ZeroFraks

PvP... and not much else.

So, I finally got on a server today... it was AWESOME... except for one thing.. mindless PvP.

I played 5 times, 5 times I was shot.  Twice within a house, 3 times in open... none of those times did anyone try to talk.  Just mindless CoD PvP.

It's a shame, I had so much wanted this to be more of a community game, rather than an all out shooter.

I don't mind a little PvP, I'm not against it.  But twice I was a fresh spawn... did they really need my tshirt for rags that much?

... or am I the only one who thinks the PvP is out of control so far?

• Like 1

I've never had that problem, but I like to play in low pop servers. Also I never hang around the coast where the majority of players are.

Edit: Oh and before I log off to go to bed, I have to say that I don't understand why you thought this would be a community game in which strangers help other strangers. This is a survival game with PvP always turned on and the ability to loot other players. If you ever watch zombie survival shows like The Walking Dead, you'll see that humans can be just as dangerous, if not more-so than zombies as long as they have something to gain from killing you. You know, like all of your food and equipment.

Edited by Tara505
  • Like 2

It is out of control, it was expected.

As it stands, it's only the base game that currently exists, there is literally nothing else to do.

It will quieten down a lot when more features are added and there is actually something to do.

Even though I don't like reckless freshspawnkilling I believe killing other people has a place in the game and if you want to survive try staying out the areas people will be in, such as the coastal towns.

Feel free to use one of the existing topics about the KoS-mentality:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154460-so-kos/

I've met about 20 people and only 1 has tried to engage me so far. I guess I'm having better luck than a lot of people!

I think the RDM style PvP will decrease massively once something is done about low-pop farming and server hopping and weapons and ammo are as rare as was intended.

• Like 1

I havn't been shot at and any player I have seen runs in the other direction immediately.   They fear my mighty hatchet 

I've met about 20 people and only 1 has tried to engage me so far. I guess I'm having better luck than a lot of people!

I think the RDM style PvP will decrease massively once something is done about low-pop farming and server hopping and weapons and ammo are as rare as was intended.

Also maybe getting rid of the blood packs or w/e they're called? If you have friends and are stocked up on those blood packs and w/e that other item was that you need, who cares if you fall unconscious? Just gotta have a friend there for you, or use that reddit thing in which you can request for help if you're passed out. 

I wish dying meant restarting, period. That way people will be much more careful about not dying, which should be what a survival game is all about! (Also, I hate how players in groups have that major advantage over us solo players as I've already mentioned like twice now lol.)

Edited by Tara505

It is out of control, it was expected.

As it stands, it's only the base game that currently exists, there is literally nothing else to do.

It will quieten down a lot when more features are added and there is actually something to do.

Then again, people will get tired of surviving and fixing vehicles and stuff and will also end up KOSing. Same story with the mod. Not much to do, lets KOS. Veteran player, already explored the map and geared up, lets KOS. It'll always be like that people.

Edited by h3l1x

Then again, people will get tired of surviving and fixing vehicles and stuff and will also end up KOSing. Same story with the mod. Not much to do, lets KOS. Veteran player, already explored the map and geared up, lets KOS. It'll always be like that people.

That's true, KoS is part of the game, like it or not.

With other things to do and various mechanics making it a bad idea just to KoS everyone you see should tone it down a bit, hopefully - it will never go away though (and that's a good thing).

if it makes you feel better, if you don't have a gun I don't shoot on sight, me and my friends got some dude to get on the ground with his hands up, handcuffed him stole anything decent he had on him then sent him on his way and told him to leave town

My comrades and I were just talking about the opposite, actually. We were noticing how everyone seems MUCH friendlier as they get a feel for all the new mechanics and gear. I've had well over a dozen player interactions now (I play in high population severs typically, although that's changed since I realized loot only spawn upon server reset), and only a few of those have resulted in conflict or hostility. Actually...

The first hostile act was from a random fresh spawn. I had made fwiends with another fresh spawn (like myself) somewhere west of Balota. We were just talking in the dark when suddenly the hostile revealed himself and beat my new fwiend to death! I had to run around the fence that separated us and take vengeance with my fistycuffs.

The second was a guy that shot me to death with a pistol because I was running around him in circles too much (lulz). 

The third was pretty awesome actually. I was heading for the fire station in Cherno when I took a sniper bullet to the gut. I booked it to cover and bandaged myself up with some rags, then bobbed and weaved around the area the shot came from. He took a few more pop shots at me but missed every time. I eventually lost him and continued looting in peace.

... and that's it. Weird.

As said a million times - the only way you will get rid of KOS is factions- Me personally it doesnt bother me, mod / game full of guns not a surprise ppl will use them.

Since I stay away from the new seal clubbing ground at Balota AF I haven't actually seen a hostile player in a long time.

I have been playing for sometime now and only 1/3 of the people i have meet tried killing me or got me so no im not seeing this issue.

Again there will always be these kind of players i would even say that i sometimes  shot a fresh player just becouse i feelt like it. :D

woulden't we all?

I have been playing for sometime now and only 1/3 of the people i have meet tried killing me or got me so no im not seeing this issue.

Again there will always be these kind of players i would even say that i sometimes  shot a fresh player just becouse i feelt like it. :D

woulden't we all?

I've actually never shot a fresh player. In fact, if I hear of someone doing so or witness evidence of such a thing, I try to hunt down the culprit and put him in his place ;) Nothing better than tracking down killers of unarmed players in areas like Cherno and Elektro!

• Like 1

If you're being killed, it's because you made the mistake of letting yourself get spotted.

Honestly, whilst I don't disagree that there's a bit too much KoS going on (and has been for some time, although obviously in SA there's a reason for it right now), it always amazes me when players hang round in high-population areas known to be packed with newer players and a lot of gunfire, make no attempt to stay hidden or avoid contact, and then wonder why they were shot.

• Like 1

I have been shot/ hacked all but one time. Mr Hall, I hope that you can implement an explosive that is triggered upon my death an the player who picks up my backpack is eliminated into space. The player has to craft this explosive first but then anyone wearing a backpack, maybe will be second guessed in killing that player.

If i am shot/ hacked the time bomb is initiated upon said player looking at my grounded backpack.

what about a last man standing, i am shot an have a weapon i have 5 seconds to shoot back while on ground and could prevent thise running around killing people?

The third was pretty awesome actually. I was heading for the fire station in Cherno when I took a sniper bullet to the gut. I booked it to cover and bandaged myself up with some rags, then bobbed and weaved around the area the shot came from. He took a few more pop shots at me but missed every time. I eventually lost him and continued looting in peace.

That right there is how I want the game to be! ♥ The excitement of running for your life from other survivors. :D But only on a rare-ish occasion. Guns and bullets are way too easy to find atm for those players who want to be all macho and server hop, so I'm sure there're probably a lot of people playing this game like CoD instead of a survival game. I want to play a game in which people are nervous about wasting bullets or risking their lives by fighting other players, not shooting anything that moves. Yet if they manage to stock up and survive after at least a month (which in the perfect world would be a huge challenge), they'll be well rewarded. That's what I truly want in the future.

Sorry if this is hard to understand... I need to got bed. My brain is mush. >_>

Edited by Tara505

I have been shot/ hacked all but one time. Mr Hall, I hope that you can implement an explosive that is triggered upon my death an the player who picks up my backpack is eliminated into space. The player has to craft this explosive first but then anyone wearing a backpack, maybe will be second guessed in killing that player.

If i am shot/ hacked the time bomb is initiated upon said player looking at my grounded backpack.

what about a last man standing, i am shot an have a weapon i have 5 seconds to shoot back while on ground and could prevent thise running around killing people?

Actually, an improvised deadman switch would be a very interesting addition to the game. Worth thinking about.

Unfortunately the only two players I've interacted with other than people that didn't see/ talk back to me have been two guys at balota trying to pound me to death with shovels.

However, thanks to the new loot rarity (which I love) you are more likely to get an attempted shovelling than a shooting.

Feels much more real and brutal than the mod.

That right there is how I want the game to be! ♥ The excitement of running for your life from other survivors. :D But only on a rare-ish occasion. Guns and bullets are way too easy to find atm for those players who want to be all macho and server hop, so I'm sure there're probably a lot of people playing this game like CoD instead of a survival game. I want to play a game in which people are nervous about wasting bullets or risking their lives by fighting other players, not shooting anything that moves. Yet if they manage to stock up and survive after at least a month (which in the perfect world would be a huge challenge), they'll be well rewarded. That's what I truly want in the future.

Sorry if this is hard to understand... I need to got bed. My brain is mush. >_>

It was actually one of the more fun experiences I've had with my several hours of the SA so far. That's the sort of rush you love having but at the same time hate having in DayZ, lol. It was a great game of cat and mouse. If I had had a weapon, it wouldn't have ended with me simply running to shelter with my tale between my legs though ;)

Edited by Silver Side

There is a reason Last Stand in Call of Duty is one of the most hated perks. This should not happen.

Much less KOS right now.  I agree that so far the Alpha feels like end-game is similar to that of the mod, but much slower in progression.  It takes longer to get to the end game. 

That said, I almost never talked with anyone in the mod, but I've already had several player interactions that ended in just saying goodbye and not killing each other.  I really like this new atmosphere.  I hope it keeps up!

^Thanks buddy. Maybe finding an injection/pill when you feel vulnerable an lasts some time. If shot an severely injutred the switch kicks in for several secons with blurry screen to try an take out that enemy

Since I stay away from the new seal clubbing ground at Balota AF I haven't actually seen a hostile player in a long time.

MY new favorite hang-out spot. SRS