Sign in to follow this  
knawx

Are suppressors functional yet?

Just wondering if anyone knows if suppressors are functional yet.

I found one in game for my M4 and it doesn't change the sound of firing at all. However, that doesn't mean it may be somewhat suppressed to anyone in the vicinity. I'm just not sure if that's the case or not. Does anyone have any experience with this in game?

I've had a suppressor on my real life AR and while it doesn't "silent" the gun the way you see in films, it defintiely has a dramatic impact on cutting down in overal noise.

Has no effect except visually on the barrel.

Roger that good sir.

Hopefully it becomes more than cosmetic in the future. Although i'm sure it's not high on the priority list.

Has no effect except visually on the barrel.

Thats odd, I had one before this last patch. the firing sounded supressed to me then, and didnt agro near-by zeds... maybe a step back in the last patch?

Thats odd, I had one before this last patch. the firing sounded supressed to me then, and didnt agro near-by zeds... maybe a step back in the last patch?

I thought the same thing when I first shot it with it attached, however I then removed it and noticed that it was in fact not changing the noise level for me at all.

Now that you mention it though, I don't think zombies were aggro-ing.

What was the condition of the suppressor you found?

The condition is "pristine".

I've tested it at something like 15m and about 50m with regards to zombies, shooting in their direction they always came at me.  Condition worn I think.  The sound itself is the same whether silenced or unsilenced.

Is cold ammo in the game yet? Traditionally you need cold ammo to make a suppressor function properly.