carlj

Possible FPS Enhancer

Does it? That might explain why I started suffering from infrequent but annoying choppiness in ArmA 3/DayZ since I added that... I appreciate it. :)

Its the same as opening up your task manager and right-clicking on dayz= priority, high. 

As I said, it CAN cause instability, but it might work for some. I tried it, and didnt notice any improvement or instability:)

Its the same as opening up your task manager and right-clicking on dayz= priority, high. 

I know it is.

Also I edited my post warning everyone in case they didn't scroll down and see your warning.

i7, 6gb ram, radeon 7670m, 11-19 fps in forest, 7-14 fps in towns (on all low/disabled settings, textures normal, resolution 1366x768), regardless of using those changes or not. Tho, changes made in .cfg files helped by boosting my fps by 2-4, yay... But somehow i played Battlefield 3 on ultra with 30+ fps, thanks for help anyways :(

I have the following:

intel i5 3500k overclocked to 4.2 ghz (aftermarket water cooler)

8 GB of DDR3 RAM

SSD 

i play on 1080p

7850 Sapphire Radeon 

Tried it, went from 32 FPS to 60 FPS, thanks!

Edited by Ceez602

If you're rocking nVidia SLI then you MUST check out this guide on Reddit.  Boosted my FPS by 75+%!  As of right now there is no SLI profile for the Dayz exe.  It will likely be added on the next driver update, or maybe the one after depending on where they are in the driver dev cycle.  But until then, follow the instructions posted in the link below.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ta9ry/how_to_enable_nvidia_sli_in_standalone/

Edited by Darth_Rogue
  • Like 1

i turned my scentComplexity from 500000 down to 400000 and that made a difference for me!  i can run everything mostly on "normal" with the rendering stuff disabled and its VERY playable.

my specs:

Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF

Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz

8GB DDR3

Radeon 7750 1GB DDR5

Edited by mjf6866

I play Dayz on my laptop (using it as a pc) and I put DayZ on realtime in task manager as Dayz is mostly CPU depend this helped me allot and my mate aswell

Windows task manager > Details > Right click on DayZ > Select priorities > and select Realmtime. 

Not everyone will notice a difference but you can always try and test it yourself.

Edited by Chauz

I play Dayz on my laptop (using it as a pc) and I put DayZ on realtime in task manager as Dayz is mostly CPU depend this helped me allot and my mate aswell

Windows task manager > Details > Right click on DayZ > Select priorities > and select Realmtime. 

Not everyone will notice a difference but you can always try and test it yourself.

wouldnt even think to do that, thank you!

i'm wondering if that Razer game booster program does the same thing cause i'm running that too and it puts the PC in "game mode" where it automatically disables backround apps to focus on the game you are playing.

wouldnt even think to do that, thank you!

i'm wondering if that Razer game booster program does the same thing cause i'm running that too and it puts the PC in "game mode" where it automatically disables backround apps to focus on the game you are playing.

No problem, I just wanted to close down some background stuff and noticed the option and tried it.

Thanks, I REALLY hope BI, and the DayZ Dev team do tons of work on optimization (I think they promised they would) Because I have a high end PC 

Processor: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16314MB RAM

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Display Memory: 1730 MB

Dedicated Memory: 2021 MB

Shared Memory: 3804 MB

and my friends with lesser builds than me lag less in cities.. I hope this helps me out in that regard.

Graphics Settings;  Custom, mostly normal.
Wilderness FPS 40-50 Cities 15-25

For this ?

then yes.

I'm confused, is it this?

http://prntscr.com/2dpqqr

Yes, but also for the rest :-maxMem=, -maxVRAM=, -cpuCount=, -exThreads=

This helped me, but PLEASE, if I have any trouble, HOW DO I REMOVE THIS? Thanks!

Just delete it from Launch options. If you edited anything in the .cfg- file change, heres the original:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3

Thanks, I REALLY hope BI, and the DayZ Dev team do tons of work on optimization (I think they promised they would) Because I have a high end PC 

Processor: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16314MB RAM

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Display Memory: 1730 MB

Dedicated Memory: 2021 MB

Shared Memory: 3804 MB

and my friends with lesser builds than me lag less in cities.. I hope this helps me out in that regard.

Graphics Settings;  Custom, mostly normal.

Wilderness FPS 40-50 Cities 15-25

We can only wait for the optimization of the game. As it is no your processor will throw 8 cores at the game engine, but the engine have no idea what to do with it.(example only)

This CAN cause instability to your computer.

Edited by carlj

Yes, but also for the rest :-maxMem=, -maxVRAM=, -cpuCount=, -exThreads=

Just delete it from Launch options. If you edited anything in the .cfg- file change, heres the original:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3

We can only wait for the optimization of the game. As it is no your processor will throw 8 cores at the game engine, but the engine have no idea what to do with it.(example only)

This CAN cause instability to your computer.

It can if you run shitload stuff in the background It can ofc, but I know no one that ever had problems playing DayZ with this, and I use it since Dayz mod.

The Problem Because you Get Bad fps is you AMD CPU, if you Play the normal Arma 2 And 3 Series you Would recognize that they Run on intels a Way mutch better, in the standalone i fit with my Intel i5-4670 plus gtx 770 in the wilderndes 80-100 fps And in Citys like cherno or Elektro mostly 40 but Never under 30, in villages or at the airfield its abou 60-70 on my system, so its Hard for all AMD Users but i think you Never could Play this Game so well like an Intel User.

And i Play on very High settings, everything as High as it is possible, And Sorry for my mistakes in writing i am from Germany ;)

this -nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty

makes my game load longer... not shorter

this -nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty

makes my game load longer... not shorter

What does your menus look like? Empty or can you still see your character standing there?

It can if you run shitload stuff in the background It can ofc, but I know no one that ever had problems playing DayZ with this, and I use it since Dayz mod.

And so have I, but its known for causing instability, and its important to point it out, because otherwise people will complain.

The Problem Because you Get Bad fps is you AMD CPU, if you Play the normal Arma 2 And 3 Series you Would recognize that they Run on intels a Way mutch better, in the standalone i fit with my Intel i5-4670 plus gtx 770 in the wilderndes 80-100 fps And in Citys like cherno or Elektro mostly 40 but Never under 30, in villages or at the airfield its abou 60-70 on my system, so its Hard for all AMD Users but i think you Never could Play this Game so well like an Intel User.

As I understand it, the reason why it runs better on an Intel system rather than a AMD(CPU) is because Intel runs with fewer cores and higher clock on their cores. AMD runs more cores at a lower speed. 

So in this case the only reason why your Intel CPU performs better is because the higher clockspeed per core and DayZ(and most games today) doesnt know how to utilize more cores. DayZ takes the core it needs, and barely knows what to do with them as it is today.

As I said, this is what Ive understood from reading about what processor to buy for gaming, if I am wrong, please correct me.

Edited by carlj

I Thing its just the Arma Engine, in every Arma Game you got with an Intel High fps And with an AMD you got Less fps.

I saw dayz sa on a Friends AMD pc, it was

Hard for me to Play Because on my Pc it Runs fluently And on his pc it was stottering And was nearly unplayable in city areas.

You can google of you want Maybe you find something that explains

I Thing its just the Arma Engine, in every Arma Game you got with an Intel High fps And with an AMD you got Less fps.

I saw dayz sa on a Friends AMD pc, it was

Hard for me to Play Because on my Pc it Runs fluently And on his pc it was stottering And was nearly unplayable in city areas.

You can google of you want Maybe you find something that explains

And I tried to explain it in my previous post. 

It has lot ot do with games not supporting multiple cores. You can throw a 200 core CPU at a game, but just a very few of today's game use them. Most games today does only support 1-2 cores.

As I also mention before, so have I read that the way AMD is built is with MORE cores and LOWER corespeed. Intel is built with FEWER cores and HIGHER corespeed. This last part is something that someone with better insight have to confirm. 

Edited by carlj