Sign in to follow this  
ilivetogame

Death from invisible player

I'm assuming it was a player that killed me. Walking around in a building, no one around, I wasn't near walls or doors, no zombies. Then I get a concussion, then a broken leg, then dead...

WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!

It already happened to me once, he was invisible right next to me shooting.

I THINK that it's because they didn't have the latest Beta/DayZ versions, many players were reporting being invisible on 3rd person.

2 guys on our mumble spawned with this, one of them could jump off buildings and live! They had to respawn and both their games were up to date !

Yes, it's an invisibility/invincibility bug. It happened to me when I had 1.7.1.4 and was one beta patch behind. I haven't heard of any complaints from people running 1.7.1.5, so if you're not there already, you could try updating to that to get away from them.

On the plus side, the hive server never saved my new location or items, so he probably won't get to keep any of the stuff he took.

I'm up to date 1.7.1.5... The server shouldn't allow you to play if you're not up to date... it's garbage. I had just started a new character and had just found a malakov and 6 mags and an enfield with a few mags and plenty of food/water and other basic survival needs...

a little P.O.'d, but i'll get over it i guess...