Sign in to follow this  
PhaDlaDy

How do you bunker your stuff?

Just currious, best way seems to hide an backpack at an well hidden location?

Ok, secound character is only possible if you buy a secound day-Z alpha? But i guess it's the best solution, i guess if a server will be reseted, all your backpacks are gone.

There currently is no way to store items so they will survive a restart. The only way to keep gear is to have it on your body and not die. :)

PhaDlaDy: That's right. You need to buy a second DayZ with a different steam account. I have not tried it in Standalone. I always liked to have some backup gear stashed on my lootmule. Biggest problem is how to give gear to the mule. I always did it using my (slow) notebook for the mule and my desktop with my main character. 

Victus, man, great idea!!!! I'd very much like to bury my stuff somewhere or go treasure hunting for other people's stuff. ;)

Victus, man, great idea!!!! I'd very much like to bury my stuff somewhere or go treasure hunting for other people's stuff. ;)

I actually think this will be one idea that will go in the game. Tents are too much of an eye sore and everybody knows every location. It'd be awesome to have to take EXACT coords of your stuff otherwise risk losing it. 

I always had my trusted loot-mule (aka 2nd character) hidden somewhere...

If i was running a server and knew you were doing this I would guid ban one of your characters

• Like 1

A little bit down the road it is planned to be able to do all the things you mention. But right now it's far off in the distance, as it's just not worth getting those things to work in the early-access.

It will come eventually - but right now they're focussing on other stuff.