Sign in to follow this  
Strategos (DayZ)

Is Direct Chat failing ?

I seem to be having issues with direct chat.

The last two encounters have ended with me having to kill people because there has been no reply to voice or text chat.

Does direct chat sometimes not work ? 

I've been wondering this too...

I've been talking to a couple of different players, and none of them answered.

I know my mic works as I was speaking to my friend while this happened.

I know it works sometimes. Just wondered if it's buggy, hard to tell. I don't want to have to kill people when all I want to do is handcuff them and molest them.

Sometimes I hear other players, I try to talk to them, and they don't respond. I think the feature is bugged.

so far did not have an issue which leads me to think its not working.

my guess is, just like in the mod, most people dont care about communication.

-> you see someone = run

-> you got a weapon and see someone = shoot/swing at him

seems to be most peoples pattern. and as these are already quite a few variables for many players theres no resources left, thinking about...mmh... maybe talk to them.

Sometimes I hear other players, I try to talk to them, and they don't respond. I think the feature is bugged.

i think thats the death-globalchat bug. dead people can talk on global chat without even knowing it. quite spooky, now that i think about it :unsure:

I don't know I was following some guy in the dark trying to talk to him, he didn't act as if he had heard me at all, when he finally spotted me he seemed really suprised, stopped suddenoly looked at me, then pulled out his axe and charged me. Course 20ft away axe vs M4 didn't go well. But it certainly SEEMED like he couldn't hear anything.

Next guy was way up north, he had lots of gear , I had cover in a building and he was stuck right out in the open. He saw me run inside and lay down, so I started talking and typing to him. But he got up , in plain view and started trying to flank me , so he died as well. Didn't act like he could hear me or see the text at all. I clearly had him stone cold.

well my point is, you give people way to much credit.

like in any game, you will find more than enough people who are baffled by the concept of thinking and even more so by acting in a way the situation calls for ;)

but that doesnt rules out some bug messing with dc. will test it this evening with some baddies.

Sometimes I hear a conversation between 2 people, I interrupt their conversation and they keep talking as if they can't hear me.

Does direct chat sometimes not work ? 

Yes, some logitech non gaming keyboards have trouble with the default key for direct speech. (K800 as example)

Edited by NoCheats