Daimyo21 (DayZ)

Dynamic bandit AI Groups

To make things more interesting and encourage human grouping. Introduce dynamically created bandits that go and scavenge and travel between villages/cities. Various types, military, farmers, civilians, police, etc. Even vehicles would be good for them, it would encourage good ambushes and promote more action for human vs human thats not always PvP. Maybe some of these AI are recruitable etc.

No.

The only humans in this game should be players and zombies. Anything more and it's not DayZ.

I don't know how possible it would be to give them sound AI. I mean, it's probably possible, but it'd take ages to script and code.

I mean, I'm down for NPCs that shake players up, but maybe mixing up the zombies a little more would be a better solution to that.

No.

1. Server and player performance would drop even more than it already is

2. The only AI should be zombies. All other threats are human induced

Haha. People are already complaining about other people killing them. Now imagine if an AI group in the woods kills them as they are traveling.

People who haven't played ARMA2 don't know about the AI. They range from being vegetables to be being snipers with an old ak-74. When you haven't been spotted they don't react at all and mill around doing w/e it is the AI thinks about in its spare time. But once you've been spotted they can pick you off at 500+m with just about any gun they have. And rest assured, the actual AI in ARMA2 will easily spot your if you are doing anything more than a crawl or a crouched walk (even those aren't guaranteed to maintain concealment depending on a several factors).

This isn't like most games where the player is expected to overcome the AI. In normal ARMA2 missions if you don't approach a situation in a tactically superior way you will die a lot and often without ever knowing who killed you. Setting aside my own personal preference for human players and AI zombies only, bandit AI groups will ruin the game for people who dislike PvP even more so than in its current state. If you can't overcome a human player who has less chance of spotting you and accurately killing you, you will hate the AI who can spot you moving through the woods and accurately engage and kill you before you even knew about their presence.

no, dayz is all about player-player interaction. NPC's would ruin the game.