Sign in to follow this  
Imperial-Fist79

Plz for the luv of god add sli support

Hey Dean,

I know your busy n all but plz work wit nvidia/amd to add sli/cf support, I can force this in the nv control and to get a decent boost but causes graphic glitches:

my spec:

i7 3930k @ 4.2ghz

32 gb ram @1800mhz

2 x gtx680 4gb ftw

ssd

win 7

1200 PSU

getting about 30 - 50 fps but drops to 28+ in cities, with sli forced I get 40 - 80 but still drop to 28+ in cities. Cheers

• Like 1

Yeah I can confirm this statement. 

* My GTX 690 is crying.

To be quite honest, the engine is very heavily dependent on the CPU.

* But the very least the GPU usage percentage is around 70 - 80 percent.

Edited by Sobieski12

You really really don't need more than 1 of those cards to max out the game at 60fps. So disable one of them for this game. There is most likely something else halving your fps.

SLi/Xfire support is still waaaay off in the future.

No idea about 690. There might be an option in Nvidia Control Panel to disable one of the cores. Again, I have no experience with Nvidia.

Edited by kadude

You do know it's ArmA's infamous netcode/client CPU loading that's doing this?

30 seconds reading "Why is my frame rate so low?" threads in the DayZ Mod section will reveal that ArmA doesn't like Core i7 CPUs much either.

Set up OSD monitoring of your CPU and GPUs and you'll see the game maxing out one CPU core while the other tick over with other Windows tasks and your GPUs are never loaded past 60% even with the settings maxed out.

You really really don't need more than 1 of those cards to max out the game at 60fps. So disable one of them for this game. There is most likely something else halving your fps.

SLi/Xfire support is still waaaay off in the future.

No idea about 690. There might be an option in Nvidia Control Panel to disable one of the cores. Again, I have no experience with Nvidia.

The GTX 690 is a dual GPU card.

* I just tested the usage of the GPUs just a moment ago.

GPU 1     10 - 15% usage

GPU 2     80 - 95% usage

As for ARMA 2 AO ,

GPU 1 50-55 %

GPU 2 50-55 % 

Hopefully as the game progresses they will implement patches 

It's no secret that the engine is very heavily dependent on single thread performance, it's been confirmed by the Bohemia devs after people constantly complained about ARMA 3s performance.

Edited by Sobieski12

One does not simply 'add SLi support' to an RV game.

• Like 2

I got rid of my sli set up last year for this reason, few devs seem to put much into it since its essentially extra work. I get a pretty solid 60 frames outside cities and around 40 inside however I do get a brief drop when zooming sometimes

My gpu is a Radeon 7970

Edited by chaitin

That is why single cards are always the bomb :D

so one great card is better then having two of them?  just no.....

Hey Dean,

I know your busy n all but plz work wit nvidia/amd to add sli/cf support, I can force this in the nv control and to get a decent boost but causes graphic glitches:

my spec:

i7 3930k @ 4.2ghz

32 gb ram @1800mhz

2 x gtx680 4gb ftw

ssd

win 7

1200 PSU

getting about 30 - 50 fps but drops to 28+ in cities, with sli forced I get 40 - 80 but still drop to 28+ in cities. Cheers

To be honest. The way the game as the moment its way to far to offer support for sli/cf support.