daedrick

Nerf bleeding, buff zombie damage.

:heart: bleeding :heart:

The only reason why it is so hard to start without a gun is because players bleed so easily. One single hit from a zombie is enough to make you bleed LITERS of blood.

So while you are running around buildings and fences trying to shake off the 3-4 zombies after you, you are constantly bleeding an enormus amount of blood. Some player, especialy those without knownledge of the map layout or the game itself will most likely die from bleeding or get very low before they can even figure out whats happenning.

Now, you will say that bandages are all over the place, and you are right. But the thing is, even if you have over 9000 bandages in your inventory, you will hardly be able to patch yourself up before your health reach 8000 blood, or worse, under 5000. Especialy if your freshly new player have tried to escape the city and there are no place in sight to hide and potentialy slow the zombie down in a building.

Now the fix--------------------------------------

Personnaly, I really wouldn't mind the zombies to hit twice as much if the frequency of bleeding was drasticaly lowered. Also, while we are at it, zombies breaking your legs is a little bit much as well, especialy since we dont start with morphine anymore.

Hell, they could even hit for 500 to 1000 a hit if bleeding wasn't so frequent and it would still be easier for new players than it is right now.

Right now, you get hit, run around, shake off the zombies and lose around 4000 blood if you do it right, Or if you are VERY lucky and find a hidding spot very quickly, 2000.

Anyway, from a roleplaying stand point, it doesn't make any sense that you start bleeding as much as that especialy since the zombie ''attack sound'' is more like punching than biting.

Now, if we actually heard them, bite us, it would make sense to lose that much blood, especialy if they actually aim for the neck/shoulders/head.

Conclusion---------------------------------------

Zombies that bite, with a sound clue, should cause bleeding. Other than that, you should never start bleeding unless shot at.

Zombies, to balance the nerf to bleeding, should twice as hard.

Zombies should not be able to break your legs. Only reason why your legs should be wounded enough that you can't run anymore was if you got bite there, fell from too high or got shot.

Thanks for reading.

the thing is, if you have no weapons yet, and you die, then uh... no big deal man!

It's not like you lost anything big! Hopefully your next life you'll spawn somewhere with better loot :)

Just remember to crawl when infiltrating zombie infested areas and you'll do fine :)

Point number one: Even if you started with a gun, you would have the added chance of aggroing more zombies, so that doesn't really make your life easier.

Point number two: If you started with a gun, players would not hesitate to shoot you on sight. After the starting gun was removed, I have actually met many players, they saw me walking around with a flashlight so they didn't just shoot me. Of course there are people who still shoot others that are just wielding flashlights and appear to be just fresh spawns, but that's a different story.

Point number three: Zombies are much more manageable now on 1.7.1.5, so just be a tad careful when going into towns, instead of just trying to adapt the game even more to what you think is the way it's meant to be played, try to adapt yourself more to the game. I'm not saying this is always the rule, feedback is important, I'm just saying that zombies are just hard enough. If you make it so it's easy to recover from a zombie encounter, it dimishes one aspect of the game, which is "zombies".

Just my 2 cents.

Huh, reading comprehension is once again failing here? It almost seems you didn't even read the original post.

So yeah, let me make it simple then; Spawning without a gun is alright. Zombie aggro range could use some fixes but thats not the problem.

It is tedious, if you start bleeding when you dont have any weapons for all the reason stated above. I want a fix to bleeding, not to spawning without a gun. Simple as that.

Lol, new player discussion.... hmmm k? Thats actually a suggestion/discussion about the issue concerning bleeding.

Wow, was my post so poorly written that nobody understand that Im talking about bleeding, and nothing else.

I also think bleeding happens too easily now. But since 1.7.1.4 bleeding can stop on it's own... so maybe adjusting that can balance it a bit. Giving a starting weapon won't keep you from bleeding, especially if you're a new player.

My advice is to always keep a building/hiding-place located in case you aggro some zeds and actually hit you.

I got that, about the bleeding. The thing is, if you sneak properly and/or run away properly, you shouldn't bleed in the first place - I don't start bleeding in zombie encounters unless they've been whacking on me for more than 2 hits or so. If they've gotten you that badly, then that's unfortunate man but you shouldn't let your guard down so much!

Was even wading through Cherno with an axe killing zombie after zombie at one point, and I did lose blood, but didn't often start bleeding as I had them dead before they could hit me more than one or twice. And for times when I did bleed, bandages fixed me up.

The point of my reply was really just if you're unlucky enough to be bleeding out from zombie attacks when just starting out like that, and aren't able to shake them or esacpe, then yeah, that sucks but better luck next life! No biggie, just don't aggro them next time!

Also just wanted to point out, that it's not quite a "reading comprehension" problem that these folks replying to you have. Its just that they're approaching the problem/discussion from a different angle.

What is happening is you've opened with the title of your thread as

"The real reason why spawning without a weapon is tedious"

and then you talk about bleeding.

Well, folks are mostly in support of spawning without weapons, and are moreso addressing that aspect of your post. If they think spawning without a weapon is the correct choice and that it isn't boring or tedious in the first place, then the alleged problem of bleeding making spawning without a weapon tedious is a moot point.

If you want to specifically discuss bleeding without adding the extra talk of other things, it'd be wise not to frame that discussion within the context of its effect on other game mechanics such as spawning without a gun. Otherwise folks will take that frame into account when responding.

Hope that helps

Instead of just trying to adapt the game even more to what you think is the way it's meant to be played' date=' try to adapt yourself more to the game.

[/quote']

This, exactly this. This should be stamped on most of the threads complaining about

1.7.1.5 and the changes it brought.

Well, agreed that the bleeding from zombie happens too often. bandages is a must or you will just bleed to death.

Yes, its hard and tedious. but my friend can spawn in cherno, get geared up with gun and medical supplies and stuff during the night. It does show that its possible. Or maybe he is just pro. xD btw, you will lose the zombie aggro easier at night as its dark.

[Admin Edit: Right, enough of that]

edit: Also, zombies dont kill people, bleeding kill people. Zombies hit like wet paper bags while players lose blood like if all their main artery were cut in half. The main source of damage need to be switched.

Changed the title so you morons can actually understand

Stopped reading there. You're a little rough around the edges today or what?

Bad day at work? Wanna talk about it?

Did you actually read their replies? They(large sense, not everybody) totally deserved it.

Even if they were complete idiots that responded by saying that the bleeding mechanic was the only way to keep the purple monkeys from escaping the airfield, they still wouldn't deserve to be talked to like that dude. It's just out of line.

Dunno what's happening that's making you so angry that you are responding in that fashion. You must have had some crazy stuff going on dude! Drama in life sucks and I hope it works out for the best and things get better for you man.

Some majorly ignorant people here in this thread. Best bet is to just not try to argue with them, OP. It generally just turns it into a flame war.

As for the topic, I don't think that the threat of zombie hits and bleeding should be necessarily switched, but I do think the balance of the damage should shift a bit more toward the actual hits than it is right now. The bleeding damage is mostly fine where it is. It just occurs way too easily. It would also be less apparent of an issue if zombies didn't hit through walls, glitch around, etc. Sometimes you just can't avoid the hit that causes bleeding at no fault of your own, but that's something that will surely be sorted out in the future.