sesan4899

My first experience

Okay so I bought the standalone with high hopes nad got into a game. I ran around for an entire friggin hour in the pitchblack with my flashlight being a dead duck, just going straight from one house to another and I havent found a single thing. And yes I am looking hard enough, I have been scrutinizing eveyr single corner in atleast 100 buildning. Oh yeah, I haven't seen a single zombie either, I have heard a lot of noises though. Not a single player have show up yet and im bored to hell. Is something wrong, or is this really it?

Quote from store page:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Okay so I bought the standalone with high hopes nad got into a game. I ran around for an entire friggin hour in the pitchblack with my flashlight being a dead duck, just going straight from one house to another and I havent found a single thing. And yes I am looking hard enough, I have been scrutinizing eveyr single corner in atleast 100 buildning. Oh yeah, I haven't seen a single zombie either, I have heard a lot of noises though. Not a single player have show up yet and im bored to hell. Is something wrong, or is this really it?

1 word..

ALPHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everythings work in progress.

Yeah im fully aware that its an alpha, but I have seen livestreams and such where players loot and kills zombies, so I am wondering what the problem for me is?

zombie and loot spawns are inconsistent at the moment.  Sometimes you'll find nothing, others you'll find loot out the wazoo.  Also depends if it's been looted before.  And zombie counts are just generally low right now, just part of the alpha for now.   I have heard from people there are more inland, but I can't speak to the truth of that.  If you aren't finding absolutely anything, try playing on a different server.

If you want a more consistent game, play the mod for now, which is actually the forum you posted this in, and not the standalone one.