Rockingwolf96

Things i think need changing in the standalone

So ive played the standalone now for about 4 hours and ive found things i love and things i hate

1. i love the fact that i can put things on my gun E.G bipod, scope ETC

2. I Hate the new inventory with a passion i think the new drag and drop is really bad and i wish the old inventory from arma 2 was put in here as it was alot better and easer to ues i like to be able to see everyting in one plase and not having to keep draging and drop everyting in my inventory i want the old system back where i can click a button and it will go into my inventory and i can see everything one plase and not keep going up and down to find something i want

3. the back packs. i hate the new backback system and it should be drowned in the sea and replaced with the old system. also the new backpacks look like a 2 year old child made them the fealing of haveing a coyote backpack was briliant but i dont want a school bag on my back. but one thing i do like is being able to have a vest pack and a back pack that is someting that sould be kept.

4. i dont like that i cant zoom in wilst ADS but thats something i can live with for a while

the main thing i hate is the inventory system please bring back the old system

Dan.

I love new new UI. Nothing about it needs to be changed whatsoever besides maybe fancying it up a bit. You can now run AND look at your inventory. Fucking awesome.

How about try it for more than a day before complaining about it?

Edited by OfficerRaymond

It's not been out 1 day yet, give it time. The inventory is much better than the Arma2 version, it will become 2nd nature in a week.

I love most of it, I understand it is very early days for this "game"

So ive played the standalone now for about 4 hours and ive found things i love and things i hate

1. i love the fact that i can put things on my gun E.G bipod, scope ETC

2. I Hate the new inventory with a passion i think the new drag and drop is really bad and i wish the old inventory from arma 2 was put in here as it was alot better and easer to ues i like to be able to see everyting in one plase and not having to keep draging and drop everyting in my inventory i want the old system back where i can click a button and it will go into my inventory and i can see everything one plase and not keep going up and down to find something i want

3. the back packs. i hate the new backback system and it should be drowned in the sea and replaced with the old system. also the new backpacks look like a 2 year old child made them the fealing of haveing a coyote backpack was briliant but i dont want a school bag on my back. but one thing i do like is being able to have a vest pack and a back pack that is someting that sould be kept.

4. i dont like that i cant zoom in wilst ADS but thats something i can live with for a while

Dan.

You can double click items you dont have to drag and drop it...

Seriously? OLD Inventory system?

Geez dude ''I don't want school backpack on my bag'' you're  a fool i gotta tell you that..

Acting like 5year old BUT MUM I DON'T WANT IT I DON'T LIKE IT BEEEEEEEEEE! - If you don't want school backpack on your back, don't take it, how simple.

They definitely will add more backpacks in the future, same for weapons etc..

Jesus, seriosly stop complaining about stuff you don't like the game's out for 1day like the other guys above said. 

You'll get used to it.

Edited by OntyCZE

You mean the main thing everyone hated in the Mod? No thanks. The new inventory system is much more usable and intuitive.

As an Aside, the backpacks look like they do because that is what real life civilian backpacks look like. Camping and hiking backpacks are brightly colored so if you are lost and they need to find you, you can be spotted. This is the model one of the backpacks is based off of:

osprey_talon_44_moonlight_blue_fr.jpgosprey_talon_44_7_1.jpg

And here is another model:

osprey_talon_22_spicychili_fr.jpg

Notice anything?

• Like 3

Have to say, I disagree pretty strongly here - I like the new inventory system a lot - it's much more intuitive and easy to grasp than the ARMA system.

As for the backpacks, I don't have a problem with them - like OntyCZE said, the ones currently in the game are just the tip of the iceberg - there's going to be plenty more down the line.

You can double click items you dont have to drag and drop it...

Seriously? OLD Inventory system?

Geez dude ''I don't want school backpack on my bag'' you're  a fool i gotta tell you that..

Acting like 5year old BUT MUM I DON'T WANT IT I DON'T LIKE IT BEEEEEEEEEE! - If you don't want school backpack on your back, don't take it, how simple.

They definitely will add more backpacks in the future, same for weapons etc..

Jesus, seriosly stop complaining about stuff you don't like the game's out for 1day like the other guys above said. 

You'll get used to it.

Oh im sorry this is a forum that the devs want people to post what they think of the game so far this could all change very soon this is just my OPINION

Proudly sporting one of the new PINK backpacks.  Im not an Spec-ops Rambo.  I'm a survivor in a Zombie apocolypse, I'll use whatever I find to stay alive.

• Like 1

Oh im sorry this is a forum that the devs want people to post what they think of the game so far this could all change very soon this is just my OPINION

Yes and equally they want the people who do like the changes to speak up as well. 

new inventory is awesome if a bit buggy, I will admit to being confused at first until I figured out that the red X puts things back in your backpack.

You can't zoom in ADS because it's more realistic that way.

new inventory is awesome if a bit buggy, I will admit to being confused at first until I figured out that the red X puts things back in your backpack.

Yeah, I think UI-wise it could perhaps be a little clearer, and I'd like a more efficient way of opening storage cases and first-aid kits than the current method of having to drop them on the floor, take out the item you want, use it, put it back and then pick it up again, but as has been typed about a million times on these forums in the past 21 or so hours - it's an Alpha. They'll figure it out in time.

Yeah, I think UI-wise it could perhaps be a little clearer, and I'd like a more efficient way of opening storage cases and first-aid kits than the current method of having to drop them on the floor, take out the item you want, use it, put it back and then pick it up again, but as has been typed about a million times on these forums in the past 21 or so hours - it's an Alpha. They'll figure it out in time.

I believe they actually WANT it to be that way. It's a bit realistic. You pull the container out and open it then pull things out of it. During that time the container is not in your backpack or shirt, it is very literally out and on the "ground" in front of you. 

The main thing I don't like is the constant care my guy needs, Every 20ish seconds he is complaining, even after resting, drinking and eating, I feel as if they need to decrease the time that your guy gets tired, thirsty and hungry. Feel like we're survivors but are 80 years old

Can't believe anybody would want the old A2 inventory back?? :S Was like having your fingers broken with a mallet every time you used it. The new system is SO much more fluid and enjoyable to use. 

it should be drowned in the sea...

the new backpacks look like a 2 year old child made them....

uhg...

I believe they actually WANT it to be that way. It's a bit realistic. You pull the container out and open it then pull things out of it. During that time the container is not in your backpack or shirt, it is very literally out and on the "ground" in front of you. 

Yeah, I did wonder that as I typed it, and from a realism point of view I kind of see where they're coming from, but it just seems like a lot of pointless mouse-work from a usability point of view.

Can't believe anybody would want the old A2 inventory back?? :S Was like having your fingers broken with a mallet every time you used it. The new system is SO much more fluid and enjoyable to use. 

It certainly avoids the, "Crap I thought I had 10 slots free but I only had 9 and now I just disintegrated my rifle."