Sign in to follow this  
ScrotieFlapWack

DayZ Standalone Problem

I don't know whether this is due to the DayZ standalone still being in early stages of development but I have a problem. 

When I play the game it is very laggy (not internet connection laggy) framerate laggy. My system specs are actually very good so as I say, is this due to standalone DayZ still being in early stages?

Also is anyone else experiencing this problem? The game just feels very sluggish and doesn't run very smooth.

System Specs: 

AMD FX-8350 Eight Core CPU (4.00GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16000MHz RAM

Nvdia GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Edited by ScrotieFlapWack
  • Like 1

Thanks for the links man! Just a quick bit of advice, would you say personally my system spec is more than enough to run the game smoothly?

Thanks for the links man! Just a quick bit of advice, would you say personally my system spec is more than enough to run the game smoothly?

Barely matters. I have a good system and sometimes struggle. You will be able to run it - however don't expect constant >50 FPS.

Hi Scrotie, welcome to the forums.  Yes, dayz is very demanding on computer systems.  I don't think any of us could say what is and isn't needed or what is suitable - I guess even the best computer in the world would struggle at some time or other.  We discourage folk from posting their specs and asking if it suitable, as we end up with so many threads like that.  Generally, check out the pinned threads at the top of forums to see if answers are already there.

Good luck and have fun!  :thumbsup: