magicbox

RCON dayz SA

Hey guys

Have my own clan server 40 slot for Dayz Standalone is there a ETA on RCON tool for kicking players and Locking Server

• Like 3

can u give me the ip and port to join :D

DayZ AU 3-362 (Public/Veteran) 113772 - -=DFG=- Official DayZ

119.252.191.104:2402

HAVE FUN MATE :)

Hey guys

Have my own clan server 40 slot for Dayz Standalone is there a ETA on RCON tool for kicking players and Locking Server

No, you'll also be losing your server soon enough when the devs are ready to kick players to the kerb if you decide to use third-party tools without them being vetted so don't try unless it's been confirmed.

Only official servers and tools are to be used.

Edited by Rossums

ya i pay $130 dollers a month and iam going to lose my server. You make no sence Brown the DEVs love us :) for helping promote there game.

ya i pay $130 dollers a month and iam going to lose my server. You make no sence Brown the DEVs love us :) for helping promote there game.

I didn't say you'd lose your server, I said you'd lose your server if you go off and decide to try third-party tools.

There has been nothing officially confirmed for use by admins.

The devs also don't care, you aren't promoting anything - a player will already have the game if they're looking for a server.

Hopefully you are unable to lock the server, it just encourages crappy behaviour from clans.

$1200 lol  try $3600

And that doesn't cover time spent administrating the server or writing scripts etc.  Assume a fair wage of $40/hr that's $60k a year almost!

Its not much when theres 40 ppl sharing the cost is it ?

Edited by Zanders

In game RCON commands are available,  the only ones that work as of today are #login (ADMIN PW) , #Userlist, and #kick (name, GUID, Player#)

This is as of the 0.30.### server update

Edited by UFGatorsDM

RCon tools outside of the game do not currently work.

This is because those operated with the use of battleye, which as you may have noticed is not currently in DayZ SA.  You can however, kick people if you login as Admin in game.

For those that have servers, when you are in-game, type "#login rconpassword"  without the quotes and with your rcon password in the place of rconpassword, so in game, open your chat bar and type

#login mypassword

Then if you open your player list by pushing "P" you can then click a player and use the kick button in game.

You will also notice that when pushing "." to change channels, you now have access to a "Global" chat channel, where you can type a message to all players on your server.

DO BE WARNED!

You can be blacklisted.  Currently when you purchase your server, you are auto-whitelisted.  This means you have access to the public hive.  If you do not treat the community fairly, the DayZ team can and more than likely will revoke your whitelist privilege. This means anything you do on your server, no longer would carry over to any other server, and may not even carry over to a new session of play on your own server.  You could be in essence completely blocked from the central hive of player data storage.  Please DO NOT think that the DayZ team needs your server so you can do as you please.  Everyone should have noticed the "Provisioning" time period they had to wait to have their server, even though there were over 100 servers already available.  I would guess these were servers provided in partnership between the server providers (looking to earn money off those wanting to rent by advertising their names) and the DayZ team (looking to have servers for players to play on)

Once the game is completed then you will probably have access to create a server exactly how you see fit, private hive, extra vehicles, custom loot and maps, and mods ta'boot.  Until then and after then, in the world of public hives, you are literally under the control of the development teams wishes on what they want the experience to be like across all servers.  And it should be this way, people shouldn't have access to special rules on one server, and be able to carry their character over to another server with a different set of rules.  When private hives are available, then you will be able to set all your own rules.  

Also the reason the server cost is so high, is in part due to the game being in alpha and not being fully optomized, and in part due to the coming requirements as player pool and zombie/loot numbers all increase.  You are paying for good hardware on a good connection.  Ok, so, we're all probably paying a little bit more than needed because anyone will squeeze a ripe fruit for more juice, but this isn't the DayZ Development teams fault, and if you are paying so you can have your "own" server, then you should really honestly wait until you can have your "own" server for real.

Our server is established as a gaming community and we use the contributions and advertisements off our website to help pay for our server, so it's not "Our" server, it's the communities server.  We just administrate it, and are looking for qualified admins to bring on board as the game develops and requires an admins presence.

• Like 6

What amazes me is how people are willing to throw out 1200+$ a year for a video game instance. You are all crazy.

If I had done overtime at work instead of running servers or coding on DayZero, I could have bought a Audi R8 in cash.

Yes, I actually did the math, taxes and everything...

• Like 3

Thats different though. You created a product and a project for yourself. I don't even get where the server providers are coming off with the slot price. Does Dayz require some sort of insane clock per core? Anyone have any info on the resources these hosted servers are using?

@ Mintypie007

When something is in high demand and your one of the only few hosts that can provide you can ask these prices.

@ Magicbox

Renting a server (I assume your renting one, so you dont own anything) doenst mean you can do w/e you want with the server. If you want to be connected to the main hive you have to follow the guidelines/rules like anyone else or the server will be shutdown or removed from the public hives whitelist, but normally you get a warning first.

ya i pay $130 dollers a month and iam going to lose my server. You make no sence Brown the DEVs love us  :) for helping promote there game.

Btw promoting a game to people ingame that already bought the game is quite useless...

RCon tools outside of the game do not currently work.

This is because those operated with the use of battleye, which as you may have noticed is not currently in DayZ SA.  You can however, kick people if you login as Admin in game.

For those that have servers, when you are in-game, type "#login rconpassword"  without the quotes and with your rcon password in the place of rconpassword, so in game, open your chat bar and type

#login mypassword

Then if you open your player list by pushing "P" you can then click a player and use the kick button in game.

You will also notice that when pushing "." to change channels, you now have access to a "Global" chat channel, where you can type a message to all players on your server.

DO BE WARNED!

You can be blacklisted.  Currently when you purchase your server, you are auto-whitelisted.  This means you have access to the public hive.  If you do not treat the community fairly, the DayZ team can and more than likely will revoke your whitelist privilege. This means anything you do on your server, no longer would carry over to any other server, and may not even carry over to a new session of play on your own server.  You could be in essence completely blocked from the central hive of player data storage.  Please DO NOT think that the DayZ team needs your server so you can do as you please.  Everyone should have noticed the "Provisioning" time period they had to wait to have their server, even though there were over 100 servers already available.  I would guess these were servers provided in partnership between the server providers (looking to earn money off those wanting to rent by advertising their names) and the DayZ team (looking to have servers for players to play on)

Once the game is completed then you will probably have access to create a server exactly how you see fit, private hive, extra vehicles, custom loot and maps, and mods ta'boot.  Until then and after then, in the world of public hives, you are literally under the control of the development teams wishes on what they want the experience to be like across all servers.  And it should be this way, people shouldn't have access to special rules on one server, and be able to carry their character over to another server with a different set of rules.  When private hives are available, then you will be able to set all your own rules. 

Fuck everything about your post buddy, sorry.  Who the fuck are the devs to tell anyone how to run their server or what they can or can't do with it?  If the devs want everything to be so locked down, they better start shelling out some of that $5.1 mil they made the first day to buy some proper fucking servers and host the god damn game on their own.  If I rent a server I will kick whoever the fuck I want off of it and test on it how I see fit.  If that means kicking everyone off so I can actually TEST things in peace, who the fuck is anyone to tell me I'm doing something wrong?

• Like 3

@ Magicbox

Renting a server (I assume your renting one, so you dont own anything) doenst mean you can do w/e you want with the server. If you want to be connected to the main hive you have to follow the guidelines/rules like anyone else or the server will be shutdown or removed from the public hives whitelist, but normally you get a warning first.

Btw promoting a game to people ingame that already bought the game is quite useless...

Actually fucktard that's exactly what hosting a server of a game means.  You're the end fucking user.  If they don't want people doing such dirty and naughty things, they shouldn't be so fucking cheap.  They need to start hosting their own servers, or this game is REALLY headed for a fucking disaster.  Does Rocket and co want another TOR?

I think one should be able to do what they want with a server, they are paying their hard earned cash for a service. If the clans want a locked server on the public hive I think it should be acceptable as they are paying for a rented server. I don't think server locking is available at this time but I have seen a few on the in-game server browser.

If Rocket keeps a tight grip on what people can and cannot do on their Dayz server, as McG2 said this game will fail miserably. 

• Like 1

Fuck everything about your post buddy, sorry.  Who the fuck are the devs to tell anyone how to run their server or what they can or can't do with it?  If the devs want everything to be so locked down, they better start shelling out some of that $5.1 mil they made the first day to buy some proper fucking servers and host the god damn game on their own.  If I rent a server I will kick whoever the fuck I want off of it and test on it how I see fit.  If that means kicking everyone off so I can actually TEST things in peace, who the fuck is anyone to tell me I'm doing something wrong?

Actually fucktard that's exactly what hosting a server of a game means.  You're the end fucking user.  If they don't want people doing such dirty and naughty things, they shouldn't be so fucking cheap.  They need to start hosting their own servers, or this game is REALLY headed for a fucking disaster.  Does Rocket and co want another TOR?

If you have been hosting DayZ servers for any length of time you would know that from day one of the mod being released server admins had very strict rules they had to follow if they wanted the server to have access to the public hive.

If or when they release a public hive then you can make any rules you want but while you are connected to the public hive you have to follow the rules they put in place. They have blacklisted servers in the past and I am pretty sure they will do it again.

I am still suprised that people like McG2 for example rent servers and dont even bother to read the rules that come with renting a server.. most hosts just want to loot whore the sh!t out of their server..

McG2 has been issued a temp ban. Please lay off the abusive behaviour/personal insults.

Ok, I understand your feeling.  However, you are a part of a public hive.  This means what you do on your own server can be carried over to another server.  In this type of game environment that is unfair.  Now, you may very well, just want to play on your own server and not go collect loot to go kill on another server, but if they allow a few to do this, then those that want to exploit this, will exploit this.

When private servers are available at later date, you will most certainly be able to lock your server and do whatever you like to it.  Because on a private server, your character and gear will not be transferable to the public servers.  You will be on your own private, or private shared hive.  

They are not cheap, and the hosting companies and the DayZ team are hosting their own servers, that is where the initial list of servers came from.  That is more than likely how many people figured out who was hosting servers, they checked servers and saw all the hosts listed, because these hosts were already hosting servers for the first players to play on.

This goes to everyone who is disenfranchised with hosting a DayZ server.  These are all a part of a public hive, so having special rules on one server and not on another is unfair.  It's not "Rocket keeping a tight grip".  It's a matter of the play experience and fairness being equal across servers.  Otherwise, you would have a clan rent a server, lock it, gear out to max with no risk at all, so very quickly.  Then jump over to a public server with people fighting over loot and watching their back, and just go in and kill everything that moves, and if they died, go back to their server and regear.  This is unfair, and should NOT be allowed.  

You WILL be able to have FULL control over you server, WHEN the private servers are available.  Official Public DayZ servers have ALWAYS been this way.  If you want to see a group with a tight grip on what you can do with your own server, go check out Origins.  Those copy cats won't let people have access to anything, and haven't for a long time, and they don't even have a public hive, each server has it's own hive, yet you still aren't allowed to set up your own server how you would like.

Please, if you do not like not being able to change things on your server or lock it, stop renting a server and wait until private hives are available.  Because right now you are going to be throwing your money away.  I don't mean this to be rude, I'm really just trying to explain because it seems some people don't understand why servers are the way they are, and there is a valid reason.

• Like 3

im currently renting 3 dayz sa servers and loving them. could do with RCON and designated query ports but that will come in time.

i look forward to future private hive days. a lot of money can be saved by leasing a dedicated box or co-location!

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda