you. Why would you risk 3 days off gathering items on a barley past bambi with a axe or pistol? KOS will be part of the game no matter the consequences. They can't be to severe because how can the game tell if you were just returning fire to a person with bad aim? 

It actually doesn't become a challenge. I've been playing games that boil down to "Kill the other players." since the early 90's. Deathmatch games where you shoot everyone on sight. There is no longer any challenge related to that game play style for some of us. The challenge comes from other interactions which are not possible when most of the player base treats it like Quake.

Although I might agree with you to some degree, there should never be any kind of "protection" against KoS.

You already have the problem where killing somebody might ruin all the things he had, hence making the kill pretty useless, and thats just as far as it should go.

The day something more then that is added to counter KoS, is the day I pack my shit and leave, and I believe I speak for alot of players.

People need to have the freedom to make their own choices.

• Like 1

See.. I disagree with Siberian on a lot of things, but he gets it. Killing is not Killing On Sight. 

That's fine, but who cares? Why is it so important to you to establish the difference? Players are free to do both, as they should be.

There is no longer any challenge related to that game play style for some of us.

What a crock. You might not like the challenge, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Unless you're telling me you win every fight you've ever been involved in in DayZ, a claim upon which I would levy a heavy dose of bullshit-calling.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby