Sign in to follow this  
Siberian (DayZ)

curious how the new Zombie aggro system is designed to work for fresh spawns ?

i was wondering about this scenario back when SA was being dev'd and shown early on when it was mentioned that Zombies would path better and run indoors..

what is the gameplan for fresh players/new spawns that pick up Zombie aggro, from my testing its impossible to lose a Zombie now.

if u have no weapon ur basicly stuck running forever or just accept the Zombie ass raping thats coming..

if its possible to loss a Zombie id love to know how u do it..(with no weapon).

answers ????

You punch it a couple swings should knock it over, then continue to punch it until it doesn't stand back up.

Aim for the head!

Edited by Zarazon

i was wondering about this scenario back when SA was being dev'd and shown early on when it was mentioned that Zombies would path better and run indoors..

what is the gameplan for fresh players/new spawns that pick up Zombie aggro, from my testing its impossible to lose a Zombie now.

if u have no weapon ur basicly stuck running forever or just accept the Zombie ass raping thats coming..

if its possible to loss a Zombie id love to know how u do it..(with no weapon).

answers ????

Just make sure you are sprinting for a bit (Double tap W) and weave through a forest/town.

Just make sure you are sprinting for a bit (Double tap W) and weave through a forest/town.

yeah ive tried that bunchs, no effect Zs continue to follow me around corners and throu buildings regardless of distance..

in some ways i like the persistance.. but when u have nothing its really maddening... i can see new players really losing their shit and freaking out...

This works for me. Just make sure your moving quickly and try to avoid Line of Sight with the Z. I have no problems loosing them :)

The fact they're relatively hard to shake is getting my hopes up that when they come in numbers, roam around a little and respond to gunshots like kids to the icecream van jingle (don't go for a drive kids, no matter how much free icecream with special 'topping' he offers) cities might actually become places preferably avoided rather than shooting galleries for the geared & bored.

The fact they're relatively hard to shake is getting my hopes up that when they come in numbers, roam around a little and respond to gunshots like kids to the icecream van jingle (don't go for a drive kids, no matter how much free icecream with special 'topping' he offers) cities might actually become places preferably avoided rather than shooting galleries for the geared & bored.

i agree..

my ONLY issue with the system so far is that moment when ur fresh spawn and have NOTHING or are new.. once u have a weapon u can deal with Zs the old fashioned way, but when u have bare fists ur basicly asking to die...

I get what your saying. I out ran a zed using the line of site method and looked back. She was gone. I took a cpl of minutes to look at my Video settings and try to improve my FPS and i am getting hammered by the same Zed that I just lost. Its like they will stop running after you but continue to follow your path without ever giving up.  I can however tell that when the bugs are addresed this is going to be one awsome work of art. For now I will just run like hell.