Sign in to follow this  
Seanayy

So whats gonna happen with the night cycle?

So i love how everything has turned out but i havent seen day time yet. The night time experience is great but gets a little boring looking threw the dark constantly. Is it gonna get reduced or have daytime/nightime servers etc?

I agree, I haven't been able to see day, either. I'd love to see some servers that are all day.

I agree, I haven't been able to see day, either. I'd love to see some servers that are all day.

It's always daytime in HALO.

We will be addressing solutions for this, however because simulation is explicitly tied with the world time is it is not a trivial fix, and therefore something that has to be carefully planned, executed, and tested. Will keep you informed when we start on this.

• Like 4

it's even worse just now because it's winter so the day cycle is really short... Just need to get up at like 7:30am

I understand the immersion factor of it all and i think its great what their trying to do but it think its a bit to much immersion.

We will be addressing solutions for this, however because simulation is explicitly tied with the world time is it is not a trivial fix, and therefore something that has to be carefully planned, executed, and tested. Will keep you informed when we start on this.

Sounds good. Love everything ive seen so far and the game runs perfect. This is start of a long, victorious road for this game.

I guess since I have a job ill be playing NightZ . Shame to, such a beautiful game and envoirment, but it wont be enjoyed because things are black/white.

And all the ppl that jack there gamma and brightness up, force the ppl that dont wanna do it, to do it. If they dont they will be at a huge disadvantage.

The night time wouldnt be that bad if the lighting was reworked, hope they fix that up.

• Like 1

why cant u just have servers in each region of the world be set to their actual time ?

its crazy that every game server has the exact same time in game...

why cant u just have servers in each region of the world be set to their actual time ?

its crazy that every game server has the exact same time in game...

Fucking this.  God damnit Rocket..this.  it's such a simple solution.  It makes perfect sense, this is someone a lot of people have been saying since the mod launched yet everyone is still stuck playing in the fucking GMT time zone.  It's unfair to people who have jobs and can't play at 3 AM.

The night and day cycle is perfect. Just give us servers that have different time zones in our areas please. No need for night and day to be sped up.

The night and day cycle is perfect. Just give us servers that have different time zones in our areas please. No need for night and day to be sped up.

Wrong. The current 12 hour cycle pretty much means everyone is stuck playing either day or night. Most people only play at a certain time every day, so they are always going to be fucked unless the night/day cycle is 2/4 hours.  I know everyone is going to be like "OMG 12 HRS SO REALISTIC" Who gives a fuck? Really? At least a shorter cycle would give people some variability.

I frankly dont give a crap about a realistic 24 hour day. I work for a living, and I would find it complete bullshit if since I dont get home till its already dark, I would only be able to play at night.

• Like 1

well i really like shorter cycles so everyone will be able to play in day and nigth without sacrifice the ping, and i really think the nigth sould have some colors its boring a full black and white nigth.

and even worse are the 24/7 dayligth servers.

I think anything other than a 24 hour day night cycle ruins the immersion and quality.

So many people bring up this argument, but really that's only true if everyone was playing 24/7... maybe taking 6-8 hr breaks to sleep. And I find it more immersion breaking that once the sun goes down everyone in the server leaves to find daylight again, leaving me alone in the world with the occasional server hopper stopping by for 15 seconds.