ZomboWTF

Backpack eats primary weapons

Date/Time: today, 21.06.2012 20:00 gmt +1

What happened:Primary Weapon disappears when put into the backpack

Where you were: A Barn north of elektro (next to the small lake)

What you were doing: wanted to equip my hatchet, put my enfield in the backpack, enfield gone

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: NL4

*Your system specs: AMD Phenom 2 X2 445 (3,1 ghz dualcore) Geforce 9600 GT 2GB ram

*Timeline of events before/after error: got my bone broken because of turning by proning, got myself to a barn, respawned, got to my corpse, wanted to kill a zed with my hatchet, enfield gone, Q.Q

Had the same problem.

But i had a nice time with my MP5A5 and the 29 Bullets i fired *_*

Made accidently two threads because i didn´t saw that the admin has to look over my posting.

oh crap just posted another thread about this, my bad guys.

But yeah, happened to me. Wanted to put a sniper straight from the ground to my backpack (I don't think I had enough slots), weapon just vanished.

I had similar but my engfield rifle was still useable and glitched infinite ammo, rifle also replaced my hatchet for melee attacks. (would swing the rifle)

Its not about the slots, I think its that the backpack just eats the damned items.

I have the items in my pack when I log off, for example. After checking everything. Next time I log on, it all disappears. Every single one.

Its strange.

Have had the hatchet disappear out of my backpack. Was there one minute gone the next.

Oh...what about the bug where when you pick up ANY tool.....you drop everything in your inventory (that isn't in your bag). Every single damn time!! I just want to switch my tools around

Oh...what about the bug where when you pick up ANY tool.....you drop everything in your inventory (that isn't in your bag). Every single damn time!! I just want to switch my tools around

Yep getting this everytime as well very annoying.

OP did your pack actually have enough slots free for your enfield? i've found if there isn't enough free slots when putting stuff into your pack rather than do the sensible thing and not let you it just deletes the item.

If you don't have enough slots to put something in, it deletes it. If you want to easily switch weapons, open your bag, select the weapon in your bag, and hit the "take" button. Ammo switches automatically as well.

Primary weps = 10 slots if you try and put a primary wep in you inv/backpack and have fewer slots it will simply just disappear

• Like 1

yeah, i had not enough place for it, and instead dropping thw weapon to the ground or not being able to move it, it just disappeared

happend twice to me, didnt think of it first time to much but second time, just now actually, it ate a silenced m4 i found, not happy :(

Happened to me as well, would potentially avoid a lot of problems if it just dropped the weapons if there wasn't enough room rather than deleting them. Lost an AKM and an Enfield because of it.

Yeah happened to me just the other day too, Had a AKM rifle but ran out of ammo, Tried to swap the rifle with my hatchet & my AKM just disappeared!

Was not happy!

Good guide on how to avoid this.

We are not looking for guides and work arounds to a flawed game code. WE WANT FIXXED GAME CODES

Always make sure your playing on a server running the beta oa patch, And always click the arrow to move your weapon Out of the backpack and not into it when changing primary weapons. That way it swaps correctly.

Also don't swap primary in another players bag.

Definitely a bug. Even the standard backpack can carry 1 weapon. This bug happened to me today too.

What happened: Primary Weapon disappears while in backpack randomly.

Where you were: Had M24 in bag just south of Nadezhdino, ran north through the wilderness, weapon gone when I reached Kabanino.

What you were doing: Simply running towards the NW Airfield

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: Seattle 96

*Your system specs:

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

8.00 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 550ti CU

*Timeline of events before/after error: found M24 in Balota Airfield, raided ChernoGorsk Northern Medium Yield apartments, put M24 in pack so as to be less appealing target running through the woods, still had pack when I stopped near Nadezhdino, continued running towards NW Airfield, stopped to loot a watchtower Near Kabanini and the M24 was gone, as well as the M9 SD that I had equipped in my secondary weapon slot.

This never happened to me because I fortunantely always made sure that I had enough space in my backpack before I tried to move the weapon into it. Right now I'm carrying a 870 with Taclight and a M1911 in my main inventory and a AKM and a Glock17 in my backpack.

I do like that when I swap them the Ammo swaps too, that is a nifty feature.

well, apart from you dropping all ammo items from your belt when picking up a watch or compass, yeah thats a nifty feature <.<

happened to me again today when placing a makarov into my backpack, thought secondary weapons would only take one slot -> vanished, duh

It just ate my DMR and my AKM mags :( now i have an AKM with DMR mags, which renders me useless!