OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

nice info!

jesus chrsit 4.6 ghz stock on a 4770k??? i want one!

you could OC that to 5ghz or more with little effort and a mid-high end GPU and SA would get a whopping 70 fps lol

First post -

Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1440x900

CPU: Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20 GHz

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420 - 2GB DDR3

RAM: 6GB DDR3

SSD? No

I'd be really grateful if somebody would tell me how well it could run DayZ.

Mates, can I play Dayz with acceptable FPS?

Monitor resolution 1920 * 1080

CPU : Intel i7 950 : 3.07GHZ

RAM : 12GB Tri channel 1633Mhz or w/e

Gfx : Nvidia GTX660Ti

Windows 7 home premium SP1

Edited by Romm

Type: Laptop

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

CPU:  Intel I7-4700MQ : up to 3.4GHz w/ Intel Turbo Boost

Graphics Card:  Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M

Ram:  16GB Dual Channel DDR3L @ 1600MHz

SSD:  yes

My laptop is a version of an Alienware 17 (I know it isn't a popular brand here).  Please let me know if there are specs i'm missing.  I don't know very much about pcs, i'm in the midst of trying to teach myself.  Thanks.

cownado LOL @ that GPU...420 hahah (just the 420 part im laughing at, childish i know..)

its a powerful card...but not a gaming card.

you should be ok to play low-medium at an acceptable FPS...but i dont know about that video card im just guessing it will work ok. evertying else is ok...the CPU speed could be upped a bit maybe, depending how savvy you are

Romm hells ya! i got the same system cept my processor is 4.25 ghz...but your gfx card is better...so you will be around 25-30 fps in cities and 55 fps outside of

Swurvy, should be fine dude. not the best ever, but it will be decent fps on medium-high

Edited by deebz1234

about the same setup as me.

i7 930 though @ 4.25 and 1 570...

i would have thought you could squeeze a few more fps than me with those in SLI...but maybe SA isnt using SLI yet?

you should be able to overclock that to 4.5 very easily. provided you have water cooler.

SLI FIX:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205916418

and optimize your launch params/config file and you should surpass 60 fps

Thanks for the tip! i have a corsair water 2.0 closed circuit so i will try to go higher. yeah it doesnt seem to be using SLI effectively yet...

CPU: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz 

RAM: 2.1 GB

OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002) 32-Bit

Video Card: 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO

Sound Card: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Low-med settings?

Desktop or laptop? Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366x768

CPU: AMD A10-5757M 2.5GHz Quad-Core

Graphics card: 2 GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 8750M

RAM:*8GB DDR3

SSD? (Yes/No) No

How much FPS at a 1280x720 Resolution at Low-Medium settings no AA.

Edited by Domination25565

What kind of fps will I get with my setup? On medium-high

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

25~35 on cities, 50~60 average everywhere.

OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002) 32-Bit

Low-med settings?

Nothing, you can't play this game.

laptop:

CPU: Intel mobile core 2 duo @2.26 (only 4% difference from the minimum 2.4 on benchmark)

RAM: 3GB

Graphics card: Geforce 9600m GT

Wife's laptop I'd like to buy her the game. War Thunder runs really well on it - that and world of tanks are pretty much all that's on it.

Would really like to know by the end of the day.

laptop:

CPU: Intel mobile core 2 duo @2.26 (only 4% difference from the minimum 2.4 on benchmark)

Wife's laptop I'd like to buy her the game. War Thunder runs really well on it - that and world of tanks are pretty much all that's on it.

Just used http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/DesktopApp to see if the game could work with the laptop - it can't.

I'm fairly clueless about comps - Why with such an ancient engine is the game such a pig to run??

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

nice info!

jesus chrsit 4.6 ghz stock on a 4770k??? i want one!

you could OC that to 5ghz or more with little effort and a mid-high end GPU and SA would get a whopping 70 fps lol

It is obviously OCd to 4,6 :) I was up and sniffing at 4,9, but it owuldnt stay stable and the temperatures were not in my comfort zone.

laptop:

Would not recommend purchasing the game to run on that system. I'd estimate 5-10 FPS on "very low" settings with heavy config tweaking. More or less unplayable.

It's simple, the game has a poor optimisation, so don't buy it if your PC have low/mid specs.

Low-med settings?

not at all...no chance sorry

Its not that simple...game is an open world 200 some odd kilometer sandbox with tons of server side things happening and ideally over 50 people per server.

like the mod, it really takes a fair amount of computer to play. SA works better for some than others, i find it runs not as good as the mod. That being said its base alpha and not yet optimized to its potential. Give it time, as alpha typically is the stabilizing stage.

Crysis 3 / bf 4 are linear in comparison and can probably be played on low settings on those systems. Also remember they are backed by huge gaming companies that start development with half a billion dollars...not throw out an alpha and charge half price...

It is obviously OCd to 4,6 :) I was up and sniffing at 4,9, but it owuldnt stay stable and the temperatures were not in my comfort zone.

Ahhh ok makes sense...i think you could sniff closer to 5. Try HT off...unless you use your rig for video editing and other high intensity stuff.

Just test it...i was unstable with HT on, read with my rig it would help to turn off and im stable 24+ hours now @ 4.25 on an OOOOLD i7

then again life is good where you are and you can play any game including SA at great fps.

Edited by deebz1234

laptop:

Would not recommend purchasing the game to run on that system. I'd estimate 5-10 FPS on "very low" settings with heavy config tweaking. More or less unplayable.

agreed...those specs on a pc would be nearly unplayable. I have a core 2 duo pc with a radeon low profile (cant remember which but its better than my gtx 460) and the CPU is just not enough for SA or the Mod...mod is like 20-25 fps at best and SA is near the same.

Played for like 20 minutes and I was doing fine, but didn't go into cities so idk :s

Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel core i7 2630QM 2.0GHz

Graphics card: Getforce GTX 560m 2gb dedicated

RAM: 12GB

No SSD

Played for like 20 minutes and I was doing fine, but didn't go into cities so idk :s

Laptop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: Intel core i7 2630QM 2.0GHz
Graphics card: Getforce GTX 560m 2gb dedicated
RAM: 12GB
No SSD

You should be alright for the most part, but the CPU especially is a bit lacking. You may start to suffer in cities.

Edited by Mos1ey

You should be alright for the most part, but the CPU especially is a bit lacking. You may start to suffer in cities.

Will I get around 15-20 fps ? That's around what I used to get on the mod. Sometimes went up to 30 in cities if my computer felt nice.

Student life, can't afford gaming laptop every year ahah

Will I get around 15-20 fps ? That's around what I used to get on the mod. Sometimes went up to 30 in cities if my computer felt nice.

Student life, can't afford gaming laptop every year ahah

Yeah, I would have thought so. You might want to look at altering a few values (scene complexity, render distance, etc.) in your config, but there's a topic on here that can help you with all that. I'll have a look for it.

EDIT: Here you go...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

You'd be much better off with desktops, you could build a machine as powerful as your laptop for well under 400 quid I would have thought.

Edited by Mos1ey

Yeah, but I need a laptop ( to move from college --> home --> college ... ), and no space for a deskop. I've never had problems with laptop as well. At least I got the minimum setting I think, so I hope I,ll be able to run it fine ( was able to run wasteland fine back in the arma 2 days, not dayz at high though XD ). So far so good at least. Might have problems after 1-2 hours because of the heat.

Ahhh ok makes sense...i think you could sniff closer to 5. Try HT off...unless you use your rig for video editing and other high intensity stuff.

Just test it...i was unstable with HT on, read with my rig it would help to turn off and im stable 24+ hours now @ 4.25 on an OOOOLD i7

then again life is good where you are and you can play any game including SA at great fps.

Its stable at 4,6 with HT at 1,26 with a max temperature at 65 at normal use, topped out at 79 during stresstests, so Im pretty happy with that:)

As for 5Ghz, thats just for the e-penis in my opinion :P

Waiting for my MSI 780 now, then ill post back with some results.