Joekillum

Night time way too dark

Honestly, the night is just too dark to see. It should be quite dark but not as dark as it is now. Even with my brightness and gamma maxed I still have trouble seeing without a flashlight. Anyone else agree?

• Like 1

I agree, it's been said many times over as well. I have been in places that resemble where DayZ takes place in terms of the environment and can honestly say that there is no way you wouldn't be able to see anything at all under an open, or even broken, night sky. 

Depending on the Moon i guess with maxed brightness and gamma i can run around not bumping into stuff, so its bright enough. Fining Loot can be very challenging though.

The Main Problem is, maxing brightness and gamma feels like cheating.

Therer must be another way.

In daytime there is a dynamic range, when you look into the shadow everything gets brighter. if you look into the light the shadows get darker. I wish for the night to be the same, so it looks like max gamma when you are used to the dark.

Honestly, the night is just too dark to see. It should be quite dark but not as dark as it is now. Even with my brightness and gamma maxed I still have trouble seeing without a flashlight. Anyone else agree?

Please research. The light at night is based on the lunar cycle.

No moon = really dark.

Full moon = easy to see.

No, It's fine as it is. Remember it's a survival game and is pointed to be as realistic as possible. And the night in reality is dark ;)

Ok, they coold fix the fleshlight/headtorch but the reast is fine

Edited by psycho_dad
  • Like 1

No, It's fine as it is. Remember it's a survival game and is ointed to be as realistic as possible. And the night in reality is dark ;)

Fix the fleshlight? :)

No, It's fine as it is. Remember it's a survival game and is pointed to be as realistic as possible. And the night in reality is dark ;)

No. Night in reality isn't pitch darkness, unless you are in a building or something. 

Theres a picture going around somewhere of night, and then night with some better colours, I think that should be fixed.

I think the dark nights bring dayz back to what it was when it started, a cold harsh zombie survival game.  The nights add a desperate time, one which adds an aspect to the game. it is a time to fear or use as oppurtunity.

like in I am Legend

• Like 1

100% agree, cant play at night since update #2

I think the dark nights bring dayz back to what it was when it started, a cold harsh zombie survival game.  The nights add a desperate time, one which adds an aspect to the game. it is a time to fear or use as oppurtunity.

like in I am Legend

Agreed 100%

Also, can we stop with the F*C*ING 'its dark' threads.. people, use the search.. theres one on every page.

• Like 1

the nights are fine.

the flashlight is broken! the artificial light doesnt spread. its 100% dark outside of the light beam edges. its more difficult to search inside a house than outside because of that light. There should be some light increments outside the light beam.

right now nights are barely playable if its that hard to search a house with the flashlight.

btw. the flares and chemical lights are missing right now. would be a lot easier with it. just carry them with an active weapon is just better than the complicated flashlight^^

Edited by kiwi12

the nights are fine.

the flashlight is broken! the artificial light doesnt spread. its 100% dark outside of the light beam edges. its more difficult to search inside a house than outside because of that light. There should be some light increments outside the light beam.

right now nights are barely playable if its that hard to search a house with the flashlight.

btw. the flares and chemical lights are missing right now. would be a lot easier with it. just carry them with an active weapon is just better than the complicated flashlight^^

I agree with you on the flashlights being broken. In real life light refracts very easily. You can very easily stand a flashlight up in a house with no other light source and pretty much see the immediate area you are standing in without issue.

If they can get the flashlight beam to reflect and illuminate, that would basically solve the issue. It's almost painful going through buildings only being able to see a circle the size of a garbage can lid,

If they can get the flashlight beam to reflect and illuminate, that would basically solve the issue. It's almost painful going through buildings only being able to see a circle the size of a garbage can lid,

I'd absolutely love this. Even if the light just feathered out more, it would help quite a lot.

It's most definitely not fine, it's turning new people away from the game, causing others to think they're having display issues & all around provides a pretty shitty first experience. Do you know how many people bought DayZ, but didn't play it for the first few hours of release due to 80% of the servers being night-time? It was a lot more than you think. Don't get me wrong, I kinda enjoyed night-time after finding a headlamp for the first time, that is.. until the battery died & It went back to being almost unplayable.

I invited a friend who never played DayZ before into the game with me & she quit about 5 minutes later saying it was frustrating & she would rather play rust. I'd rather sacrifice realism & immersion in exchange for a little play-ability something like this, which in return would bring the game more sales/popularity. 

mBziYT5h.jpg

Even though I feel the screenshot above is too bright & colorful for night-time, it makes the game look good & in an industry where 50% of what makes a game good is its graphics, it's a much better option than what it is now. (Maxed Gamma/brightness)

iOzEnQrh.jpg

Something needs to be done about night-time, it's not even remotely close to fun stumbling around in the dark, even if it does 'feel' right & puts you on the edge of your seat, it's borderline unplayable.. 

EDIT: Just found a gas-lamp & tried it out on night-time server, it's kinda awesome but makes you a very bright target seen for miles..

Edited by Zarazon

I think its playable, immersive and very fun.   but who am I? oh yah, someone who paid just as much as you did to enjoy this experience and help the development.  Louder isn't always better.

I think it's not dark enough... I have my gamma on default (in the middle), and its a full moon night. Looks like a black and gray movie, might as well have been day as you see everything just as well unless you are inside small spaces.

I think it's not dark enough... I have my gamma on default (in the middle), and its a full moon night. Looks like a black and gray movie, might as well have been day as you see everything just as well unless you are inside small spaces.

I wish I could agree with you but this is where I'm at, full max brightness and gamma, full moon above my head. It's temperamental at best on terms of being able to see or not, seems like there is a variety each time I join. I really do wish there was some more natural realism to being able to see at night. What I see is factually not a realistic scenario.

11445054386_7c58e120a4_c.jpg

You have to remember that there is no light pollution from street lights etc and living in the countryside does actually get pretty dark once you get away from towns, you are all just spoilt with all the full moon night servers.

Dayz for me was the pitch black nights,the suspense of hearing noises and wondering is it safe to turn on the flashlight at all?

I wish I could agree with you but this is where I'm at, full max brightness and gamma, full moon above my head. It's temperamental at best on terms of being able to see or not, seems like there is a variety each time I join. I really do wish there was some more natural realism to being able to see at night. What I see is factually not a realistic scenario.11445054386_7c58e120a4_c.jpg

this is realistic bro trust me