TheRegliz

What do think about the game so far ?!

Personally, I expected MUCH MUCH worse sense it's only the alpha, yet it's fun ... only few bugs, And TONS of players :D

Expect I can't play at night with friends cause there are like 500 servers 40/40 ...

Edited by TheRegliz

I find being able to enter almost every building to be great; I am having fun scavenging.

• Like 1

I love the new animations...however

-The ghetto high-rises outside of cherno suck, NEVER any loot in them.

and I have only met 5 people in my 8 hours of play :(

3 people that killed me right after I spawned for the first time, one player that I killed out of mercy because he was bleeding and I was starving. and met someone at balota who said hi and we parted ways...

Really disappointed at how good I am at avoiding/missing people.

(Had the same damn problem in the mod, could never find anyone to interact with!)

Its awesome... being able to outrun and lose zombies and not seeing them zigzig to you whilst putting usain bolt to shame. <----Just one of the reasons that the SA is already better than the mod.

Edited by Massicor

Im enjoying it... the blood type, new weapons, THE INVENTORY SYSTEM, and the loot is fantastic being able to run while look at the inventory is great and the fact that ur rain coat can hold items too is great. And being able to lower weapons etc using space bar.

It's delicious, I had the weirdest conversation with a guy when I spawned the other day.

Him: Give me your shirt

Me: Your a hoe, nothing but a mean hoe

Him Am I now? **He gives me his shirt, and drops a pen**

Him: writeon me, I am your slut. Write nasty things

Out of no where he gets shot in the head by a mosin and I just sprinted away.

Only in dayz. 

• Like 2

Im enjoying it... the blood type, new weapons, THE INVENTORY SYSTEM, and the loot is fantastic being able to run while look at the inventory is great and the fact that ur rain coat can hold items too is great. And being able to lower weapons etc using space bar.

You use spacebar ? really ? I binded my toggle raise weapon and optics to the same key so i can aim down sight with guns and also lower or raise my fists and torch etc with my right mouse button.

It's delicious, I had the weirdest conversation with a guy when I spawned the other day.

Only in dayz. 

I laughed. Have beans.

Having a blast so far.

Can't wait til more features are added and the bugs get squashed. :)

i will give you my opinion when my internet doesn't suck :/

*sob* whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I think the game is great, even more for a pre-alpha.

I can't wait to see the final version. Vehicles (can't wait for this one), a better melee, maybe construction, reworked zombies (orly again devs? xD)... 

But, as I said, I wasn't excepting so much in pre-alpha. I got suprised, really. :)

I find that it is crap. Almost nothing new beyond a few minor improvements. At its foundation its still just old clunky arma with the military equipment removed.

Edited by wolffe
  • Like 1

Tbh.. This is the best if not least painfull alpha i've ever played. And i've played alot of alphas (Especially Zombie 'Survival' Games) I've not encountered any major bugs and the game actually run pretty smooth for me. As of now, I just wait for more content to be added.. I'm so excited! :D

I've been enjoying it so far.  I'd at least like for them to add bicycles back in soon, just some way to get around the map faster than running.  I like finding all the different kinds of loot.  Most of all though, the player customization, no more mistaking friends for enemies, and vice versa!

Only in dayz. 

Aahhahah :D DEM, The funny moments are just incredible ...

Someone Should Open a site like 9gag, Or Elohell if anyone plays league of legends.

And just focus on funny situations in Dayz ... Would be hilerious .

You use spacebar ? really ? I binded my toggle raise weapon and optics to the same key so i can aim down sight with guns and also lower or raise my fists and torch etc with my right mouse button.

Well look boys, it's a snowflake.

Has much smoother feel than a mod. The fact that most of the buildings you can get into is AWSOME. Even right now you can spend 20 minutes in one village just scavenging, imagine that with few dozen zombies running around (I hope  the number will increase in the near future). At this stage lack of zombies makes it more sightseeing tour of some apocalyptic kind. But I'm enjoying every second of it. Why do people, when ask what they would love to be added next say: bicycles o.o :] . Zombies, people... ZOMBIES, HORDES of them. I want to feel outnumbered.

Edited by booshee
  • Like 1

I find being able to enter almost every building to be great; I am having fun scavenging.

Basically this. 

I find that it is crap. Almost nothing new beyond a few minor improvements. At its foundation its still just old clunky arma with the military equipment removed.

I have a similar feeling. I feel like its gone backwards.

One of the most important thing to me in any game is the controls and aiming.

They have somehow managed to make aiming feel more skittish, clunky and un-accurate than in Arma 2.

Its weird because Arma 3 had perfect aiming, and they 'remade the engine' but didn't take the best part from Arma 3 , the aiming, it feels like Arma 2 aiming but worse.

+After hearing the zombie AI Had been completely reworked, and witnessing a decent ish zombie on rocket's promo vids a few weeks before launch, looked good

Then in game, the zombies are worse than the mod- still hit me without animating from a distance, and stood stationary till i went near them. Broken zombies :(

I really like it. It is much better optimised than arma at least from my perspective as it runs much smoother and with higher fsp on my dated rig.

The excitement of finding loot is here again, just like the good old days before we had the wiki and dayz db telling us where to look for it. I am expecially loving the scarcity of weapons as it promotes communication and not the kos mentality.

Just bought the game yesterday, but in those couple of hours i had so much fun scavenging the houses at night and helping my fellow fresh spawns on thw coast.

I haven't explored the whole map yet, but i am loving the changes so far.

Looking forward to seeing this game grow once again

ive like the new buildings ,and the posibilty u have and crafting system can be great . That ive most enjoy is exploring atm and try so see new thing on the map .

dont like the long walks...

My honest opinion about the standalone...:

I think they should really stop adding things in game until the basic stuff is fixed... they should really concentrate on making the foundations of the game as solid as possible.

1. Please do not add more zombies until the melee is fixed, right now fighting with baseball bats and crowbars against zombies is even worse than the mod. Zombies themselves are not too bad, but melee and hit system is really poor.

2. Client side performance is really poor, I have a pretty good system and playing in the parts of new Cherno is almost impossible because no matter what graphic settings I choose the FPS drop dramatically in the cities.

3. Port the character movement, control and swimming from Arma 3.

4. Stuttering introduced with patch #1

There are the main things IMO that should be fixed. Minor cosmetic issues and adding new guns should be lowest possible priority for the team, what is the point of adding new gun and licking batteries when the character controls are clunky and melee isnt anywhere near Chivarly like it was said. The melee system is awful, sorry but I have to be honest, I really want this game to be the best ever, I just hope the team that develops this game doesn't get lost in adding features until the foundations for the best game are there.