Sign in to follow this  
d4wn

[IMPROVE] Day/Night Cicle - DayZ - SA

Hello,

please improve the day/night cicle on the server, there are a lot of ppl who can play this game just at night.

A lot of us working over the whole day and we have no chance to play this game in daytime.

Thank you

• Like 5

I do agree wit this but not a game breaker.  I'll play during the day on the weekends.

I also like cheese.

Hello,

please improve the day/night cicle on the server, there are a lot of ppl who can play this game just at night.

A lot of us working over the whole day and we have no chance to play this game in daytime.

Thank you

*Singed* 6 hour cycle would be good enough.

Edited by Sloddor

*EDIT* DERP, wasn't really thinking right about what I said, kinda went the wrong direction with it.

Edited by Maxgor

Where are most of the servers based? Seems to be they need to get out some US servers I'm guessing if they aren't already which would fix most folks problems, or release servers with the time settings backwards? So if the UK guys want nighttime, they can play there, and those on a different time can play when it is during the day.

For ping's sake, people should generally be playing servers on their own continents, if not in their own regions. People shouldn't have to log onto an overseas server just to see the light of day.

Edited by Ham_Sandwich27

For ping's sake, people should generally be playing servers on their own continents, if not in their own regions. People shouldn't have to log onto an overseas server just to see the light of day.

Actually disregard what I said above, kinda was thinking about it totally wrong lol

I agree. I hate how when I get home from work, I am pretty much guaranteed 4 hours of night on any US east server until late at night. Make the cycles shorter so I can at least enjoy some day time play before 10-11pm...

don't change the cycles. just make some servers offset by 12 hours or whatever. 

Nights should atleast become shorter. Like OP said. Its ridiculous people are forced to play at night because they have no time to play during the day.

This was a problem when the dayz mod started.

A 6 hour day/night would seem best IMO

Nights should atleast become shorter. Like OP said. Its ridiculous people are forced to play at night because they have no time to play during the day.

This was a problem when the dayz mod started.

A 6 hour day/night would seem best IMO

that really wouldn't solve anything if the time you have to play is still within that 6 hours of darkness

im signing this too.....I actually work during the day and I dont want to play 100% of the game at night.  FIX IT!

Ive already said this, at the moment i believe the current state is good.

The game isn't going to make nights shorter just because it makes the game harder. Its a realistic survival game, with a realistic emphasis on Night and Day.

Good Night.

-Wolfy

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus

I agree. I hate how when I get home from work, I am pretty much guaranteed 4 hours of night on any US east server until late at night. Make the cycles shorter so I can at least enjoy some day time play before 10-11pm...

EVERYONE! Right now it's in alpha, once it's fully released, there will be servers of all times running. Wait it out ffs and post things that are helpful, not just complaining about how it's hard for you to play. You could just wait until release.

I get frustrated with the night time bullcrap as well but i'm not on here complaining about it.

i dont get it... last night when i played at night on my nearby servers it was night in the game... now im playing in the day and the servers are still at night...

The Day/Night cycle won't change until people start getting their own public hives and only if the settings allow it. The justification of "I work during the day", I really don't see as an excuse. Doesn't 90% of the population?

Solution, find a server that is in it's daylight hours with a relatively good ping when you want to play and stick with it. It will be that simple once they get the server TZ's sorted because at the moment the Day/Night cycle is a bit wonky.

What I think is going on, is people just want the 24/7 Daylight servers(or a variation thereof) because they just don't want to deal with night time. Suck it up cos the game is only going to get harder.