ProfessorShanks (DayZ)

Regarding the people complaining.

we have a whole separate thread for that argument, and in that thread it is obvious opinions are mixed, some people really like the loot system. secondly there is going to be a mechanic put in place to prevent server hopping, and i'm sure that the devs are going to tweak the hunger/thirst meters so you aren't constantly in need of sustenance, which would give you a more even playing field, as you can possibly make it further inland without dropping unconscious. 

I don't care that it's not fair for me, or anyone else who joins the server a couple of hours after restart, I want it to be hard, and the best way for a game to be hard is for it to be "unfair". 

pointing out what you think of as a problem isn't complaining, but when your problem is my blessing, then obviously we're going to disagree, and surely from my point of view it's gonna seem like a complaint rather than a bug report. 

Of course you are free to disagree with me but for the most part everything that you've done is try and insinuate that myself, and others, are simply complaining. So please don't try and take the high ground when you're hopelessly mired in the sewer.

Until there's confirmation that this is working as intended, and there's no such confirmation, it's still considered a bug. Especially when it deviates so enormously from what the mod did.

But really, the issue is that you like playing a certain way and I like playing a certain way. I like every person having an equal shot at success, you like people being handicapped. Whatever floats your boat, right? Wrong. While we're forced to play on the same server there is going to need to be a compromise. I'm pretty sure the devs are going to recognize that. Until then, though, I'm sure we'll be disagreeing a whole lot more. I look forward to it.

sweet, Post to complain about people that complains lol.

You wont change their mind with your cute little post or when you keep saying its an alpha shit will get fix. Just let people complain, should last a week or two and they will move to something else. 

Hm, I agree a bit with both sides here.

They won't be able to make the end-result great, unless people let them know what is/is not working with it. After all, that's the point of an Alpha version, isn't it? At the same time, reporting bugs, letting the team know what is wrong/does not work should be done politely, realistically and in an all around decent manner. Long rants about how sucky "the game" is now is pointless, as there's a huge disclaimer stating this before you buy the game. We've been clearly warned this will be flawed, buggy and highly irritating. So, makes little sense to rant about it. 

I try to let whomever is listening know what isn't working for me, hoping it will contribute to making the game a good experience in the end. And I might post a frustrated "Please help me make my damned game work" at some point if my server issues consists, but all in all, I was warned and can only blame myself, really. 

There is

People are conflating bug reports with outright condemnation. I was watching a livestream a minute ago where the streamer went on a rant and basically advised people not to buy the game. Big difference people.

Prof Shanks is referring to those people that have already made up thier minds based on a few hours of Alpha, not people who are reporting bugs. And no, whining in youtube does not constitute a valid bug report.

PS Weedz: I realise that your brain may be fried, but veracity is not a function of comment volume (how often you post). A mutherfucker could sign up for this forum in five minutes, say the sky is blue, be correct, and have every "right" to say it.

I made up my mind within 5 minutes of this buggy alpha...

I love it, LOVE IT LOVE IT!

I know that I can love it, and will, when it is improved. Which will happen in time. For now I am content with testing and complaining politely, lol.

Realistic expectations usually does the trick ;)

I bought the alpha, I believe in the product and the team behind it, but get real.  Alpha or not, this game is RAW, 2 steps forward, 1 step back from the mod. Critisism is much better than fanboy worship.

For almost a year we have been awaiting for the release of DayZ Standalone. Watching streams, Youtube videos, making fan art, and so on. For months we have been complaining about it not releasing, and how its taking "forever". 

And now it has arrived. Dean has put a lot of effort making this game what it is. 

And right now, a lot of this forum is complaining about all the problems, and how things aren't working, or about the loot spawn rate and when it spawns. HERE, LET ME JUST POST THE STEAM INFO: 

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. 

Did nobody read this? Stop criticizing and labeling the game. I honestly like the low spawn rate of stuff, you have to scavenge more. And when you find shit, you are more satisfied. This is NO MOD. This is the real zombie survival game it was meant to be, Im sure everyone is sorry for the people who cant camp up in buildings with guns now, so sorry for the people who cant just get the best of everything from the start. 

This wasn't supposed to be an easy game, It's god damn survival. So either quit bitching and play the game, Or get the hell off and go play something else. 

Main Problems WILL be fixed. Just. Wait.

A alpha is all about complaining. Some call it feedback.

I see the "Meisterwerk" and tell what I like and what I don´t like. This game is amazing. Worth every $$$.

Loot at restart is crap. This has nothing to do with "more loot" or make it easy. I don´t want change my gamestyle because I know restart informations.

As fans of the game, it is our duty to bitch, moan, and whine about everything to ensure the highest quality product is eventually achieved. If we did not act like ungrateful children, begging for dinner all afternoon only to declare our disgust for vegetables at the table, we would be failing Rocket, his team, this community, fellow gamers, and ourselves.

Loot at restart is crap. This has nothing to do with "more loot" or make it easy.

People complaining about the scarcity of loot must really suck at the game; I'm finding food faster than I can eat it, I've got a crowbar, a mosin nagant, a helmet, jacket, winter pants, a pay day mask, and 3 melee weapons in my backpack after a few hours.

I understand every part about this Alpha release.  I also know that valid, genuine bug reporting should be sent to http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/8-bug-reports/

Whining in these generic forums here isn't going to help anybody.  I just signed up on these forums today after paying for Early Access.  I've been playing the mod for more than a year.

To the "you are not part of this community" guy:  Guess what?  In all honesty, Mr. Hall is far more likely to read random posts on Reddit than in this little forum.

I see TWO new posts made since the SA was released.  It seems that your little "community" isn't really helping alpha.  Yes, just two new posts of bug reports.

Edited by MylesMDT
  • Like 1