Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyGat (DayZ)

View compass with flashlight

Title says it all, the compass is useless at night, and realistically a person would be able to point their light at it.

• Like 1

Have you tried using a headlamp?

You just need to find some source of light or clear place, but pointing your flashlight at it would be a badass feature for sure.

still the point is valid: you cant see anything on the compass at night. they fixed it in arma because it glows. what now? maybe like i can use 2 hands? 1 for compass and 1 for flashlight, but big objects (weapons) use both?

Have you tried using a headlamp?

The headlamp is angled wrong, it's always pointed at the ground so for that reason I don't bother using one, until they are adjusted at least.

Title says it all, the compass is useless at night, and realistically a person would be able to point their light at it.

I was trying to figure out too why my compass wasn't glowing like it did in Arma2.  Hopefully, this is something they intend to fix.

a good point well made, there's no use in a compass if you can't see it just as there is little use in a flashlight if you don't know where youre going

You can't hold two items at the same time. You can drop your flashlight and leave it on - at your own risk in an alpha. While the headlamp definitely does need fixing, you can free look to see te compass with it.

I think DayZ should use Metro: Last Light as an example of how to use items as your hud, instead of having artificial hud art on your screen.  Viewing your compass with a flashlight just gave me that idea. =P