Sign in to follow this  
symptom

Loot is not respawning

How long does it take for loot to respawn. I played on several servers today and could not find ANY loot other than what I found on dead players. I am thirsting and starving to death. I try to travel north to unsearched areas, and find rotten food, but that was it. Loot respawn needs to be quicker.

How long does it take for loot to respawn. I played on several servers today and could not find ANY loot other than what I found on dead players. I am thirsting and starving to death. I try to travel north to unsearched areas, and find rotten food, but that was it. Loot respawn needs to be quicker.

Loot only respawns on a server restart if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

biggest problem with this so far is lack of drink

Agreed. I keep finding food but have no can opener nor' screwdriver. As for drink I think I have found maybe 3 or 4 sodas, but at the current state food and water spawn rates are FAR too low to fulfill the current need for sustaining a character. Hopefully either the spawn rates will be seriously increased, or the rates at which you need to eat and drink will get a major decrease. 

Loot respawning on restart can only mean one thing.....

Time for everyone to be bandits again, and start killing each other.

Server restart loot is a pretty bad system, it basically just encourages everyone to server hop.  And yes, server hoping DOES work.  I've hoped at green mountain at about 10 servers and have pretty much an endgame kit with 20 minuets invested. M4, scope, 100's of bullets.

Server restart loot is a pretty bad system, it basically just encourages everyone to server hop.  And yes, server hoping DOES work.  I've hoped at green mountain at about 10 servers and have pretty much an endgame kit with 20 minuets invested. M4, scope, 100's of bullets.

hahah ^^^^ i knew this was gunna happen as soon as i heard Loot ONLY happens at respawn...

broken system is broken... hopefully the devs are listening and realize this system wont work...

If you like that, go ahead.

If you're looking for loot, it'll take orders of magnitude longer.

Of course it's going to take magnitudes longer, you're cheating by server hopping. Eventually there will be punishments for doing stuff like that.

• Like 1

I feel like making loot spawn just once during server restarts necessitates server hopping. Especially since I was new to the game and I'd pretty much wandered everywhere looking for literally anything to help me survive for an hour xD
(I did. Pseudo. In the end. I wandered into a military base by accident and managed a gun and bullets. I fell unconscious not long after though.)

I think it'd be more interesting if loot spawns were both 1) Rare enough that it won't necessarily allow for the survival of all the players on the server, and 2) Infrequent. Perhaps every 8 hours +- 1 hour, and this initially, randomly determined by the server so players can't predict loot respawns.

Dev's have mentioned being interested in player-created structures though, perhaps then it'd also be interesting if this scarcity economy was offset by the possibility of players investing in a given server to produce things like foods/some weapons/bullets/e.t.c.? Like the creation of structures/buildings that can slowly generate certain goods, but which require maintenance/large initial resource investments. I think it'd be pretty cool if a server had dedicated players creating tiny bastions of society, while other players would probably specialize more as bandits trying to get back on the limited supplies each server naturally offers.