execpro22

NWAF= Pipe Dream

OP has clearly never learned anything about probability. so im guessing he's in like 8th? 9th grade?

that was corrected on page 2 bro

but yeah isn't it jarring how wrong that is? lol

Yeah it is lol I had to put it up too....just to make sure that he doesn't make that mistake EVER again.

It was my first trip to Stary too. I honestly just ran down the hill towards those tents and went through them one by one. I was very surprised how much military loot was there and I had no problem with pvper's. I didnt even know about the military tents there.

To everyone else who found something good at NWAF' date=' I salute you, but I probably wont visit there again for awhile. Am currently visiting other places like deer stands and castles.

[/quote']

Castles don't have anything worthwhile really, and because of their compact nature you are quite likely to run into people at them. I would avoid them -- risk reward ratio isn't worth it.

The only real problem with Stary is that none of the tents spawn a silenced M4 or Night Vision Goggles, where as a barracks does. If you can live with that, Stary is easier to scout and the loot is all very close together. Again though, people tend to camp the area, you are bound to run into someone at some point.

What you really want to do is scout around fields outside towns for crashed helicopters. Some of the guns that spawn around them can only be found on those sites. They shift around after each server restart so keep your eyes open. Because of the randomness of the locations, I would say the risk-reward is the best it can possibly be here. People still camp them, but there are multiple sites at a time so in all likelihood you will be ok.

Ok so I found my first downed Heli in a field guarded by ten zombies. This was after leaving NWAF.

I slinked to the chopper and my reward was...........

Nothing! 0 Zilch Goose egg

Then I go over to the other side and see a gatling gun in mid animation firing. I remember reading somewhere that helis that are like that are bugged and have no loot.

Another pipedream! Just call me the unluckiest guy in DAYZ.

Since patch 1/4 and 1.5, i have played the game l3 times. First time i found a crashed heli and found the l85 AWS ,camo and some generic items, second play-through found 2 FALs without any sights but only 1 mag and also some generic loot, its all on the floor and i actually only found the L85 when I returned to make sure i did not miss anything, very lucky.

3rd time no luck :(

So' date=' I've been hearing about this mystical shengrula called "the Nothwest Airfield".

[/quote']

Shengrula = Shangri-La

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangri-La

Just helping.

Doesnt really help when this was already brought up by another poster, but I guess bumping thread doesnt hurt.

OP has clearly never learned anything about probability. so im guessing he's in like 8th? 9th grade?

Im impressed. Usually this forum is full of trolls, but this is the first troll this thread has gotten.

Maybe the community really is coming together.

This isn't true. Every single Heli I have found like that has that animation' date=' and every single one has had some form of loot. It isn't actually in the Heli, it's on the floor around it, and it can be quite difficult to spot. I know people have said they haven't found anything at them, but I genuinely haven't come across one that doesn't at least have something.

[/quote']

Maybe I was just too stupid to see it, but I dont remember seeing any loot on the ground. I honestly thought the loot was in the chopper. Durr.

Nah it's not stupidity mate, sometimes it really is buried deep in the long grass. As sunnz said, sometimes I've left thinking I've found everything, gone back to make sure and found something great. The best way to look is face down to the ground in a crouch walk with the context menu selected (ie, just move your mouse wheel slightly so that it's selected but don't actually select anything). Then walk around and see if anything flashes up briefly.

Btw, there are tents in Berezino as well, similar to Stary. It's between the north and the south on the east side of the town, there's a little road that just stops, heading out of Berezino towards the east. Where that road ends is where the tents are. No different to Stary, just if you want some variety.

The airfield is usually camped on high population servers. I managed to find a M4A1 CCO and a PDW but heard two sniper shots whiz by my head. Luckily he was a terrible shot. Ran to cover and waited for some time before I made camp for another run with some back up. Now that I realize you can make the PDW silenced by putting in SD rounds, I really want my NVG's.

You will always find stuff you need and lots of it at the NW AF if you don't have decent gear.

My character is like 4 weeks old because I rarely play but the last time I went to NW AF was specifically for NVG, GPS and M4 SD. No I didn't find any of them. I'm still humping around with my M4A3 and my Coyote Elite full of other crap (I know how sad).

You aren't going to always find everything you want, like I couldn't because I had a specific shopping list. I did find tons of crap I didn't want like, numerous DMRs, M24, bunch of other nice guns but not what I wanted. Stuff is there, sometimes the server is jacked up and doesn't spawn anything. Most times hit up the south barracks and get the fuck out of dodge and you'll be good.

Crossing the air field and looting the ATC, Hangars and other barracks aren't worth it in my opinion. I always find better gear in the south barracks.

Btw the most fun I've had by myself in Day Z was scouting the entire AF by myself at night without NVG. I was prone the entire time and thankfully no one with NVG was there. The zeds were very scary because I had to rely on their shadows to see where they were, and it was pitch black when I got into the shadows.

I am wondering which building is the "barracks" at the airfield.

None of them LOOKS like a barracks to me.

Edit: we'll there are buildings that might be, but they appear to be not enter able.

Posted by Villa Straylight - Today 08:54 AM

I am wondering which building is the "barracks" at the airfield.

None of them LOOKS like a barracks to me

That was exactly my problem. I walked right by the barracks because I couldnt even tell that it was a high yield building.

For some reason I assumed the big green hangers were where the loot was.

@Execpro:

Try this map and filter things out except military ones. And they are also classified in 3 Categories on this map. Youll see that NW Airfield can have the best loot in Chernarus, except the Helicopters, but Helis doesnt contain as much of it.

http://dayzdb.com/map

@Execpro:

Try this map and filter things out except military ones. And they are also classified in 3 Categories on this map. Youll see that NW Airfield can have the best loot in Chernarus' date=' except the Helicopters, but Helis doesnt contain as much of it.

http://dayzdb.com/map

[/quote']

Thank you so much for this loot map. I was using an older one that didnt have any filtering type feature on it. Looking at this map I realized I completely missed the other barracks on the other side of the field. Thats probably my problem right there.

This is awesome thx.