jjeez

Is 3rd person really going away?

May i ask what the problem is?

If you want 1st only, well join a server with those

If you want 3rd option, well join a server with that

I fail to see the problem, you got the same option as them in the server, i fail to see why as to remove it.

Want hardcore? Join hardcore and let the other be for the more "casual(s)" then.

Inb4noob

carrying the l85 with the TWS scope in first person will be torture.

Why should that go away? I like playing third person when running around in the woods. Wouldnt be the same for me when I m forced to 1st person. Let the Server admins decide and the players choose. Stop trying to force others at your own playstyle.

Leave 3rd person. There is no reason to take it away. I will do my stress factor a favor and not read or respond to the "people" who complain about the "REALISM" of it.

I really hope 3rd person stays. The wobbly screen and close up blurs realy hurt my eyes and give me headaches, I play strictly in 3rd person to prevent this. I hope it stays and the people trying to force playstyles think of others that have medical conditions.

fyi, keep in mind you can reduce the shaking in 1st person under game options.

I absolutely love this game and I would probably quit playing if they took away 3rd person. I don't know what it is but I actually get really dizzy when playing in 1st person. I understand the looking around corners problem, but even with head bob on I just can't play the game with 1st person.

head bob off* ^

I say let the admin decide which version he wants on his server' date=' as it is now.

There are plenty server with and without 3rd or crosshair or day/nighttime.

Everyone can select the type of gaming he wants by selecting the right server with the right settings for himself.

[/quote']

Agreed and well laid out reply to the subject.

^numpad enter on some servers..also i love 3rd person server with no crosshairs not that i dont go 1st person for shooting and looting but 3rd person is som much better running around.

Ok this is a noob question but how do i switch between 1st and 3rd person?

Numpad Enter

I'm ok with 1st person only. Played plenty of mods with 3rd turned of, you need to get used to it but it's big fun. 3rd person makes it too easy.

I almost always play in first-person, except when i'm prone. It does feel as though i'm cheating a bit when doing that though. Crawling in prone is so much easier in third-person - you can see everything around you.

Honestly this game is already hard enough, and I really enjoyed playing in third person please bring it back. I wont bother typing why I want third person back as plenty of reasons have been given already

Not likely. But personally' date=' i would like to see all the servers have the same rules, no 3rd person & no crosshair.

[/quote']

I'd love all servers to be 3rd person and crosshair ON.

There's nothing realistic about turning it off, the 1st person feels weird and who the hell can miss a target 3 feet away in real life?

Ok thanks for the info ill try 3rd person next time i play so far though ive played purely 1st person ( for obvious reasons lol ) and its been good. Mostly just wana know how to do it cause others can do it lol.

This video is relevant to this discussion, it's Jan Prazak (Arma2 PR guy) going over the basic A2 controls and he starts talking about 3rd person mode at 2:27:

If you are lazy here is the quote:

Some people feel a 3rd person view is not realistic. However it's not as simple as that' date=' because the 3rd person view gives you a much better feeling of your body as it fits into the game. In the real world you have a broader field of view as well as being able to feel objects with your body, such as how close you are to a building or wall. Of course you also have far more peripheral vision in real life. [i']So in fact I would even say the 3rd person view is in some aspects more realistic than a first person view in terms of the world you see around you. So it's very good to have both options.

1st person view is no more "realistic" than 3rd if you actually think about it, they both are pretty unrealistic for many reasons. I think people should be able to choose between 3rd/1st person servers if they want.

I hope they get rid of 3rd person. I never use it cause I only play FPS games. The excuses people wrote here are lame. Also the threats of quiting the game for good if 3rd person is removed is humorous.

1st person view is no more "realistic" than 3rd if you actually think about it' date=' they both are pretty unrealistic for many reasons.

[/quote']

Yep. In real life I can see the rest of my body, not just half my arms.

Basically in 1st person you see a lot less than you could in real life, and in 3rd person you see a lot more than you could in real life.

This video is relevant to this discussion' date=' it's Jan Prazak (Arma2 PR guy) going over the basic A2 controls and he starts talking about 3rd person mode at 2:27:

If you are lazy here is the quote:

Some people feel a 3rd person view is not realistic. However it's not as simple as that, because the 3rd person view gives you a much better feeling of your body as it fits into the game. In the real world you have a broader field of view as well as being able to feel objects with your body, such as how close you are to a building or wall. Of course you also have far more peripheral vision in real life. So in fact I would even say the 3rd person view is in some aspects more realistic than a first person view in terms of the world you see around you. So it's very good to have both options.

1st person view is no more "realistic" than 3rd if you actually think about it, they both are pretty unrealistic for many reasons. I think people should be able to choose between 3rd/1st person servers if they want.

Exactly, I am aware of my body in real life, I can feel things in real life and I can hear things behind me/around corners in real life (I don't have a fancy surround sound setup on my PC.) Third person is just as realistic as 1st really.

I hope they get rid of 3rd person. I never use it cause I only play FPS games. The excuses people wrote here are lame. Also the threats of quiting the game for good if 3rd person is removed is humorous.

Just because you don't use it, nobody should be allowed? Nice logic, ass. Stick to first person restricted servers, and don't push your subjective views on others.

if they remove 3rd person that will be gg for me. 1st person gives me a fucking headache in this game

Just because you don't use it' date=' nobody should be allowed? Nice logic, ass. Stick to first person restricted servers, and don't push your subjective views on others.

[/quote']

Obviously hasn't had a British 50cal which takes up half ur screen

Obviously hasn't had a British 50cal which takes up half ur screen

Yeah, really.

inb4 "switch to your secondary then"

If I want to play in 3rd person, I'll find a server that allows 3rd person. If you don't like it, find a 1st person server and quit bitching about what server settings I enjoy.