tom59593

Regenerating Blood [Question]

Hey guys,

I don't know how many of you ran into this issue in the mod, but I remember times where I'd lose a ton of blood and my screen would go all 1940's grayscale on me.  I'm talking a ton of blood loss--like I was at 300/12000.  My brother would come blood bag me or I'd eat a bunch of steaks, but the audio and visual effects of low blood (muffled sound volume, fuzzy post-processing, grayscale) would remain.  Sometimes when a server would restart it would fix the issue, sometimes not.

The reason I mention this is because I'm having trouble regenerating blood in SA--or at least I think I am.  I don't really have any monitor for blood level so I can't be sure.  But last night I was brutally attacked by an unarmed assailant while I was AFK getting some more water downstairs--he put me into low blood where my vision was quite blurry and my color had faded.  After I taught the guy a lesson with my M4A1 I ate 4 whole cans of pristine-grade spaghetti and chugged water at a nearby water pump.  Eventually I got a message saying that I felt absolutely stuffed.  The status indicators in my inventory screen indicating my thirst and hunger went away, and I sat down in a house to regenerate my blood.

Fast forward 2 or 3 hours of sitting in that house or crouch-walking between buildings looking for other food to keep my belly full and my screen is still gray (though the added blur is no longer there).  I eat a can of food and drink some water every 15 minutes or so to keep my status at "I feel absolutely stuffed" but I don't seem to be getting any more color.

I guess my question is: has anyone had success regenerating blood by satisfying hunger/thirst alone?  If so, how long did it take you to do so?  Since I don't have any debug monitors for blood, hunger, thirst, etc. I can't accurately discern what is going on under the hood for my character.  To be honest, I'm not even concerned with this problem for myself--I'm just trying to help test the game and if this is a bug I'd like to report it.

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide! 

Edited by tom59593

I had no such experience because I always end up on NIGHT servers. DayZ SA is black and grey to me from the very beginning.

I haven't, I've eaten a lot, drank a lot, been alive for a long time, still no regeneration and still a blurry screen

For the record, this was at about 5am this morning when it was daylight on my server.

I have survived hours after going black and grey and it's never gone back to color except the one time i was knocked out by zombies and revived by a friend.

Does it say in inventory that you are sick? You might need to use some alcohol to your wounds or take some antibiotics in order to start regening heath. If you are at very low health you might need a blood transfusion, that one helped for me. After I got blood transfusion it said that "My wounds are healing" and after a while "My wounds are completely healed" or something like that.

From what I can tell, if you get hit by zombies you will have "infected" wounds and won't regen health even if you are full / not thirsty / not sick. 

Antibiotics will give you "clean/less painful wounds" messages over about 30 mins, and finally a Green Message saying they are clean. After this, if you are still all good, you will start regenning health. From what I've seen, this is needed after ANY zombie strike to you. 

A couple of good thoughts here:

Does it say in inventory that you are sick? You might need to use some alcohol to your wounds or take some antibiotics in order to start regening heath. If you are at very low health you might need a blood transfusion, that one helped for me. After I got blood transfusion it said that "My wounds are healing" and after a while "My wounds are completely healed" or something like that.

From what I can tell, if you get hit by zombies you will have "infected" wounds and won't regen health even if you are full / not thirsty / not sick. 

Antibiotics will give you "clean/less painful wounds" messages over about 30 mins, and finally a Green Message saying they are clean. After this, if you are still all good, you will start regenning health. From what I've seen, this is needed after ANY zombie strike to you. 

While I HAD been attacked by a zombie earlier in my play session, I had used some antibiotics and eventually received the green "My wounds are clean" message.  This happened at around 2am, and by 5am I still hadn't regained color yet.