Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Fisher

YouTube Proof of Commercial Rights

Can I get a little love here? In order to monetize my DayZ stuff, YouTube wants me to provide proof of commercial rights and the only thing I found from BI (here:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133522-User-Monetization-of-BI-s-games-Audio-amp-Video-content%28e-g-Youtube-Partnership-Program%29) doesn't list DayZ. Any plans to get this updated or is there another method? Thanks in advance for any help.

Can I get a little love here? In order to monetize my DayZ stuff, YouTube wants me to provide proof of commercial rights and the only thing I found from BI (here:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133522-User-Monetization-of-BI-s-games-Audio-amp-Video-content%28e-g-Youtube-Partnership-Program%29) doesn't list DayZ. Any plans to get this updated or is there another method? Thanks in advance for any help.

you need to contact the dev team and get permission. if they give you permission to use the content then you can monetize it.

• Like 1

The issue has already been raised with developers, just give it some time :)

you need to contact the dev team and get permission. if they give you permission to use the content then you can monetize it.

Any idea where I might find that info? I've looked and have got nothing but tthe twitter account.

Hello there

Your best port of call is the Bohemia forums. Expect visible updates soon, but in the meantime you can always PM a mod there.

Rgds

LoK

Yeah I just sent the form to BI and added in the email I was looking specifically for permission for DayZ. I know it says not to expect any word back but I've got my fingers crossed anyway. It seems that BI's stance is that they don't care as long as you inform them, which I have done, so I feel like I have solid ground to dispute any of YouTube's nonsense. Thanks for your help guys.

Almost every developer doesn't care if you feature content from their games, it's free advertising. The problem exists from the very small handful of schmuck companies with powerful lawyers that exploit console goofballs purely for profit. They're putting too much pressure on youtube which is one of the reasons why they are shifting away from video game footage so that they stop receiving bad news from said lawyers.

Blame console gamers, their ignorance of quality is the bread of butter to all these powerful trashy studios.

Here's a video tutorial, It's a little out of date but it might help. Goodluck!