Sign in to follow this  
A_Lucky_Hit

Server Owners get nothing????

I don't even...I think most of the people posting in this thread are missing the big picture here, I just read the full 5 pages and am awed at the assumptions made by some of the posters, especially the pro-private. 

This debate is quite simple, imho, because it's summed up by this:

- DayZ in its inception was a mod. You didn't pay for it. You supported BI, and many people paid for hosting servers, because they love the concept. Later on, private hives emerged, mainly due to the unrefrained and unstoppable hackers due to client based engine. I played in the former, and the latter. Yes I played in several private hives and had a lot of fun. There's that. And the fact that most modders worked and communicated (and still do) actively with Dean to improve the standalone.

- DayZ Standalone is NOT a mod. This isn't up for grabs or for changes as the server owners or their communities see fit. Either you like it or not, it's Dean's and BI's call to do whatever they want and envision with this game, that you willingly paid for even through the obvious pre alpha warnings.

Personally I think that complaining or ask for ways to modify this game is close to asking DICE if mods are supported in BF4. Which, obviously, they replied with a NO. Is it just me or this is a bit absurd to begin with?

I think this thread is moot because it's not even being considered "opening up" a retail (when it's done) game to modding by the community, due to it obviously disregarding and going "against" the original vision of the creator. If you want control over your servers, you have it on the mod, it's all good!

Just my two cents,

G

P.S. I'm loving the experience in DayZ SA so far. Seriously, back to old school :D

Well buying a game doesn't entitle you to the right to modify a game. Actually most EULAs usually forbid you to "decompile, desassemble alter or modify in any way".

• Like 1

Hey community.

I'm kinda tired of reading people want private hives if u dindt know u can buy arma 2 and download a mod or play the script version of wasteland if u want to play a point and shoot game and not a totally survival game. there is also alot of possiblities about goin mod and do ur own private hive server with all the gear u want in the same area.  

So when that said. U can't ask for a private hive option u already have it just not in dayz standalone everything u ask for is on arma 2 or even try arma 3 and make new stuff stop complaining about this new refreshing game where u can play what the mod was supposed to be. 

Jesus it felt good. 

I wish i could give you 10 beans for that!!!

Private hives were great until they started messing with the settings that make DayZ harsh. It's an anti game, nighttime isn't supposed to be party-time. 1000-vehicle servers will make people buy the game for what it isn't supposed to be. People that like that stuff are looking for a game that DayZ isn't supposed to be. This is a game for hardcore players, it's an anti game, it should be anti-casual. Same goes for custom loadouts and day/night-cycle. And as for the server names? Nope, there should be basic info such as location, version (and config back in the mod days) so people have at least a bit of basic info besides slots and ping.

however, hosts should be able to add banlists to their server (hackers), and anyone who abuses that should get their credit card banned from renting another server.

• Like 1

PRIVATE HIVES ROCK!!

Everyone needs to stop confusing "private hive" with "modded server". There are awesome private hives out there running vanilla z. Also they DO help fight hackers trough things like whitelists. The main reasons I like private hive over pub...

1, No Ghosting....this was gamebreaking for me early on playing the mod. I hated the idea of people going into a 0 pop server and then joining a high pop in the perfect sniper spot with 10 mags and loads of food and drink. That's almost as bad as having starting gear....they never have to fight past the players on THAT server to get the gear.

2, Community....When that server is your "home" server you get to know who the regulars are. Who are bandit groups and who will play nice. A lot of concessions are made between groups about camps and stuff (but theres always 1 or2 full on bandit groups). Its more about long term survivability on private hives for me.

3. Consiquences....So on a pub hive you piss of the main group on that server....oh well lets just swap server and carry on with all our gear and no come back. On a private hive if you piss off the main group (and I know this from experience lol) they will hunt you down again and again, can become clan wars up north.

4, Anit Hack......Lots of private hives run a whitelist. this is great and allows a hacker never to return if removed from the list. Not to mention the other anti-hack scripts.

• Like 1

So I'm helping support the Alpha and paying for the server and I get nothing. I work 10 hours a day commute 1 hour each way leave home when its dark and get home in the dark and I cant even change the day settings on the server I pay for so I can at least play in the daylight. Rocket you suck!! Lighten up and give us some basic functions. Right now I can change the name but not the whole name just one little section still have "Dayz NY" junk in front, I can set restart time but there is no messaging to warn players ingame before it happens just the load in messages, could change time for 30 min last night then the update killed that, thanks :P  Because you set the bar so high for the service providers requirements on what they have to give in way of public servers they are screwing us with server cost of $70 for 30 slots, 4 times that of the Arma 2 Dayz. Not saying you have to give it all but here's the short list.

Must have:

Full name control

Day time settings

in game messages, clan advertising and server restart warnings

Wish list:

Private hive 

Load out options

Shut your mouth. 

who says dayz isnt meant to have?

dayz is a mod of a arma game...keep that in mind....

its not its own game. its a copy and paste of an army game...

some people like action and shooting, not looking for empty soda cans...

and its only right to give people a load out, considering a hacker can come on and spawn stuff since dayz SA has no protection against Anti hacks

Ok first of all Dayz SA is definately NOT a mod... so as soon as we are clear on that you can get back to your little arma mod and make the plays as you please :)

oh and considering "hackers": I have a enough trust in BI and Rocket that they will mop up the ground with that kind of scum if they get in the way ;)

Good god I hope not. Daylight is one thing, but if this game gets infected with 1000 vehicle or start with everything servers It'll be game over for me.

^ +1

• Like 1

So whats wrong with letting people play the game how they want to? No one is forcing people to play on a private hive that lets you mod...

Correct, no is forcing you to play DayZ either and it is rather silly to try and alter the game to get what ammounts to basically the same experience as BF/COD on a larger map. That is what starting loadouts and self blood bag basically are. You have your health packs and get guns and ammo just by respawning..... "YeeeeeeHaaaaaw! *bang* *bang*" That is not what DayZ is supposed to be. You are supposed to run around trying to find something to defend yourself with, avoid survivors and zombies, and see if you can get the tools to survive. Along the way you will have to worry about bandits shooting or robbing you or maybe have the opprotunity to become said bandit. 

If you don't like a certain private server, don't play on it. Easy. The good thing about private servers is that there is something for everyone. If your idea of fun is self blood bag, M4A1 starting loadout and 10000+ fully repaired vehicles, there are many servers for it. Enjoy.

But there will also be good private servers with tougher rulesets, active and fair admins and good, active communities. I always prefered a semi-closed community on a private server to the bullshit that was public hives, where admins couldn't do anything. And though this may be early alpha, I have a bad feeling about the standalones ability to actually counter hacks and cheating. I look forward to private hives once more. But for now I just look forward to the next patch, hopefully changing loot spawning. :D

Those servers already exist though, they are called Battlefield 4 and whatever the latest CoD is calling itself from this quarter's released rehash is.

who says dayz isnt meant to have? Hint, DEAN... and the other devs.

dayz is a mod of a arma game...keep that in mind.... Not anymore.

its not its own game. its a copy and paste of an army game... Not anymore.

some people like action and shooting, not looking for empty soda cans... There are tons of games out there for said people already, leave this ONE for those of us who do like looking for empty soda cans.

and its only right to give people a load out, considering a hacker can come on and spawn stuff since dayz SA has no protection against Anti hacks  Slippery Slope fallacy, "Because someone else can cheat and do it we might as well ruin the game for all the honest people."

Comments in RED.

• Like 4

more military base's

actually military bases are everywhere in the standalone

I'm glad many people think as me,and that is let DayZ be that one special game that will not be ruined by deatmatch style of play.(glad devs are also thinking the same).More than plenty of games out there to choose if one prefer that kind of style.(Arma 3,bf4,cod...)

It's better to have 20,000 players that will play dayz how it's supposed to be played than 60,000 of Cod and Battlefield type of deathmatch players/servers with full inventory,1000 vehicle,chopper deathmatch etc.

I also love battlefield series,call of duty series and play it regulary but let dayz be that one special game.

The spelling and grammatical skills of a large majority of the people post here is unbelievable. I am horrible at english (and had to use spell check to spell grammatical) but seriously proof reading isn't difficult guys. 

Anyway, i agree with what seems to be a large majority of the people here, if you want to play a version of Dayz where you spawn with god items and don't have to play at night then play on the mod. Standalone is beautiful and with all of its flaws and glitches i prefer it a hundred times over compared to what is now the "Dayz Mod". Some people just don't understand that what makes the game fun IS the challenges. 

P.s. I am completely positive that i had some type of grammatical error or spelled something improperly so yeah... My bad.

~Von

They'll eventually add customization options for server hosts, you'll be able to choose your loadout, make however many vehicles you want to spawn, and probably a bunch of other stuff we're all overlooking. It's too early right now, but it WILL come.

Why?

Because the majority of the players like playing on those servers. It doesn't matter what the few in this thread that are whining about how they shouldn't add the stuff because those whiney players can easily play on a regular server if it's that big of a deal to them. Trust me, we'll get the server customization options eventually.

As for the argument for the ignorants telling others to play on the Arma 2 mod, well they're just that -- ignorant. The devs don't want people to play on the mod anymore, they want people to purchase the standalone and play it. We'll get the server customization options and then some simply because these whiney people complaining about it can always choose to play on a regular server and leave the fun, awesome servers to the rest of us. :D

Edited by PKHustle

The spelling and grammatical skills of a large majority of the people post here is unbelievable. I am horrible at english (and had to use spell check to spell grammatical) but seriously proof reading isn't difficult guys. 

~Von

You must be fun at parties.. English isn't the main language of everyone at this forum,if you're having trouble reading it then you're nitpicking it.

If you think people here are horrible at english you should go to asia and see how people talk english there and then come back and compare it.

... pretty bi-est in these forums...

First, it's biased. Not bi-est, sounds like you're saying something is more two than another two.

Secondly, to throw my two cents in.

You're all right, we don't have to play on the 1000+ vehicles spawn with full military gear servers. But, to use the mod as an example, there isn't alot of choice. If you go look for public hive servers you'll find a handful of populated ones. If you look for private servers its a never ending stream of servers packed with people wanting to play their little deathmatch with a side of zombies instead of playing the mod how it was created to be.

We get of choice of playing DayZ: Singleplayer Edition or having to put up with the private server shenanigans.

So, yes to possibly changing server names, server restart messages, maybe something to do with time because this 30 Days of Night rendition is getting old.

No to loadouts and editing vehicle spawn numbers.