Sign in to follow this  
westofkeystone

Barren Map Bug

I was playing the mod just fine about 2 days ago, and then randomly I join a new server and spawn in a barren wasteland with some stuff missing, there are no trees or grass, just land with hills, and sometimes people standing with gear, I've tried downloading the beta patch, updating dayz, verifying the integrity, Nothing seems to work, I really want to play but it just keeps spawning me on this barren map, any suggestions on ways to fix this?

Logon to the Canada 2 server - you should spawn in the bottom left hand corner off the map. Just head east.

This happened to me too, but I was a new player so I didn't have problems just killing myself so I would respawn in a normal location.

So if you're like me and don't have anything to lose and/or don't want to mess with trying to go on other servers etc, then just hit esc then click "respawn". Once you're dead, do an "abort" and then "disconnect" to get back to the server's team select screen. Then Join the game again from there and you shuold have a new character ready to go.

Hope that helps!

Download and install the 'Six Updated Suite'

It automatically downloads any new updates and installs (or fixes) them in your directory.

Oh, once that is done, just run east. Or Southeast. More east than south. You're off the Chenarus map, so you're gonna have to make your way back. Been stuck there a few times. Once i only ran for 5 minutes and reached the forest. One time it took me an hour.

Is there a sticky about this yet? Seems to affect just about anyone who isn't using Six Launcher, the mandatory use of which I find a bit unprofessional even for a mod...

Ok, so I've been running for 2 hours, and still haven't gotten to the map yet, is it possible the map is just bugged for me, I can post a screencap of what I see if needed.

If you've been running east for two hours, turn south.

-If you spawn in the debug wilderness(empty field), you have to run south east for 1-2 hours.

-If you spawn in the debuf forrest, you have to run east 5-10min.

-If you spawn in the debug ocean, you can either swim north(?) or press respawn, since you lose backpack/rifle in water.

If you've been running east for two hours' date=' turn south.

-If you spawn in the debug wilderness(empty field), you have to run south east for 1-2 hours.

-If you spawn in the debuf forrest, you have to run east 5-10min.

-If you spawn in the debug ocean, you can either swim north(?) or press respawn, since you lose backpack/rifle in water.

[/quote']

Guys - Information is power. Pls read the post I made above to spare (limit) your pain. Server : Canada 2

I have two ideas, one is hotfix this problem, the other is make some form of autorun button, to make this more bearable.

You maybe running perpendicular to the North border of the map so head south east.

Some of you running east need to give up, there is from what I can tell a new bug or different one that is spawning people 28km off the map so running it would literally take a very long time to run. I have seen a massive number of people apparently just effected by this right now(Mainly server hoppers). This is not the same as debug forest. Do the Canada 2 suggestion and see if that helps which should get you to debug forest which is at least remotely close to the play area.

If you have a map do shift+left click on map for a way point with distance that can be seen.

Canada 2 requires that I downgrade my patch of DayZ

I think that it was you joined it and it gave you an error saying wrong version log out log back in on a normal server and it would stick you in debug forest. I haven't done it yet so if posters want to elaborate that would be nice.