Sign in to follow this  
Xianyu

Loot distribution is all wrong

As said before, once they get hordes of zombies in game getting military base etc loot won't be that simple.

Just hopefully that stuff will be handled within a month or so, not too long.

Edited by Vembumees

u didn get the memmo? apparenty a large group of nudiest colonies have taken over the zombie appoc. they have left nothing but their clothes throughout the world and horded/took all the water. hah :D

Edited by BigCountry

I think the key to balancing the civilian and military weapons is the cost of upkeep.

Assault rifles should degrade faster, break easier, and eat much rarer ammunition than their civilian counterparts.

An M4 with 10 bullets against a sporting rifle or shotgun with five times the ammunition could be a decently fair match.

Plus, this might create a little more variety in weapon composition within groups. If everyone can keep their M4Acog fed, everyone will use M4s. The choice in which weapon to take should be complex.

But it's an alpha. In a year they will start the real balancing act.

a year?!? I most certainly hope not LOL

Edited by BigCountry

M4...Must be removed...Pls replace wit AK, Volvo plaz fix

Good point.  We're in Russia.  Where are the AKs? :P

Says very clearly in the warning that loot balance is off. There was also an announcement before the alpha was released. You can't moan about something you were warned about beforehand.

Uhm, so you would have everyone who ever plays the alpha ever 'stop crying and get over it'? I'm afraid that's not the point of a fucking alpha.

Holy shit you must have some serious cognitive dissonance going on up there.

On one hand you say 'it's not fully developed' and then the other you say 'so shut the fuck up'. Those two ideas do not go hand-in-hand.

If everyone just 'stopped crying and got over it' then there wouldn't need to be an alpha, would there? The entire point of the alpha is to find balance and eradicate bugs. And I'm saying right now, there is no balance.

The military areas are spawning too many weapons, attachments, medical supplies, and everything else. They are basically a guaranteed stop for not only weapons, but ammunition and medical supplies as well. And the people who gear up at the military areas are almost untouchable for anyone who doesn't. Weapons spawn too sparsely in civilian areas for anybody to effectively combat someone who spent ten minutes in a military area.

By spending ten minutes in a military area, a player basically makes themselves untouchable to the other players. Watch some streams. From what I hear it's just guys with silenced M4s picking off helpless other players who are armed only with axes. Which is the kind of thing that Rocket was apparently trying to steer the standalone away from.

But this problem is going to exist even with an introduction of hordes of zombies. Because the military spots are spawning weapons and ammunition at a rate exponentionally higher than any other area in the game.

People who want to kill other players will just run to the military areas, gear up, and go hunt players. And because of the fact that military areas are the only areas that actually have weapons and ammo in them, they're going to be completely uncontested.

In the mod, you could go to a barn and pick up a dinner bell. You could wander off to a fire station and get a shotgun. You could find pistols and whatnot with some regularity in residential areas.

But as of this moment there is no dynamic. Period. You either search a hundred buildings in the weak hope of finding a weapon and ammunition, or you go, unarmed, into a military area.

Wanna guess how that'll end? Spend ten minutes in balota on any server for some idea. Don't worry. I'll wait.

BTW I have put the game down. Until 3AM tonight. When the sun comes up.

But I have an M4, a pistol, food, water, and medical supplies. So it's not like I need to really loot anything any more. I'm at the current 'end game' after ten minutes in a military base. That's not right.

And if no one says it's not right, it'll never get fixed.

AMigos.  This guy is COMPLETELY and entirely ACCURATE AND DEAD ON.  I LOVE him for mentioning this.  I love him for UNDERSTANDING that this IS an ALPHA and that NOW, in alpha, IT IIIIIIIIIS the time to make posts like this to ...you know...do the ALPHA thing and ...oh I dunno, gather ALPHA FEEDBACK and state our cases so that the game can be molded into WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANTS.   Which definitely is not to have to have every single person run straight to a military camp.  

Hopefully the alpha will end up dumping some civilian weapons and guns into a  few more homes and city areas so that it is all spread out and more fun to loot EVERYWHERE instead of mostly military bases.

AMEN.  This guy for president.  Support this dude.

Oh and where the mother fuck is ghostbusters 3 already duderz!??!

Things I would like to see changed:

1) Mosin Nagant ammo more common

2) Mosin Nagant is one shot kill (it takes skill to use a one shot weapon, and it should be loud like the enfield in the mod).

3) Military Bases swarming with zombies and zombie horde mode turned on (after optimization)

4) Additional civilian weapons such as pistols, AKs, shotguns, hunting rifles added to various civilian official buildings as well as some civilian houses and barns.

5) Additional military based weapons and items added to military bases

6) The return of randomly spawning military and civilian official helicopter crash sites

This should hopefully make it far more dangerous to open fire in a military base which will make bandits think twice before randomly shooting people.

Military bases could almost become a sort of dungeon scenario where it is best tackled with a group of people with different roles, working as a team with a plan.

People who don't want to risk the military bases have access to equipment too to survive.

Those are just some of my person hopes! :)

Is crafting defences in the game yet? Such as barbed wire/sandbag walls?

Edited by Lancer 2-2

The SA was supposed to be hard core survival.Every steam so far Iv seen,they are fully kitted out,ARs,scopes,silencers,sniper rifles shite loads of ammo,food then KOS.Nothing has changed or is any different from other mods.

Im not buying its alpha excuse,Its deliberate

To get sales it has to appeal to the codkiddie that will make up 90% of sales,get gun(the only danger here is tripping over them and breaking a leg) and then "noobs gonna get PWNED Brah",die rinse&repeat.

OR WE ARE TESTING THE WEAPONS.

The devs increased the spawn rate to gather data on the weapons. That is also why there is only the M4 as an assault rifle. 
Your argument looses any credibility about appealing to COD kids when there is only one military weapon in the game. 
This is not a game for your enjoyment right now. Rocket has made that abundantly clear. If you are too brain dead to read and comprehend then there is no helping you. 
Please leave the SA will be better with out you. 
Edited by WastelandSamurai