Sign in to follow this  
TyRobot

I just wanted the apple...

Well, I must say it has been interesting so far...just one day into the standalone.

I had been playing all day...mainly just exploring and chatting with friends.  After getting a backpack and some better clothes, I ventured off to find a gun.  It was an unlikely spot, but I found a Mosin rifle in a car outside Chernogorsk around the new abandoned apartments or whatever.  Before going off on my adventure to the North, I decided to go back to Cherno where I remembered the location of a well...because I wanted to fill my water bottles.  It isn't like I had a lot of stuff, but I wanted to be prepared.

So...I filled my bottle, yet I couldn't resist checking a few houses for a can opener whilst there.  I saw an apple on a table and decided to make it my last meal before leaving the city...however, a man slowly crouch-walked into the hallway of the house and began to take aim at me.  I had to react quickly, so I only had time to notice that this guy was fully decked out in military gear.  Immediately, I dropped the apple as I closed my inventory menu, and I put my back against the wall adjacent to the hallway so that neither of us could see each other.  I equipped my Mosin, and I waited...

...what happened next took place over the course of around 10 seconds, but he rounded the corner and tried to shoot me from the other doorway to the room I occupied.  He never expected that I would be ready to fight back, but I managed to crouch and lean so that I could see him before he saw me.  As he began to fire, I put one shot right between his eyes.  The man stumbled momentarily as he fired a couple shots from his M4A1, but he passed out and died.  I don't think my heart has ever beaten faster than during those 30 seconds...it was so unexpected for me at that moment.

I looted what I could, but I had "ruined" most of his gear with that fatal shot from my rifle.  I buried the body, ate the apple, and headed northbound.  It was the best apple I'd ever eaten...and for the first time in a long time, it felt like the first time I'd ever played DayZ... ^_^

• Like 2

Well, I must say it has been interesting so far...just one day into the standalone.

I had been playing all day...mainly just exploring and chatting with friends.  After getting a backpack and some better clothes, I ventured off to find a gun.  It was an unlikely spot, but I found a Mosin rifle in a car outside Chernogorsk around the new abandoned apartments or whatever.  Before going off on my adventure to the North, I decided to go back to Cherno where I remembered the location of a well...because I wanted to fill my water bottles.  It isn't like I had a lot of stuff, but I wanted to be prepared.

So...I filled my bottle, yet I couldn't resist checking a few houses for a can opener whilst there.  I saw an apple on a table and decided to make it my last meal before leaving the city...however, a man slowly crouch-walked into the hallway of the house and began to take aim at me.  I had to react quickly, so I only had time to notice that this guy was fully decked out in military gear.  Immediately, I dropped the apple as I closed my inventory menu, and I put my back against the wall adjacent to the hallway so that neither of us could see each other.  I equipped my Mosin, and I waited...

...what happened next took place over the course of around 10 seconds, but he rounded the corner and tried to shoot me from the other doorway to the room I occupied.  He never expected that I would be ready to fight back, but I managed to crouch and lean so that I could see him before he saw me.  As he began to fire, I put one shot right between his eyes.  The man stumbled momentarily as he fired a couple shots from his M4A1, but he passed out and died.  I don't think my heart has ever beaten faster than during those 30 seconds...it was so unexpected for me at that moment.

I looted what I could, but I had "ruined" most of his gear with that fatal shot from my rifle.  I buried the body, ate the apple, and headed northbound.  It was the best apple I'd ever eaten...and for the first time in a long time, it felt like the first time I'd ever played DayZ... ^_^

nice history!

My heart definitely gets going when I see players in the area with weapons (I am currently very well geared for the Alpha). I do not have this reaction to players in the DayZ Mod at all. I believe this is due to the fact that it is fairly hard to survive the coast and get away from it due to the stamina/food/drink/unconscious issues.

I had to literally walk all the way from elektro, to cherno, then to stary, then to NWAF and beyond. Only jogging when crossing large openings in areas I felt there could be other players.

Looking forward to seeing more patches, hopefully they roll out frequently!

Deaths could have been prevented if you'd only tried to talk to him over direct chat though.