Sign in to follow this  
calemus

dizzy, lightheaded/ headache , "feel worn down"

no matter how much i eat/drink/lay still i am still dizzy, lightheaded/ headache , "feel worn down"  how do i  fix all that??
i have tryed F3 to sit & regain but nothing happens. no healing responce to spending time in that

Edited by calemus

DayZ standalone introduces much more complicated hunger and thirst mechanics compared to the mod. Instead of your hunger and thirst being satisfied as soon as you eat or drink anything, each type of food and drink restores varying amounts of energy and can add or remove water. Additionally, your stomach can only hold a limited amount of food and water.

Examples

When you eat a box of cereal, it restores around 1000 energy, and drains 250 water. Eating sardines only restores 333 energy, but adds close to 100 water. Drinking a can of soda restores a bit less than 150 energy and adds over 300 water, while drinking from a canteen doesn't give any energy, but adds 1000 water.

Effects

When you have less than 100 energy, you start losing health and blood. However, when you have a ton of energy and plenty of water (3500 and 3000 respectively), you start regenerating blood. Once your blood is refilled, you regenerate health instead.

Dehydration is much more dangerous than starvation: you lose five times as much health and twice as much blood. Once you accumulate a water deficit, it can be difficult to recover from it if you wait too long.

Status Messages

While they don't tell you exactly what's going on with your character, the status messages that pop up can still help you figure out what you need to get yourself healthy again. Keep in mind that there are other effects that share some of the same messages, so this is by no means a conclusive way of diagnosing yourself.

Hunger

When you're hungry, you see the following messages: 
"I feel tired", "I feel run-down", "I feel worn-out", "I feel like taking a nap", "My stomach grumbles", "I'm feeling hungry", "I want to eat something", "I feel hungry"

When you're very hungry or starving, you see these messages:
"I'm extremely hungry", "My stomach grumbled violently", "I'm starving","I feel exhausted", "I feel extremely tired", "My head pounds", "My head throbs", "My head hurts", "I feel dizzy", "I feel light-headed", "I feel faint", "I feel unsteady", "My stomach grumbles", "I'm feeling hungry", "I want to eat something", "I feel hungry"

Thirst

When you're thirsty, you see these messages:
"I feel tired", "I feel run-down", "I feel worn-out", "I feel like taking a nap", "My mouth feels dry", "I feel thirsty", "I'm thirsty", "I need a drink", "I feel like having a drink", "I want to drink something"

When you're dehydrated, you see these messages:
"My mouth feels dry", "My head pounds", "My head throbs", "My head hurts", "I feel dizzy", "I feel light-headed", "I feel faint", "I feel unsteady", "I feel exhausted", "I feel extremely tired", "I feel thirsty", "I'm thirsty", "I need a drink", "I feel like having a drink", "I want to drink something"

Being Stuffed

You can also eat and drink too much and overfill your stomach. Once you see these messages, if you keep eating or drinking, you're probably going to end up vomiting.

• Like 4

DayZ standalone introduces much more complicated hunger and thirst mechanics compared to the mod. Instead of your hunger and thirst being satisfied as soon as you eat or drink anything, each type of food and drink restores varying amounts of energy and can add or remove water. Additionally, your stomach can only hold a limited amount of food and water.

Examples

When you eat a box of cereal, it restores around 1000 energy, and drains 250 water. Eating sardines only restores 333 energy, but adds close to 100 water. Drinking a can of soda restores a bit less than 150 energy and adds over 300 water, while drinking from a canteen doesn't give any energy, but adds 1000 water.

Effects

When you have less than 100 energy, you start losing health and blood. However, when you have a ton of energy and plenty of water (3500 and 3000 respectively), you start regenerating blood. Once your blood is refilled, you regenerate health instead.

Dehydration is much more dangerous than starvation: you lose five times as much health and twice as much blood. Once you accumulate a water deficit, it can be difficult to recover from it if you wait too long.

Status Messages

While they don't tell you exactly what's going on with your character, the status messages that pop up can still help you figure out what you need to get yourself healthy again. Keep in mind that there are other effects that share some of the same messages, so this is by no means a conclusive way of diagnosing yourself.

Hunger

When you're hungry, you see the following messages:

"I feel tired", "I feel run-down", "I feel worn-out", "I feel like taking a nap", "My stomach grumbles", "I'm feeling hungry", "I want to eat something", "I feel hungry"

When you're very hungry or starving, you see these messages:

"I'm extremely hungry", "My stomach grumbled violently", "I'm starving","I feel exhausted", "I feel extremely tired", "My head pounds", "My head throbs", "My head hurts", "I feel dizzy", "I feel light-headed", "I feel faint", "I feel unsteady", "My stomach grumbles", "I'm feeling hungry", "I want to eat something", "I feel hungry"

Thirst

When you're thirsty, you see these messages:

"I feel tired", "I feel run-down", "I feel worn-out", "I feel like taking a nap", "My mouth feels dry", "I feel thirsty", "I'm thirsty", "I need a drink", "I feel like having a drink", "I want to drink something"

When you're dehydrated, you see these messages:

"My mouth feels dry", "My head pounds", "My head throbs", "My head hurts", "I feel dizzy", "I feel light-headed", "I feel faint", "I feel unsteady", "I feel exhausted", "I feel extremely tired", "I feel thirsty", "I'm thirsty", "I need a drink", "I feel like having a drink", "I want to drink something"

Being Stuffed

You can also eat and drink too much and overfill your stomach. Once you see these messages, if you keep eating or drinking, you're probably going to end up vomiting.

Would be nice to give us some kind of indicator of how hungry or how thirsty the character is

trying to find a server that will allow me to move

looks like there was an update and now you have to

1) figure out why your game is not working

2) find a server that will respond (correct version in corralation to what your running)

3) find a server that has a "lighter" setting for darkness so you might be abble to see and move arround

Would be nice to give us some kind of indicator of how hungry or how thirsty the character is

Yep, icon system was better then this textbase crap shit. ;)

For now it is mission impossible to treat the "Tamagotchi" right. It feels like the system is totaly broken. You can drink & eat the Tamagotchi howls the whole time...i don´t have the feeling of playing dayz i have the feeling of playing...

5n4292ok.jpg

...DayZmagotchi :D :D :D

Edited by DaGolem

does any1 know the time i have to sit (after filling up on food) in order to regain health?

does any1 know the time i have to sit (after filling up on food) in order to regain health?

& do i HAVE to be full of food for sit/regain to start working?

Is there any identifiable way to know if you're meeting the requirements to be gaining health other than waiting for at least half an hour to see if there are any visual changes?  There's now an indicator for when you're hungry/thirsty, but still no way of knowing if you're full?  You get some text if you're stuffed, but nothing saying whether you're fully hydrated?  And how quickly do you lose energy/hydration if you're just standing still?

I ate and drank until I got messages saying I was close to throwing up and then waited around for an hour and my screen is still gray, which I thought was due to low health but now I just have no idea what the game is trying to tell me.  This UI is ridiculous.

• Like 1

if my avatar is LOUDLY moaning and groaning and wont SHUT UP  then what is wrong with it?

make a text based diagnosis system, then dont follow through?

seriously. im missing something here.

and my screen is totaly grey no matter how much i eat and drink!!

whats going on?!?

Edited by calemus

Read this first:

[recursive link removed]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy
merged

Hey guys, wondering if someone can clear this up for me.

I understand we have alerts for being hungry / thirsty (message wise and inventory display) - however my question is, how are you supposed to know if your low on energy? Am I to assume this should never happen as long as you are not hungry or thirsty?

I know there are new changes'; health and blood. Also I know your screen changes colour due to being low on 'something'. Should we assume this is low on blood? and if so.. is there an indicator for health; does it produce the same effect as being low on blood or is this something that should be 'generalised' on blood and your nourished status.

Am I missing something?

Edited by WifWaf
  • Like 1

Hey guys, wondering if someone can clear this up for me.

I understand we have alerts for being hungry / thirsty (message wise and inventory display) - however my question is, how are you supposed to know if your low on energy? Am I to assume this should never happen as long as you are not hungry or thirsty?

I know there are new changes'; health and blood. Also I know your screen changes colour due to being low on 'something'. Should we assume this is low on blood? and if so.. is there an indicator for health; does it produce the same effect as being low on blood or is this something that should be 'generalised' on blood and your nourished status.

Am I missing something?

i'm bumping WifWaf's last post.

i need to understand why the screen is grey when i am totaly full of food and water, and i my avatar is maoning and groaning,,& totaly rested

• Like 1

i'm bumping WifWaf's last post.

i need to understand why the screen is grey when i am totaly full of food and water, and i my avatar is maoning and groaning,,& totaly rested

You might be sick