Sign in to follow this  
DaGolem

so far from a DayZ Veteran (Feedback)

My personal Feedback:

As an old ARMA Gamer that startet a few weeks after release of the Mod i can say it works much better then the beginning of the Mod.

At the beginn of DayZ SA i don´t understand why Charakter is like a Tamagotchi "always feed me, give me drink" :D It was not clear to me that the Charakter startet "chipped" and i have to fill up my health. This is a lack on ingame feedback & info´s. ;)

Inventory and Game handling is good but it confused if you play ARMA2/DayZ Mod and ARMA3, it is a little bit of all and something different  :D  But after a while i feel the system, and it is getting better. Compass in 3.person view is mission impossible you have to switch to firstperson...stupid thing!

It looks very, very good a good mix between ARMA2 and ARMA3. I love the sunnshine, but why i get blinded from the sun if i wear sunglasses? :D

The melee weapon system, hmm...on one side it is nice but on the other side it seems not realy work very well because it is not a melee system it is a Shooting system that used as a malee system.Malee weapons are a little bit difficult to target. Is the enemy to far away to hit them? hmm..? Boxing is nice but same problem but this a thing that you have to learn.

Food/Drinking system it is nice to see that it is more differentiated BUT if you do it more complicated then you need more ingame info´s and more ingame feedback of what is going on if you drink this and eat that. In my eyes nice idea´s but to less info´s. Hopefully the future will reduce the lag on info´s and feedback.

Health system is totaly unclear gain a lack of ingame info´s and ingame feedback.

KOS (Kill on Sight) Problem is heavy, and Dean Hall´s dream about "damage inventory" doesen´t work, because people don´t care about the stuff, people care about killing.

1 Solution:

normal player with no player kill = Zeds aggro level 50 %

for each player kill = add 25% more zeds aggro level

higher percent also means bigger radius / higher attraction

Zeds always run to player with higher aggro level

higher percent means also longer Zed following time

example:

If a player (50%) has two Zeds following and a Bandit with 225% passes 400meters away then the Zed leave the 50% player alone and run to Bandit with 225 %

Over all:

It looks like DayZ SA have a very good basis for the future. It makes fun to play, but there is in my eyes a massive lack with ingame Feedbacks and info´s. We will see what the future brings. ;)

The world is to empty and you have not realy things to do and without more things to do it will turn quickly into boredom and the KOS will increase.

There is much more to list and to say but, i think "let the time see what happens" ;)

My personal short-term  wishes:

1.more Zeds with less One-Hit bleeding problems

2.respawn loot with timer (lootet places brings fresh loot after 10-15min)

3.Chemlights

4.Day/Night cycle in 4hour steps or a way better Server admin have choices

Admin: Day/Night cycle [placeholder] hour

Day only  on/off

Night only on/off

5. Bicycle

This was my personal view so don´t be nit-picking :D

Edited by DaGolem
  • Like 3

example:

If a player (50%) has two Zeds following and a Bandit with 225% passes 400meters away then the Zed leave the 50% player alone and run to Bandit with 225 %

I'll have to say I completely disagree with this idea. What happens if you are killing in self defence? And you have managed enough kills to be at 225%?

I really do like the Chemlight idea!!!   Its better than using a spotlight (Flashlight).

KOS (Kill on Sight) Problem is heavy, and Dean Hall´s dream about "damage inventory" doesen´t work, because people don´t care about the stuff, people care about killing.

1 Solution:

example:

If a player (50%) has two Zeds following and a Bandit with 225% passes 400meters away then the Zed leave the 50% player alone and run to Bandit with 225

I'm sorry but bollocks - this is a terrible idea.

You're completely insinuating that banditry and KoS is something that needs a remedy. False. The only thing that needs addressing is how people treat KoS as the initial response to a human interaction.

KoS and Banditry cannot be punished by resulting in a higher aggro range/duration as, even though they suck in my opinion, they're still a core asset to the diverse experience that is DayZ.

I'll have to say I completely disagree with this idea. What happens if you are killing in self defence? And you have managed enough kills to be at 225%?

I understand, but in real life there a consequences.

In a Game there are no consequences, no fear so more people act asocial, because there is nothing to fear.

The consequences System that i suggest is only a raw model  :D 

I'm sorry but bollocks - this is a terrible idea.

You're completely insinuating that banditry and KoS is something that needs a remedy. False. The only thing that needs addressing is how people treat KoS as the initial response to a human interaction.

KoS and Banditry cannot be punished by resulting in a higher aggro range/duration as, even though they suck in my opinion, they're still a core asset to the diverse experience that is DayZ.

how could this not work???? 

This is a good idea.

Zombies smell blood. You just killed someone and checked their body. You have blood on you. So therefore zombies aggro more. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND. huRRR DURRR

I don't know why people complain about KOS. It's a survivor pvp game it should be risky every step you take. There are 60% of players that KOS and others don't.I'm perfectly happy with it.  

I don't know why people complain about KOS. It's a survivor pvp game it should be risky every step you take. There are 60% of players that KOS and others don't.I'm perfectly happy with it.  

First of all it is a Survival game not primary a Survival PVP game or a simply Deathmatch game ;)

I agree that pvp is part of the Game, a essential part, a part that is realy needed ;)

BUT.....there is a massive imbalance between Real and InGame Moral.

In a real apocalypse people don´t run around and kill everthing they see and in the real world the don´t sit and wait to kill fresh respawns. ;) It is impossible :D

This means people acting in this game in a other, in a more asocial way! Because there is nothing to fear, but in the real world there are many, many things to fear specifically if you are a serial killer. ;)  Respawnslaughters that killing in 1 hour more people than a normal survivor, this is massive unfair and it is not what the Charakter of this Game is.

My Suggestion is only a raw model of a lever to prevent people from sensless killing. This means it has to be worked out, designed to work well and not to be unfair. A consequences system is needet, because real life has consequences!

Again, i not against PVP but i am against massive asocial´s acting and respawnslaughters, because this is not real life acting, this is typical asocial ingame acting. ;) ;) ;)

Edited by DaGolem

how could this not work???? 

This is a good idea.

Zombies smell blood. You just killed someone and checked their body. You have blood on you. So therefore zombies aggro more. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND. huRRR DURRR

If you shoot them then loot them you will maybe get a bit of blood on your hands, if they are attracted to blood then why go for a live moving target with a weapon rather than the dead one with blood gushing from him. "hur dur"

Reduce ammo and set up a good damage balancing ... if you don't find that much ammo, you won't kill other "lower equipped" players on sight ;)

Loot should only respawn after server restart! my opinion ^^

If you shoot them then loot them you will maybe get a bit of blood on your hands, if they are attracted to blood then why go for a live moving target with a weapon rather than the dead one with blood gushing from him. "hur dur"

touché

Edited by Chrizzly

I'm a DayZ veteran too. Here is my feedback on the standalone.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Cha-Ching$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

IGN-Game-of-the-Year.jpg

• Like 1

As I've said in other topics as well, you counter PvP by adding incentives for other activities such as base building, farming, learning medical/engineering skills etc. Basically developing your character. The more the game let's you focus on surviving and other fun activites, the less people will spend their days shooting Bambis.

Reducing ammo, introducing humanity or making zombies stronger is just adding more grinding to the experience, players won't stop looking for ammo just because it is rare. But will it make DayZ a better game? No. Adding activites and incentives for teamplay will.

As of today DayZ lets you do two things; loot and shoot. Surely it can't be a suprise that when people are done looting, they start shooting.

Edited by CREDiBLE

I really do like the Chemlight idea!!!   Its better than using a spotlight (Flashlight).

Oh boy, chemlight were awesome. I justloved them, even though they painted you like a giant target in the night. They were very atmospheric.

Flares as well. Comming in Cherno at night and seing a flare glow in the middle of the street and painting all nearby buildings red, hearing makarov fire in the distance.. Oh man.

They were not very usefull for obvious reasons, but added a lot to the atmosphere im my opinion