Sign in to follow this  
SAGEZILLA

Loot spawns

when you are playing in a large server and you NEED loot to be able to make it to the next city because of the hunger and food goes so fast, everyone loots everything and you can loot 3 cities and maybe get a melee weapon, a rotten fruit and some kind of drink if you're lucky, I think maybe it should be boosted when there are more people on a server.

Sprinting drains your hunger and thirst faster.

So you should jog or walk.

Sprint only in an emergency.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums OP.

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

OMG Im so sorry, I accidentally reported your post, I skimmed it and thought it said reply x.x I'm sorry.

Loot is broken atm. It only spawns on server restarts.

Thought this wasnt a bug but actually meant to be like that

• Like 1

AFAIK, zombies and loot both do not respawn until restart. Its probably a test parameter rather than a bug, but im drunk on rotten oranges so...

OMG Im so sorry, I accidentally reported your post, I skimmed it and thought it said reply x.x I'm sorry.

woHTy9w.gif

• Like 2

Loot is broken atm. It only spawns on server restarts.

Now now, what makes you think it's a bug?

Thought this wasnt a bug but actually meant to be like that

Maybe, Maybe not. 

Either way its not a bug, just haven't been implemented yet. 

Loot is meant to only "spawn" at restart.  If they change it, then it is because it is changed, however I don't see them doing that because part of the server side changes was specifically oriented to do this.  

I would gander a guess to say loot spawning during play could open the window to possible exploitation, same with zombie spawning during gameplay.  I do believe however that zombies will eventually respawn to a certain extent as I've heard discussed over the development of DayZ.  

(Edit: As far as exploiting, I mean, loot spawning/zombie spawning to see if someone is in the area.  The current system you have no idea if someone is in a town, just because you can see loot there from afar or see zombies walking around.  The hacker term of spawning should be negligent in the standalone.  Hacks will/have come out, but they are nothing like what you saw in the mod.  Much more of just an annoyance than anything, but not a blatant out right wtf moment.  In fact, you probably wouldn't even be able to tell if someone is cheating because the cheats that can operate on the current system cannot do what they used to do.  I do not personally cheat, and never have, however as an admin, I do keep up to date with what is available so I can combat it as best as possible)

To be honest, I think the best solution to this would be to increase the time you can go without food/water and drastically increase zombie difficulty.  This way people spend more time searching for loot, not because it's un-findable, but because it's incredibly difficult to get to.  I believe this would also discourage the KoS fellows if running around at full tilt caused the zombie apocalypse to come crashing down on you, atleast is large cities or military areas.  Right now, the zombies are very easy to ignore, however this will change in many ways with the development of the game.

In any case, if you are having a lot of trouble finding survival items, I would recommend changing to a server with more frequent restarts.  Or look in very large cities for loot.  The outlying towns and homesteads do have loot, but are more spread out, which causes you to use more food and water just to search, so they should be used as a go between as you travel.  If you need to stock up, the best place is the large cities.

Our server restarts every 4 hours right now so everyone should be able to find a good amount of loot pretty regularly.  If you want to look for us, filter for "NoobAnon.com Gaming"

Edited by NoobAnon

Another thing I thought I should mention if you weren't aware.

Eating certain food items that are supposed to be cooked or eaten with liquid, will cause you to get thirsty.  Such as, eating dried rice, without cooking it.  This will feed you and sate your hunger, but will increase your thirst.  Same goes for cereal, without powdered milk and water.  You can make "meals" that will sate thirst and hunger far better than a bunch of little items.  So cereal with milk, will naturally sate your hunger and thirst and be usable more than once.

Think about food and drink in DayZ the way you would in real life.  If you ate a bunch of dry crackers you would probably need to drink something with it or have an incredibly dry mouth.  Don't think about it to the extreme though, we're not getting into sodium content and caffeine causing thirst.  Just think of it all in a plain no brainer way.

I haven't checked, but I would assume good fruit does the same thing, since it is naturally juicy, it probably sates hunger and a little thirst, but don't quote me on that.