carlj

Possible FPS Enhancer

What about RAMdisk ? on dayz mod it helped alot with fps? can someone make tutorial about dayz standalone RAMdisk?

What about RAMdisk ? on dayz mod it helped alot with fps? can someone make tutorial about dayz standalone RAMdisk?

Do you have 10gb of RAM to spare for DayZ? The mod was only 400mb.

Does anybody know of a way that I can manually cap the frames? Due to a sensitive temperature-related issue with my GPU fan, I'm being very conservative of the way that anything in or around my PC generates heat. I've done plenty of things already.

I don't need the 60(+?) frames that vertical sync caps it at. There's a a fair bit of PvP but it's definitely no counter-strike so I'd rather be able to cap at something like 40 just to squeeze that extra bit of saving.

Thanks man I have to try this when I'll be on a PC (I am on Laptop right now)

This increased my fps on the shote from 30 to stale 60. In the buildings from 10 to 50-55. Havent gone to cities yet though. Here have my beans!

So I'm not tech savvy by any means. How do I go about finding the required info I would need to fill in this -maxMem=[your amount], -maxVRAM=[your amount(1GB=1023, 2GB=2047)], cpuCount=[your amount], -exThreads=[your amount] ?

So, step numero uno is to open Steam, right click on DayZ and choose properties and choose Launch parameters (or start up parameters, cant remember).  In there you add the following, which you fill out to fit your computer. A good thing is to start adding them one by one, to see if it helps or gets worse. 

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty(is mainly to increase the game loading speed)

-winxp NOTE Ive managed to play for a good 30 min with -winxp, and that gave me the biggest boost. a round 50-60 in the wilderness, and around 25-35 in varios cities. BUT causes crashes and "Error: Device reset failed, error 8876086c"
 -high or Windows task manager > Details > Right click on DayZ > Select priorities > and select Realmtime/High.  NOTE: This might cause computer instability. Theres also -maxMem=[your amount], -maxVRAM=[your amount(1GB=1023, 2GB=2047)], cpuCount=[your amount], -exThreads=[your amount] 

Example for Dualcore CPU (i3), with 1GB Graphics card 
-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1023 -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=4

Example for quadcore CPU(i5): with 2GB Graphics card
-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4

Example for quadcore CPU with Hyperthreading(i7) with 2GB Graphics card
-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

Example for AMD FX8120 or FX 8150 with 1GB Graphics card
-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1023 -cpuCount=6 -exThreads=7

VERY important that you change these to fit your system, otherwise you wont notice any difference.

I think probably the best thing you can really do to improve your FPS in the game would be to go completely overboard when buying a cpu. The game is wicked hard on your cpu, so the better it is, the smoother it will run. but avoid massive bottlenecks

I just foud the way to improve fps.

All it takes is €500 or $680 on pc parts :P Its still not perfect, but works ok for me.

€3,000 for me from a good paycheck, still crappy FPS. Although 1 year later my PC can be gotten for about €1,000 :p

I think probably the best thing you can really do to improve your FPS in the game would be to go completely overboard when buying a cpu. The game is wicked hard on your cpu, so the better it is, the smoother it will run. but avoid massive bottlenecks

It is basically a lottery. I am running 

CPU:i7 4770k @ 4,5Ghz

SSD: Samsung 840 evo

RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb 1600Mhz

Mobo: Asus rog Maximus VI Impact

GPU: MSI GTX 780 Gaming @stock

And Ive read about people that have spent double, triple the amount than I and it still runs like shit. 

And what I can see from resource monitor, the game uses 1(!!) core. Thats it when the comes to the CPU. So what you really want is single core speed. As for the GPU it never used anymore than 60-70%. I mean, my cpu/gpu doesnt even run hot while playing DayZ, and thats purely because of the bad optimization of the game. Buying new parts/new computer to play DayZ is like throwing your money away. 

Edited by carlj
  • Like 1

So I'm not tech savvy by any means. How do I go about finding the required info I would need to fill in this -maxMem=[your amount], -maxVRAM=[your amount(1GB=1023, 2GB=2047)], cpuCount=[your amount], -exThreads=[your amount] ?

Need to know your computer spec. I.e What processor, how much RAM, what graphics card.

How do I recover my menu and my character creation setting, after making it blank with "world=empty"?
Simply deleting the command does not work.

• Like 1

Going to try this:

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=2

With my G3220 3Ghz Dual and 7850 2GB, dont get bad frames as it is, but doesn't hurt to try more.

If only all the servers weren't in darkness lol

Thanks

How do I recover my menu and my character creation setting, after making it blank with "world=empty"?

Simply deleting the command does not work.

I'm having the same problem. Now I can't edit my character's look. I don't even know why it disables the edit character panel.

EDIT: fixed it by just restarting steam.

Edited by tingkagol

I'm having the same problem. Now I can't edit my character's look. I don't even know why it disables the edit character panel.

EDIT: fixed it by just restarting steam.

Weird, I have already done that a dozen times, did nothing for me.

i have a sad feeling that the best fps im going to get is with everything low and/or disabled. i dont know very much about computers so any help would be much appreciated.

im playing on a laptop and these are the specs i gather from the sticker on it haha.

acer aspire 5560-7851

amd quad core a6-3400m with turbo core tech. up to 2.30 ghz

amd radeon hd 6520g with 512 mb graphics system memory

6 gb ddr3 memory installed

-

ive been playing awhile and it gets pretty choppy, im not clear on what settings to put into the launch parameters. i have edited the game files for distance and such. any other ideas system-wise or parameter help ? :) thank you so much.

im kind of computer illiterate

So someone please write out for me what I have to put in the launch parameters

System specs are: 

windows 7 64bit, intel core 2 quad Q8200 2.33, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770 PE

thanks so much

Someone help me please

You have to put this line of code:

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 

any other tricks to enable compatibilitymode for winxp?

both ways steamstartupsettings/andexepropertysetting does end up with error: device reet failed

friend of mine can run this without any probs and has an up to 10pfs boost!

other tips here are very usefull i got from 19-25 wildernes/ unplayable cities to 45-60 wilderness/ 30-40 cities wich is really great!

but i also figured out the sli solution with the arma2 sli profile at the same time wich also must give a lot of this boost...

i hope to get better control over the fps drops in xp mode.... when i get i working xD

both ways steamstartupsettings/andexepropertysetting does end up with error: device reet failed

other tips here are very usefull i got from 19-25 wildernes/ unplayable cities to 45-60 wilderness/ 30-40 cities wich is really great!

but i also figured out the sli solution with the arma2 sli profile at the same time wich also must give a lot of this boost...

i hope to get better control over the fps drops in xp mode.... when i get i working xD

You have to put this line of code:

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

for me ? :)

-skipIntro and -world=empty makes the main menu appear with a light blue Background. Also it makes character creation pointless since you won't see anything on the Screen. If you don't want this crap remove the Parameters and you're good to go.

Also I recommend Setting Antialiasing to "Low" and AoC to "All trees and grass". I can't see a noticeable visual difference between Antialiasing on "low" or "medium" except that "medium" costs more fps.

-winxp seems to improve Performance for me although Alt-Tab causes the game to Crash.

Trying to get an idea how to get DayZ SA to run decently smooth on my Crapple-Laptop.
Macbook running Windows 8.1 Pro x64bit
i7-3520M - 2.9Ghz (2 core 4 threads)

Intel HD4000 Graphics

1280x800 (13" screen)

8GB Ram

1TB 5400rpm Drive :(

What i have done so far.
:Launch Options:
-nosplash -noPause -world=empty -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=3 -maxMem=7168 -maxVram=512

:Documents\DayZ\cfg file:
GPU_MaxFrameAhead=1
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1
vsync=0
AToC=7

:Documents\DayZ Other Profiles\Name\vars:

shadingQuality=1

shadowQuality=1

SceneComplexity=150000

shadowZDistance=100

viewDistance=1100

preferredObjectViewDistance=1100

TerrainGrid=32.5

Edited by Dunxel

Is it scene complexity that deals with pop in, or is it a different one? I get a considerable amount of popin now especially from trees. What config option controls that?